• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
XNdJwyc.jpg

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
While it may not come as a shock, X018 didn't have much gameplay or trailers and was mainly additions to Game Pass, things like custom consoles/controllers as well as interviews.

Crackdown 3 is the only game I remember getting a gameplay demo and that demo was only 5 min at the beginning of the show. It seems like things will be a bit better in terms of showing games this year.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Another Halo Infinite story trailer would be insane. Just seeing more of the universe would be awesome. It doesn't need to be gameplay.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Microsoft always stresses how much their show will feature games and in the end they're just showing trailers and very little gameplay.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Age of Empires 3:DE gimmie

Halo MCC on PC release that day gimmie gimmie

New Ninja Theory game gimmie gimmie

Age of mothafuckin Empires IV GIVE ME SOMETHING PLEASE I SWEAR TO ALL THE GODS ON MT. OLYMPUS

OP
OP
Rychu

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
I doubt it. They'll save those for during and after the full Scarlett reveal. Maybe new stuff from third parties, indies or smaller passion projects though.
Now that they have officially revealed Scarlett though (I know it's not fully revealed but they've said it exists and had a teaser for it at E3) as well as announced that Scarlett will launch with Halo Infinite, they technically could announce one Fall 2020 game with a teaser it's not impossible.

I think we will see a single player Ninja Theory game set for launch in Fall 2020 or early 2021 and that's it. Just a prediction though.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
That's a good direction, but I still expect a "new" controller to drop and be promoted.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it's something more substantial than cinematic trailers for their 1st party stuff and gameplay demos of already announced 3rd party games. "Games, games, games" doesn't really mean anything to me if it's just a recap of things we already have seen before.

Don't get me wrong: I'm still excited for Ori, Cyberpunk and so forth. I'm just looking for reasons to tune into X019.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
That's a good direction, but I still expect a "new" controller to drop and be promoted.
Elite 2 just came out. Unless they are creating a newer version of the adaptive controller which is the one aimed to those with disabilities I doubt you will see a new controller

(unless you are talking like a new batch in like the sport colour variants)

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that's likely to come here is a PC Game Pass price increase to the regular $10 per month. The terms and conditions for the AMD 3 month deal says that the value of their promo will be different "on or after November 2019". It does leave the possibility of the GP price increasing later, but this month is the first time they are able to do so according to the AMD's T&Cs.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
That's the one. Last batch from Inside Xbox was sport blue and Breakpoint camo, I think. I fully expect at least 2 minutes talk of a new color scheme on a controller.
completely possible, xbox has been imo pretty good about giving out a ton of variety.

Personally I love the Sports Red but I already have so many Xbox One controllers so I cant justify getting one :/
Probably end up retiring my Sea of Thieves controller (my main controller for PC) with whatever special ones come out for Scarlett.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
correct me if I'm wrong but they always say that for every single event. And other than their E3 2018, I can't remember a time when they lived up to the promises

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
any chance a brand new game from XGS will be announced? or would that be saved for the scarlet reveal conference?

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God I hope we get more Halo Infinite, even if it's another super short tease. I am starving for Halo. Four friggin' years since a mainline game.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Microsoft went full circle..

From "Developers Developers Developers" to "TV TV TV" to "Games Games Games"

I'm expecting "Cloud Cloud Cloud" and "Live Services Live Services Live Services" in the next 5 years.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
correct me if I'm wrong but they always say that for every single event. And other than their E3 2018, I can't remember a time when they lived up to the promises

their E3s have been all about games for some time now. 2018 was a superb show and their best in years but being padded back to back with games wasn't what made it stand out.

I don't remember what they said about x018 but I don't recall them hyping it up as "games games games"

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
My dream line-up would be:
-Age of Empires 4 gameplay reveal
-any glimpse at Halo Infinite
-"Halo Reach available right now"
-Pillars of Eternity 3 announcement
-some exciting 3rd party game pass additions

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
My prediction:
- Age of Empires 4 historical setting reveal
- Gears 5 content update
- Sea of Thieves content update
- Minecraft: Dungeons trailer
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps trailer
- Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition launch trailer
- Wasteland 3 trailer
- Gears Tactics gameplay trailer
- Halo Infinite gameplay
- Bleeding Edge new character reveal + release date

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
My prediction:
- Age of Empires 4 historical setting reveal
- Gears 5 content update
- Sea of Thieves content update
- Minecraft: Dungeons trailer
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps trailer
- Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition launch trailer
- Wasteland 3 trailer
- Gears Tactics gameplay trailer
- Halo Infinite gameplay
- Bleeding Edge new character reveal + release date

Beside Halo and AOE, That would be one disappointment show.

PJsprojects

Oct 30, 2017
England
I want to believe but tbh we have all heard it a hundred times before.
Expecting some cgi style trailers
New content for old games
Some controllers
Maybe a hint at Xbox Two

All the new studios have not had time to produce a game yet let alone a good game.
As a gaming fan please prove me wrong Xbox.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
If I have learnt one thing this generation, it's unfortunately that if Greenberg is hyping an event, there is a high chance I will be disappointed. I hate to say it, but unless there are a number of unannounced games they will be showing, nothing in the current batch of known first party releases really excite me except for Halo, Ori and maybe Bleeding Edge. Really hope they at least tease some further out games like Fable and the Initiative's project.