• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Was just going through some Old files on my PC (I somehow have some old shit stored).. and I found 4 pages from an old Xbox 360: The Official Xbox Magazine. It was from issue 4 in 2006. I can´t seem to find a copy of it, but I found a old Wiki that specializes in these kind of magazines. And that tells me that the pages I found are from a 6 page spread called "Xbox 360 Destroys..." - 6 pages (58-63)
Xbox 360 is your new everything! There is no need for a PC, MP3 players have been assimilated, and soon Xbox 360 will replace your Sky TV box too!

I just thought I would share these pages here.. because .. lol they are really fun to look at now almost 14 years later.. and it is a fun article/advert or whatever it was back then.
the first two pages are unfortunately missing.. but here they are..

QqUhYVB.jpg

wzqY7KI.jpg

lBwf3wM.jpg

YoHPgLQ.jpg

I wonder if any of these predictions came true? ;o)

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
It's a good job RROD existed otherwise there'd be nothing left

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
The write up for the Gamecube isn't even funny(much like the rest of it) and is just straight up offensive.

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
"We don't call a Television a Television anymore, we call it an Xbox 360 screen"

I'm gonna miss stupid shit like this in game mags lmao

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Wow, that was cringe to the extreme. Sounds like it was written by those hardcore Xbox fanboys on YouTube making videos for clicks.

Hazzaku

Oct 25, 2017
The Official Playstation and Xbox magazines of the early 2000s are so difficult to read nowadays without laughing.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
Can show this to those in the Business Insider thread that claimed there were no media articles proclaiming MS the winner before Gen 7 started lol.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Holy shit @that iPod segment:

"Enjoy it while it lasts Apple. Xbox 360 is bigger, whiter and cooler than your metrosexual little music box....."

Wow...

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So much cringe... But I think at the same time very representative of the Xbox "Xtreeeeeme Bro!" culture heralded by Balmer.

499835.jpg

Not a fan of Spencer, but thank god we're past that.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
Surprisingly accurate on some things.

I mean, who could have thought the Gamecube was dead in 2005 ? /s

Everyone.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Being paid to write troll articles in gaming magazines must have been the greatest job in the world.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DEAD ALREADY
Five Things the Xbox 360 Has Already Crushed

- MUSICIANS

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
This was every UK single-format gaming magazine up until pretty recently.

aye, they were awful. I remember a short piece on Final Fantasy 6 releasing on PS1, calling it an inferior game to 7 because Terra is a woman. It was a long time ago though and I can't remember the magazine.

There's some surprising ones from the SEGA Mega Drive era too.

h2AF1xVOHGX-iV9Z5THuYXNvOdkRezE91w8DNmpykKg.jpg