• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
if its successful this holiday, i will love to see how they price this model for scarlett. will most likely be what i do!

talkTOmyHAND

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
But unlike those phone plans, Xbox All Access is actually less expensive than purchasing an Xbox One outright and then subscribing to Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass for two years."

Yet i can buy cheap XBL 1 Gold sub for $30-40 ( there are deals all the time ) or Gamepass monthly sub for what....3$ and X1X for 449. Yes, it's cheaper AT ONCE

Last edited:

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I think this kind of plans could work better than just game streaming. Hopefully it catches on with Sony and Nintendo.

Deepthought_

Banned
May 15, 2018
It does what any other credit service will do. It'll knock your credit score and if you continue to miss payments, it goes to collections.

Not a big fan of these rent to own plans but it does open the door for more people to own something expensive but if they lose their job or something bad happens then your credit is fucked

I guess they get to keep the Xbox even if they don't make a payment like cell phones

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Damn. Microsoft is really going all out. While this might seem desperate to others, it almost guarantees they'll start the next gen with their feet running ablaze.

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
Any particular reason you don't like it? Getting all 1st party games day one is a big reason to have it. Alongside all the other titles.

I've played a lot of the older games on game pass and don't have much interest in the ones I haven't already played. New games on day 1 is pretty awesome, but again, I'm not interested in many of the MS games coming out. I loved State of Decay 2. I'm looking forward to Gears 5. I'll probably want to try Crackdown 3. That's not enough for a game pass subscription.

Once game pass has more day 1 MS exclusives games that I want to play, it will be more attractive.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
even if the end result is them paying more in total than up front.

But that's not the case here (and spare me the "you can get it all cheaper if you look around enough" line, no one compares value like that on any product). I'd go so far to say that if one was going to buy this stuff anyway, they'd be an idiot to not do this. Just take the ~$800 it'd cost upfront and put it into a bank account that the payment plan draws from. It'll finish with a few bucks in it.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Then it doesn't matter to us European fans, Microsoft should do this everywhere.
What makes you think they arnt? Why should US gamers have to wait until deals are made worldwide? US is the most important market so it does make sense it gets priority.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Not a big fan of these rent to own plans but it does open the door for more people to own something expensive but if they lose their job or something bad happens then your credit is fucked

I guess they get to keep the Xbox even if they don't make a payment like cell phones

It's not really rent to own in the sense of Rent A Center or something like that. You're getting a credit line from Dell to pay Microsoft in full for the device and services, so you technically own it from the beginning. You can always pay off the remaining amount as well. The biggest draw of this is the 0% APR for people who can't swallow >$500 leaving their account at once.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Damn.. This is very interesting.

If Microsoft manages to start the next generation with a service like this, I can see a lot of people jumping into Xbox.

Jan 18, 2018
Interesting concept.

It looks rather limited with all the sign up requirements, but could serve the grow the overall gaming market if its expanded out to everybody

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good deal. Where would you get this at tho? MS store? Clostest MS store to me is two hours away. They gotta figure out a way to get this in other stores for this to work.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
It's a pretty fucking good deal if you planned to get Game Pass anyway, not even accounting for interest, it is cheaper than buying all of it at once. For $35 I'd probably be tempted to sub, but of course I live in Peru so no way this is available here.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me how this is a deal if you price out the X plan for 24 months it comes out to $840 after 35$ a month.

Am I missing something?

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This is incredible. If they bring this deal into next gen there is virtually no way they don't become the dominant platform in the U.S. American buyers will be all over this. Microsoft just has to scream from the rooftops that this deal exists.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone tell me how this is a deal if you price out the X plan for 24 months it comes out to $840 after 35$ a month.

Am I missing something?

Xbox 1 X :$500
Xbox Gamepass: $60/6months x 4 = $240
Xbox Live Gold: $60/12 months x 2 = $120
500 + 240+120 = $860
You pay: 35 * 24 = $840

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone know if this particular crediting service is difficult to get approved for?

