• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Note that the games can only be played off the disc on 360. XB1 has to download the games (like all 360 releases - something future Xbox consoles will likely do as well) and just uses the disc as a key to run them. We don't yet know if the disc still prompts the user to download the game in this case.
Ah that's true. Hoping for the best.
In the US and it's in the store.
Good to hear. I would recommend anybody who want's it to buy it then. I doubt it will be on the store for long if Europe lost it (but I hope I am wrong).

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Correct me if I am wrong but Doom 2 for the Xbox 360 had No Rest for the Living right? If so then that means the new version then they will be locked out from that episode (if they replace it with the old one for the people who bought it).
The 360 is actually where No Rest for the Living originated, it was specifically made for XBLA.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
They removed the PS3 version of the Doom Collection (yes the PS3 version which shouldn't affect the PS4 version technically) because they knew it was a much better value because you literally get EVERYTHING classic Doom. That includes the Master Levels, Final Doom, a special episode made from DOOM 2 Xbox version called No Rest for The Living and of course Ultimate Doom and Doom 2. Also had online CO OP and deathmatch alongside split screen.

Man wtf

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That Doom Classic Complete is pretty great though, is that the first time that Ultimate Doom, Final Doom, Doom II: Hell on Earth, Master Levels for Doom II and Doom II: No Rest For The Living are all available in one package?

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully we get a physical Doom Complete Collection with comes with Doom Classic Complete along with the Doom 3.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That Doom Classic Complete is pretty great though, is that the first time that Ultimate Doom, Final Doom, Doom II: Hell on Earth, Master Levels for Doom II and Doom II: No Rest For The Living are all available in one package?
Yes.

Literally everything (aside from Doom 64) for around 10 bucks.

SomaXD

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it just baffles me how on-board so many people are with this shit. Its just a way for these shitty publishers to pass a bunch of anti-consumer horseshit on to their customers and do whatever the fuck they want because you dont own the game anymore.

Its fucking weird dude... people just dont care about owning shit anymore... games are one and done based on responses i got on the topic... so old games dont matter these days. Its Fucking stupid.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
I deleted my doom to test this out and its gone. Do not delete your BC versions of Doom! This likely applies to 2 and 3 as well

The big question I have: are affected owners able to access the new SKU and download for free, or are they being asked to buy again? I never bought any of the old Doom games on 360, so I can't test.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
If you have an Xbox 360 copy of DOOM 3: BFG Edition, inserting the disc should still prompt the downloadable copy of DOOM and DOOM 2.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017

Segaswirl

Feb 5, 2018
Glasgow, Scotland.
I just turned on my 360 and scrolled through my purchase history. Doom 1 & 2 are still there and can be downloaded onto the 360. They've just been removed from Xbox One BC I guess.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
I just turned on my 360 and scrolled through my purchase history. Doom 1 & 2 are still there and can be downloaded onto the 360. They've just been removed from Xbox One BC I guess.
Yep that's what I figured. Since MS has to license the games for BC the owners can go back and have them removed as well. It sucks that they did it though.

Deleted member 2620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still shitty and people should still complain until it gets rectified, but at least decade-old purchases aren't being jettisoned.

Xbox 360 Doom 3 BFG Edition disc still works

Zeranium

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if you bought DOOM 3 BFG on disc if that would allow you to access the 360 versions? I still have my disc.
Hm, I wonder if my physical doom 3 copy will still work.

Ok, so I popped in my Doom 3 BFG disc in and can confirm that it prompted me to download all 3 games

since i previously bought Doom digitally, I was able to play that without the disc inserted but for the rest I had to have it in

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
If this isn't just a mistake then it's a really shitty thing to do and I won't be rebuying the new versions just to play a game I already own and was backwards compatible.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
are other games working? I looked at my history on xbox.com and don't see any 360 games

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
There's your digital future.
The perks of the all digital future
Welcome to the digital world.

So many of these posts, but I think just vilifying digital is an over-simplification. The focus should be on asking these companies not to do this kind of shitty stuff, not on writing off all digital delivery of media. Nobody is going out and buying a physical copy of Doom and Doom II Classic.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, so I popped in my Doom 3 BFG disc in and can confirm that it prompted me to download all 3 games

since i previously bought Doom digitally, I was able to play that without the disc inserted but for the rest I had to have it in
Guess I'm getting a cheap copy from GameStop after work.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea

Thanks! Just tried it myself, all good here ^.^

baMZlSq.jpg

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Every time shit like this happens I look at my pile of physical media and smile like a smug douchebag.