• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MDR

Jun 21, 2018
Just checked, the game is now unavailable on the xbox 360 store. There is no buy option in the store, and when i try to unlock the full game through the free demo, the transaction does not go through.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
This *just* went live on Xbox Marketplace:

Can anyone who own(ed) Doom II on XB360 see if they can claim that download for free, and/or if it lists as "owned" ? Either way, it sure DOES look like they removed the new levels that launched on the 360 version of Doom II, woof.

Has anyone actually booted up this new release of DOOM II to see what all is included? Sometimes the marketplace listings omit stuff. Would be really crappy if this version doesn't have No Rest for the Living.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have DOOM 3 BFG on the PS3. Are the classic Doom games not on the disc?
You only get Doom 1, 2 and Rest for Living episode with the BFG edition and yes they are on disc.

I recommend getting the "Doom Classic Complete" version if you want everything like Final Doom and the bonus episodes. It is currently only available on the US PSN so act fast if you want them.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Reminds me, at E3 Bethesda took credit for creating the FPS genre. Yeah, Bethesda somehow created Wolfenstein 3D and Doom when John Carmack, John Romero and the original team aren't even working there.
LMAO what?? Everyone can remember the first great FPS game, Elder Scrolls: Arena in 1994 lol.

It's a shame I like so many of the devs under their umbrella because Bethesda the publisher is scummy as hell. Makes me angry they're the only big game company from my home state.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so. They just dropped xbone PS4 and switch versions of the games. They want you buying them not playing your 360 BC versions.
Oh, i believe they purposely took it down. What im saying is that it will likely be available for dload for those who own it already, assuming this was always available digitally.

Deleted member 16025

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You only get Doom 1, 2 and Rest for Living episode with the BFG edition and yes they are on disc.

I recommend getting the "Doom Classic Complete" version if you want everything like Final Doom and the bonus episodes. It is currently only available on the US PSN so act fast if you want them.
Thanks! I am happy enough with what's on the disc then. I also have the original PSX release of Doom on disc (and on my PS Classic) so between all of those, that's all the Doom I'll ever need.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Just checked, the game is now unavailable on the xbox 360 store. There is no buy option in the store, and when i try to unlock the full game through the free demo, the transaction does not go through.
Is it in the "download history" when you check that on an actual 360? That's how I re-download old delisted games like Simpsons Arcade and the early MvC games (and Doom and Doom II that brief time it was delisted when it was sold from Activision to Bethesda). I'm thinking about checking myself, but I have a lot of freaking purchases and scrolling all the way down to 2011 is really tedious lol.

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017

Final Doom is honestly not that great and skippable imo. Doom Complete isn't even an accurate title for the PSN version because it doesn't have Doom 64 (which is canon as of Doom 2016's story).

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LMAO what?? Everyone can remember the first great FPS game, Elder Scrolls: Arena in 1994 lol.

It's a shame I like so many of the devs under their umbrella because Bethesda the publisher is scummy as hell. Makes me angry they're the only big game company from my home state.

One minute in.

Seems Todd Howard's mentality isn't exclusive to him.
Thanks! I am happy enough with what's on the disc then. I also have the original PSX release of Doom on disc (and on my PS Classic) so between all of those, that's all the Doom I'll ever need.
You are welcome.

Final Doom is honestly not that great and skippable imo. Doom Complete isn't even an accurate title for the PSN version because it doesn't have Doom 64 (which is canon as of Doom 2016's story).
Yeah it is a shame about Doom 64. It is better than Doom 2 IMO.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, i believe they purposely took it down. What im saying is that it will likely be available for dload for those who own it already, assuming this was always available digitally.

It's concerning publishers can take it away in the first place, but as long as it's made available again to those of us that purchased it soon, it's ok I guess. Microsoft and Sony needs to protect what we purchase, so publishers don't run amok with crap like this. I also thought that was their message these last few years, so this is hopefully a mistake.

0b23034a-36e5-4d3a-anqjm4.jpeg

Last edited:

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, glad I still own my physical 360 BFG Edition on pure principle
Like, I was going to buy them again on Switch, but this is NOT COOL at all

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
Nah, fuck it, shit should hit the fan right now. Bethesda is taking away products that people lawfully purchased to try to get them to pay for the products again. This should be the biggest horror story of any all digital proponent.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

One minute in.

