• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
This is all kinds of wrong. Not only has she had to endure constant taunts, death threats and rape threats she then turns to her employer for help and they say she should "toughen up". Wow.

Also, folks saying Xbox Brazil need to get sorted out, lets not detract from the fact they went to the Global Xbox team with this and it was their decision to sever ties.....

What is troubling is what if other Microsoft/Xbox employees suffer this same kind of treatment, I would imagine they get the same kind of treatment from them......

Browser

Apr 13, 2019

Xbox br official twitter account tweeted this.

Translation
We have made some changes in our Xbox original content strategy in Brazil, resulting in fewer channels.
We thank Isadora Basile and the talented staff at the agency for their creativity and contribution to Xbox news. The Xbox Wire will be the only news and high impact content source. The XboxBR channel will continue to experiment new ways to entertain the brazillian gamer.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Right-wing folks who call out "cancel culture in action" all the time on Twitter will surely pounce on this. Oh right, they don't care as long as it benefits them. Seems like a trend among those people. Hmmmm.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
This was done on guidance from the global xbox team? Sounds like not only xbox BR is in need of some cleaning.

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a global xbox team that's not xbox hq / Phil Spencer? I can't imagine him hearing that an employee was getting death threats and his recommendation was to fire her.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Fuck this.

You have to assume someone higher up at MS will get involved and do something...

... Right?

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
I think the appropriate response here is that MS should drop the entire Xbox Brazil team and start from scratch. Entire culture seems to be toxic and compromised.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It really did went viral in brazilian twitter, so I hope the right people take notice.

DDrift

Jun 9, 2019
You know what you're doing is wrong. For all we know the guy retweeted an Xbox fan, the only thing that ties the picture to the member of Mil Grau is a small watermark that could easily be missed. Also, we can't possible know the envolvement of Bruno in Isadora's situation, so we cant blame him for that either. This situation sucks, but don't try to start something that could harm someone without evidence.

Dude if you're in a Director position, the least that you need to do, is check WTH you are posting. Also, look the comments, the people warned him about it, so why he didn't delete the post?

And you know why, he doesn't want to cut ties with the MilGrau legion.

Also, see Dog whistle

Last edited:

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Jesus Christ, sort this out Microsoft. Xbox Brazil seems to have some really rotten people working there.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
And you know why, he doesn't want to cut ties with the MilGrau legion.
Of course he doesn't. He saw how his fanatics turned on Xbox when Mil Grau was banned. Eventually they forgot because Mil Grau just needed to drop the Xbox brand name and their only stance against the toxicity on the community was a single tweet.

This is what pisses me most about this situation, it's that they know it's a toxic community but they just don't seem to care as long as they keep being fanatics.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
So the guy behind the Xbox brand in Brazil, is praising a fan-art done by one of the members of the "Mil Grau" group. XboxBR is rotten to the core.

Hi, majornelson
You know what you're doing is wrong. For all we know the guy retweeted an Xbox fan, the only thing that ties the picture to the member of Mil Grau is a small watermark that could easily be missed. Also, we can't possible know the envolvement of Bruno in Isadora's situation, so we cant blame him for that either. This situation sucks, but don't try to start something that could harm someone without evidence.

Oh, come the fuck on. Xbox Brasil management is absolutely appalling and they should be made responsible for the lack of action against Mil Grau. It took them far too long and the way then handled Isadora's situation is horrific too.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck off Xbox BR.
It's time the higher ups step up and fix this toxic shit.

broderm

Jun 15, 2020
Disgusting. This is not only on XboxBR, but goes all the to the top. For them to act like that it's because they're not supervised in some capacity. And if they're, the hierarchy is shit as well.

Spencer likes to talk how there's no space for harassment on Xbox Live but seems like there's plenty on the community. Shame on them of allowing that.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
User banned (1 week): Inflammatory generalizations. Generalizing so many other countries, even if you include your own, is not appropriate.
Ah, gaming culture is rotten, and this is specially noticed on developing countries.

</3

Last edited:

Ser_Luke

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 30, 2019
Right-wing folks who call out "cancel culture in action" all the time on Twitter will surely pounce on this. Oh right, they don't care as long as it benefits them. Seems like a trend among those people. Hmmmm.
They've had their own version of cancel culture for years they are in denial about.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After last year's big scandal about the disgusting treatment of female employees throughout Microsoft, shit like this happening still shows MS still has a loooooong way to go in getting it's shit together.

Jul 26, 2018
Yep, it's a mess over here. They took years to finally shut down Xbox Mil Grau (a brazillian xbox fan page responsible to spread alt-right bullshit all over the web), but took a few months to dismiss the woman host who have suffered countless death and rape threats.
I wonder if Phil Spencer, who has been somewhat reachable on Twitter, is well aware of the situation. I know MS Brazil has a different management and so it's not direct for him to intervene but I'm sure he can put enough internal pressure to make this better.

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Ah, 3rd world gaming culture is rotten

Yes, that's why we, residents in developing countries, have crafted terms such as "gamergate", which is a Brazilian Portuguese word, you know. Or have built a culture of toxic work environment on dozens of Ubisoft studios, most of them in "first world countries" and so on. Gaming is rotten here and healthy, equal and progressive everywhere else.

/s