• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
24 months is probably how long the Xbox One has left in this console cycle so it's worth getting before next-gen arrives.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Also, this is a two year period to pay off? That's right when next gen starts. Very interesting. I wonder if that plays into why this is a limited time offer.

Nostradamus

Oct 28, 2017
It's a good deal assuming the S and X don't get permanent discounts in the next 2 years. Unless it is really a limited time offer in which case it only applies on the prices as they are now.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Neat for people who were already on the edge to buying this, but it's so late in the gen, in two years you'd finish off paying this when next-gen has already started, which makes this seem really bad at that point.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Is this another of those "North America" only kinda deals? This would be fire WW. Sony themselves did something similar with European retailers in 2014 (no Ps+ or Games Pass in that deal though).

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Already got a One X, but I'd definitely strongly consider this under different circumstances...

Who am I kidding... I'd impulse buy this before lunchtime. This might go a long way toward tipping me over the edge in getting whatever their next-gen hardware turns out to be at release.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're great deals considering you can keep the console after the 2 year period, I wonder how much it'll cost in Europe (if it arrives here).

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Wait, so you own the console after the two years? Seems like an incredible deal since at the end of the gen you can just sell your console to set up to pay for All Access for the next gen if you jump in now.

Martl

Oct 30, 2017
Austria
Damn, while reading the thread title i thought that All Access is the cominend Game Pass + Gold membership.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
At $22 a month for the Xbox One S, for 24 months, that's a total of $528.
If you take out the the 2 years of Gold and Game Pass, the cheapest you can currently get it (from Microsoft) is $60/year for Gold ($120 over 2 years) and $10/month for Game Pass ($240 over 2 years), so that comes out to $360.
So you're getting an Xbox One S for $168, almost $140 cheaper than the current MSRP of $299 (again, you can find an Xbox One S cheaper, but still...)

Doing the math for an Xbox One X, At $35 a month, for 24 months, that's a total of $840.
$840 - $360 = $480

You save $20.

Edit: My math was wrong. Corrected.

Last edited:

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
Wow. But I already have a One X, why dont they make an Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass offer together so I don't have to pay for two separate subscriptions in one platform

wig

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds great. I might finally get an X now, just in time for Red Dead Redemption 2 and AC Odyssey.

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if they did this for PS5 I'd be down to update consoles the same way we do with phones(assuming compatibility as well).

Oct 26, 2017
But unlike those phone plans, Xbox All Access is actually less expensive than purchasing an Xbox One outright and then subscribing to Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass for two years.

Is it really though?

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Microsoft are doing all the right decisions lately. In the span of a year I've gone from written them off to not entirely rule out getting Xbox platforms in the future.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Where do I sign up and how?

Also, I wonder if this will be better than, let's say, get good black Friday deals on the S and gold and pass

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
I don't need a new console right now, but a plan like this might be very convincing to me come next gen...

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
It's weird they keep doing this towards the end of their console's lives. I feel like the XB1 would have been more competitive at launch if it had come with a finance option like this.

Daebo

Oct 26, 2017
Cincinnati
I just wonder, if this is the trojan horse to get Scarlett that jump, because the thought of getting a program like this, sort next gen, but then saving 400 dollars from initially go live date, that's like 4 games or extra controllers to start with... will they have the initial supply of Scarlet?

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Absolutely incredible. This needs to come to the UK in time for next gen. Microsoft are just unstoppable on the service front.

Oct 27, 2017
This is a good move mainly for anyone who doesn't have an Xbox One. I personally couldn't see myself switching ecosystems this late into the generation.

Hopefully this also means that the next Xbox (and, fingers crossed, PlayStation) will be backwards compatible with this gen.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
So what happens when the 24 months is up? You just have to re-up the live services?

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
I just wonder, if this is the trojan horse to get Scarlett that jump, because the thought of getting a program like this, sort next gen, but then saving 400 dollars from initially go live date, that's like 4 games or extra controllers to start with... will they have the initial supply of Scarlet?
I'd like to believe they'll do it at launch with their next thing but they didn't when they made the 360 -> XB1 jump.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
But unlike those phone plans, Xbox All Access is actually less expensive than purchasing an Xbox One outright and then subscribing to Xbox Live Gold and Game Pass for two years.

Is it really though?

Considering base price for the console and the subscriptions, it is. Of course you could wait and find deals for gold/gamepass in two years that would end up making it cheaper, but i dont think this is aimed towards people who keep searching for deals and more for people who just want a cheap monthly payment to have everything with less effort

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to believe they'll do it at launch with their next thing but they didn't when they made the 360 -> XB1 jump.

MS and Xbox had different leadership during that time. I'm not sure we can use what they did for 360->XBO as an example of why they won't do it for Scarlett. Times are completely different now.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
MS and Xbox had different leadership during that time. I'm not sure we can use what they did for 360->XBO as an example of why they won't do it for Scarlett. Times are completely different now.
Yeah, true. I just mean they did this same deal at the end of the 360's life (without Game Pass obv because it didn't exist yet.) I'm sure if they financially could have justified it they would have done it at launch for the XB1 too.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
It's good that it ends up being cheaper and it's a fine idea, but it's not something I'd personally ever do to be honest. The thing is, by the time you've paid it all off, the Xbox One will probably cost less anyway. And I get that you're getting the console right away so you can start playing and stuff but... I think I'd just rather buy it outright. That's just me personally, though -- others may prefer a plan like this.

Will be interesting to see what adoption is like.

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
That looks a bit weird for X.

While the X "looks" cheaper than the actual MSRP the X "looks" more expensive than MSRP.

Unless MS used the $199 base price for S (a common price in the last months) and $499 for X that makes both a bit more expensive than if you buy the hardware and all the services one by one.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure some people wont like it. Because its getting harder and harder to figure out how many Xbox One's have been sold haha.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, true. I just mean they did this same deal at the end of the 360's life (without Game Pass obv because it didn't exist yet.) I'm sure if they financially could have justified it they would have done it at launch for the XB1 too.

They made so many bad decisions at XB1 launch though and not keeping the deal with 360 could have been another one of those decisions. We have no idea what their long term thinking of All Access is right now. I have a feeling it's all dependent on how successful these next two years are.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! Definitely worth it for folks who don't have an Xbox yet. If you can't afford the money up front, there's really no better option that I can think of.

I really hope they stick with this for the next Xbox. Not having to shell out $400-$500 on day one would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.