Nov 30, 2017
I guess this means they don't plan on price dropping the base model Xbox One S to $199.
If they do someone would still be in the contract.

Looking at XBOX from four years ago they just keep sweetening the pot. It genuinely surprises me there is no finance charges.

It is selling services that someone might not buy like gamepass.

Looks like they are aligning themselves up for next gen maximizing service purchases and getting rid of some XBOX s models that might not be sold.

They are looking to take America back at least.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Pretty good deal for some ppl.

I would still buy the console the traditional way, much cheaper.

But its not...

Unless you know a place where i can buy a XB1S for less than 50$ new, in which case please hook me up.

I probably wont buy a XB1 either way, but if they offer a similar deal with similar value once Scarlet launches, i will be in day one.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ventur...xbox-all-access-is-real-and-a-great-deal/amp/

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1034065558822682625?s=09

"If you don't already own an Xbox One, Microsoft is making a bold and aggressive move to get you on board with its new Xbox All Access financing plan. The publisher confirmed the All Access program in a blog post today. For 24 monthly payments, Microsoft will give you an Xbox One X or Xbox One S along with Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass for less than you would pay if you purchase and subscribed all of those products separately."
""For no upfront cost and one low monthly price for 24 months, Xbox All Access gets you a new Xbox One S or Xbox One X, access to more than 100 great games through Xbox Game Pass, and online multiplayer with Xbox Live Gold," Xbox product marketing boss Bogdan Bilan said. "That's more than 100 all-you-can-play games — including highly-anticipated new Xbox One exclusives the day they're released, plus more games added all the time on the fastest, most reliable gaming network and an Xbox One console."
"The Xbox One S plan starts at $22 per month, and the Xbox One X plan starts at $35. This is not a leasing program.

But unlike those phone plans, Xbox All Access is actually less expensive than purchasing an Xbox One outright and then subscribing to Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass for two years."

Reminds me of this.

UYV2oF9.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But that's not the case here (and spare me the "you can get it all cheaper if you look around enough" line, no one compares value like that on any product). I'd go so far to say that if one was going to buy this stuff anyway, they'd be an idiot to not do this. Just take the ~$800 it'd cost upfront and put it into a bank account that the payment plan draws from. It'll finish with a few bucks in it.

Well sure, it's not the case if you pretend all the other cheaper methods don't exist. Then yeah it's an amazing deal.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
This is all tied to your Microsoft account, right? I already pay for GamePass, but I'm on PC. So I'm guessing this $35 a month would still allow me to use GamePass on PC? I'd just be paying $25 more a month for two years for a One X, which I've been tempted to pick up for a while.

Jan 31, 2018
This is fucking genius. Wish I wouldn't have bought my Xbox One X until now lol. Financing a $499 purchase through this program over two years would have been the way to go. Total game changer for me.

When Xbox does bring out next-gen, this will change how I buy my next console from them in a good way. If I can finance a high-end console over two years, I am far more likely to adopt at a premium level, and far earlier than usual. Fucking genius, MS. Big time props.

talkTOmyHAND

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
I don't think anyone is arguing that you couldn't find this stuff cheaper individually.

Then people should calculate how is it now, not repeat over and over it's 60$ for 1 year GOLD sub or Game Pass 1 Year 120$

Gold 1 month for 2$

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/x...ickid=1fXy7nzZkye917ExOyWwVVfHUkg0MPVFFU5-VE0

Game Pass 1 month also for 2$ :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass/cfq7ttc0k6l8/0001

Surely you can also find X1X for less than 499.

SK4TE

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
24 months is probably how long the Xbox One has left in this console cycle so it's worth getting before next-gen arrives.
And just like a phone contract it will be perfect timing for the next console to come out, so they get you hooked in for another 2 year plan. Then 2 years after that they may have a Xbox Two X.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Would try it, but I am not going 200 miles to the nearest MS store to do it

StrayDog

Avenger
Jul 14, 2018
I am old school... I can't see myself chained to a 2 year contract in a game console... nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.