Seems Todd Howard's mentality isn't exclusive to him.

You are welcome.

Yeah it is a shame about Doom 64. It is better than Doom 2 IMO.

Yeah having an id Software employee on the stage to back you up makes some amount of sense, yet Duffy didn't even join the company until Quake 3.

He should be saying "we bought the IP of the first FPS along with the guy who programmed it, then we later tried to sue his ass off!" But I guess that doesn't roll off the tongue the same way.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone confirm if PS3 BFG Edition is still in their download list? (If you bought it digitally that is)

amprsand11

Jan 12, 2018
Canada
Do you not want me to buy Doom Eternal? Cause that's how you get me to not buy Doom Eternal. Not cool Bethesda. Glad I have it installed on my console still, but this better be an accident

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
If this is half as bad as it looks, I'll legitimately blacklist Bethesda from any future purchases in this hobby. And to be clear, I love their output. This goes beyond the sort of consumer lobbying communities will do; this has the appearance of an actual bad-faith seller.

I'll leave Doom Eternal on the shores of hell, don't test me. Are there any Bethesda reps in the Resetera community we could get clarification from?

MDR

Jun 21, 2018
Is it in the "download history" when you check that on an actual 360? That's how I re-download old delisted games like Simpsons Arcade and the early MvC games (and Doom and Doom II that brief time it was delisted when it was sold from Activision to Bethesda). I'm thinking about checking myself, but I have a lot of freaking purchases and scrolling all the way down to 2011 is really tedious lol.
Does anyone know if it can be re-downloaded on 360? I wonder if they're killing it altogether.
Let me clarify.

I have only Doom 1 Purchased. If i go to my download History, i can re-download Doom 1.

If you want to buy Doom 1 or Doom 2 for the Xbox 360, you cant. Since the XBLA versions are delisted, even if you don't own an Xbox One, and try to do so directly on the Xbox 360 consoles.

However, you can still download the Doom 1 and Doom 2 demos, but you can't "Unlock" it by purchasing.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Apologies if I missed it, but are these "re-releases" missing the online co-op (which I believe the prior releases had)? The store listings only say local now which is super disappointing if true.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I only purchased the first Doom on 360 digitally. I'm sure that I have the BFG edition though.. somewhere on disk in my storage room.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
This *just* went live on Xbox Marketplace:

Can anyone who own(ed) Doom II on XB360 see if they can claim that download for free, and/or if it lists as "owned" ? Either way, it sure DOES look like they removed the new levels that launched on the 360 version of Doom II, woof.

Still looking for Doom 1 Classic...

EDIT: Doom 1 Classic is here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/doom-1993/9plzphbnhtmf?activetab=pivot:overviewtab ... if you were affected and can check whether that's "owned" or "free" for you, lmk.
I own Doom 1 BC edition.

This asks me to buy it. That's fine if the other edition wouldn't run away from your ready to install list. But it does? That's double shit.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Not a big surprise, they removed Doom 3 on Steam too because it's better than the BFG Edition. Bethesda isn't the only company to pull this sort of stuff either.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Let me clarify.

I have only Doom 1 Purchased. If i go to my download History, i can re-download Doom 1.

If you want to buy Doom 1 or Doom 2 for the Xbox 360, you cant. Since the XBLA versions are delisted, even if you don't own an Xbox One, and try to do so directly on the Xbox 360 consoles.

However, you can still download the Doom 1 and Doom 2 demos, but you can't "Unlock" it by purchasing.
Thanks for checking. Yeah I just got done scrolling down the list. Both Doom and Doom II re-downloaded fine.
Seems so. No online of any type; the leaderboards are gone too.
Strange that the leaderboards (and it seems xbox live multiplayer as well) are still up on the 360 version on an actual 360, but greyed out when playing the 360 version on an Xbox One.

Oct 27, 2017
Rather than freaking out, I'm choosing to believe this is a legitimate mistake.
Probably some database clash caused by having 2 versions of the games with the same name or something.

I expect my XBLA versions of Doom 1 and Doom 2 to be restored at some point in the near future.
I'll give them until the end of the day to make a comment about it.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's a mistake but I just bought Doom 3 BFG on eBay for ten bucks just in case.