• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
But it works like that this gen too.
With PS Now you can stream cloud games, download PS4 (and PS2) games and do not need PS+ to play online.
Thank you for that PSNow plug in this topic.

The most important thing about this announcement to me is that Halo Infinite is still on pace for 2020.
It has to launch no matter what with Series X. They will put all their resources behind it if they have to. I know Phil said he will not rush games or compromise release dates but Halo Infinite will have to be there.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Well, July will finally prove whether Spencer was all talk or serious about XGS' commitment to delivering games. Exciting!

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
Definitely disappointed in them waiting til July for a first party event. That just seems too long IMO. I think the perfect cadence would have been the following.

May - Third party event with a big first party game reveal finale.
June - "E3 event" with some third party and a lot of first party reveals.
July/August - Lockhart reveal with price and release date for all consoles, pre orders begin, as well as some other game info.

It has to launch no matter what with Series X. They will put all their resources behind it if they have to. I know Phil said he will not rush games or compromise release dates but Halo Infinite will have to be there.
I could also see them possibly just releasing the campaign, and saying at launch there will be a beta for multiplayer, with the full experience launching a month or two later in full.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Maybe the June event will be where they announce things like the price and release date

Hopefully the price doesn't take away from the events.

What this have to do with Xbox?
He wanted to show us all how interested he is.

I could also see them possibly just releasing the campaign, and saying at launch there will be a beta for multiplayer, with the full experience launching a month or two later in full.

I'm not sure what is harder to do working from home, getting the kinks out for MP or the campaign.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
I'm not sure what is harder to do working from home, getting the kinks out for MP or the campaign.
Yeah, I've wondered that too, but I can't imagine them releasing a Halo game without the campaign there day one. So if they had to delay something I think it would be the multi.

Also, looking at today's announcement again, they don't promise Halo will be there on the console launch day. So maybe the console comes out in October, and then Halo hits in November or December.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Clear communication and a time table on what to expect and when. They're on a roll with the next-gen hype.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Yeah, I've wondered that too, but I can't imagine them releasing a Halo game without the campaign there day one. So if they had to delay something I think it would be the multi.

Also, looking at today's announcement again, they don't promise Halo will be there on the console launch day. So maybe the console comes out in October, and then Halo hits in November or December.
It would be a bold move to release Series X in September and have Halo Infinite ready.

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
news.xbox.com

Xbox 20/20: Join Us as We Look into the Future of Xbox - Xbox Wire

[Editor’s Note on 8/7/2020 – Xbox has a massive year ahead of us, as outlined below. After reassessing our programming for the rest of the year, we’ve decided to stop using the “Xbox 20/20” phrasing as it implied that we would be releasing information in one way only, through a dedicated monthly...

It looks like this will be first Inside Xbox run by Jarret West (former Netflix marketing exec, was at Xbox from 2003-2011).

Hope that they changed the format.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like this will be first Inside Xbox run by Jarret West (former Netflix marketing exec, was at Xbox from 2003-2011).

Hope that they changed the format.

It'll be done from home so I don't expect too many changes.

I do expect extended looks at games like AC Valhalla though which will be like 5-10 minute dev video

Klaw

Nov 16, 2017
France
Can't wait to finally see some games.
Juky seems far away, but hey, that's still better than nothing, and at least we have a timeframe now. Was still hoping june though !

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling thursday will be very underwhelming, just some low-mid budget third party games (aside AC) running in enhanced modes akin to Xbox one to One X.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yes! Please tell me they're getting Hugh Downs and Barbara Walters to host the event.

Kibbles

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand revealing Lockhart without revealing first party games with it and how they differentiate on each Xbox platform.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would find it weird they would announce a price before first party reveal. But he. MS keeps surprising us all the time. So it might be possible.
This is where im at, after the first party showing, gamers brains will be flooded with dopamine, MS will capitalise on that, and show how to get your hands on a shiny new Xbox SX.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should get Mega64 to do one of these

I hear they do great live-streams for companies

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I feel like next month will be price, OS details, indies, this kind of thing.

KrAzEd

Oct 27, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I still think we see halo before July. Maybe just a teaser this week or in June, but I can't imagine they make us wait until July to see anything seeing as it's THE game for them at launch. Maybe it's just wishful thinking though :/. Love the communication and can't wait for Thursday