• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ivan.k

ivan.k

Banned
Dec 30, 2017
Moscow
I'm speaking about germany
I'm confused
d63edd9af879f866baea5e3c5b506959.jpg

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Sad that they're not offering it in the Netherlands. Guess they think they can't beat Sony here.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
My German colleague at work has mentioned in the past that generally Germans are adverse to the idea of credit (cards, interest free, buy now pay later etc.). Would you agree/think it plays any part in this?
It's basically the same as a mobile phone plan which most people use around here.

I think they'd have a bigger chance with a payment plan than directly competing with sony on price.

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
This type of financing plan would be ideal for Latin America. At least here in Mexico almost everyone buys electronics in monthly fees since salaries are way lower and prices higher than US/Canada.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I seriously can't get over the value of this.

A next gen console
150+ GamePass games
60+ EA Play games (+10% off EA products)
Cloud streaming
Multiplayer access (Xbox Gold)

For 25$/mo!

Plus you can bring over all your previous gen controllers.

Nayeon

Oct 29, 2017
My German colleague at work has mentioned in the past that generally Germans are adverse to the idea of credit (cards, interest free, buy now pay later etc.). Would you agree/think it plays any part in this?
Yup, it's quite on point. While many germans are actually warming up to the idea of it, most people to this day hate using credit cards or hell even use NFC to pay groceries and stuff. Hard cash is still unrivaled here, sadly. I can't remember when I actually bought something from the nearby backery because they all want cash and don't even accept my debit/credit card, or hell, even Google Pay. This whole country feels like it's still in the middle ages at times.

I'm not surprised one bit that Xbox All Access is not releasing here. For one because of the above and for two because Germany is 33% PlayStation, 33% PC, 32% Switch and 1% Xbox. Literally.

The whole deal is still amazing though. But yeah, Germany kinda needs a reality check when it comes to services such as this.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Xbox All Access is very much the known unknown this generation, particularly in North America. Given that it covers the console and Game Pass Ultimate for the duration of the contract, I can see it appealing to both casual gamers and people wanting to try Game Pass as a secondary console, and to existing Xbox fans that are already paying Game Pass month-to-month. That said, to what extent that translates to people signing up is the big question.

jelmerjt

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Sad that they're not offering it in the Netherlands. Guess they think they can't beat Sony here.

Both Xbox models are above 250 euros, which means that your name ends up in the big old BKR book. Not really a good thing to have a BKR-registration in the Netherlands, as it will make it harder for you to loan money, get a mortgage etc. So that's a substantial obstacle.

Last edited:

WillyBubba

Oct 31, 2017
Both Xbox models are above 250 euros, which means that your name ends up in the big old BKR book. Not really a good thing to have a BKR-registration in the Netherlands, as it will make it harder for you to loan money, get a mortgage etc.

Only if the registration is negative, i.e. if you're behind in payments etc.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Duplicate Thread:

www.resetera.com

Xbox All Access going global is so nice.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/09/xbox-all-access-expands-to-12-countries-this-holiday/ I’ve been eyeing this as a Canadian for a long time hoping it would come here. I’m glad to see that they’re expanding this to more countries. And with the announcement of EA play being added at no extra...

Status
Not open for further replies.