• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Dyashen

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
the ride never ends

KQTWbK0.gif

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Eh that would be a weird thing for gamepass as it requires a sub to play

Yeah that's what I thought. Plus it has regular paid for expansions on top. I guess an extended "trial" version on GP might work. It's a great game which really works well on a gamepad, so would be nice to see it coming to XBox in some form. Crossplay with PC and PS4.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
So X019 is supposed to be going on for like 3 days right?

Will all the news and announcements be today? Or will they be spread out through the next few days?

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Yeah that's what I thought. Plus it has regular paid for expansions on top. I guess an extended "trial" version on GP might work. It's a great game which really works well on a gamepad, so would be nice to see it coming to XBox in some form. Crossplay with PC and PS4.
Note that Elder Scrolls Online is on Game Pass. I guess the base game FF14 could be included but you still have to pay the monthly fee.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
They can't just be there to show off a 9 year old game. 💤 I need Halo in my veins
TGAs 2019

They want to test Infinite before launch and with enough time to make big changes if needed, E3 is too far away from that and more eyes will be on TGAs. H5's beta was in December the year before launch, Infinite will probably continue that trend.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Halo Reach PC release is December 3rd, on my phone but PCGamer just posted an article about it and it's on the Microsoft store dated.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 7. New protagonist makes a perfect start for the series on Xbox. The more people playing the franchise the better.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TGAs 2019

They want to test Infinite before launch and with enough time to make big changes if needed, E3 is too far away from that and more eyes will be on TGAs. H5's beta was in December the year before launch, Infinite will probably continue that trend.

Has Microsoft announced anything of note at recent TGA's? I feel like those are always devoid of anything Xbox.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Big day for XBox fans, just a few more hours and we party.

Luke_wal

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'd love for Remedy and Dontnod to both join XGS. Now that Remedy is on their new thing of "multiple teams, iterating faster to make more games," I feel like they'd do really well with somebody bankrolling them and giving them the freedom to make fun, weird stuff that we be a perfect match for Game Pass. Imagine a Control 2 with a bigger technical support staff than 505 Games could afford! The same feels true of Dontnod - they like to make varied, weird, smaller, AA games that would be a great fit.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't be excited for Halo Infinite after what Liam said.

What?

Man, I'd love for Remedy and Dontnod to both join XGS. Now that Remedy is on their new thing of "multiple teams, iterating faster to make more games," I feel like they'd do really well with somebody bankrolling them and giving them the freedom to make fun, weird stuff that we be a perfect match for Game Pass. Imagine a Control 2 with a bigger technical support staff than 505 Games could afford! The same feels true of Dontnod - they like to make varied, weird, smaller, AA games that would be a great fit.

These are good picks. Let them be creative and tell the stories they want to tell - without having to worry too much about shopping around to publishers or staying afloat. This is assuming Microsoft won't go PAPA EA on them after a few years.

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017
Where is this Yakuza stuff coming from in this thread? Would be fucking great to have this series on Xbox!

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
i wish the standard was to just have GP announcement in general, meaning if they say a game is coming to GP, the expectation is that it comes to both Xbox and PC

no need to wonder

m23

Oct 25, 2017
i wish the standard was to just have GP announcement in general, meaning if they say a game is coming to GP, the expectation is that it comes to both Xbox and PC

no need to wonder

That's not really up to MS though is it, up to the publishers of those games. Unless of course it is a first party game.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
What if they announce a CHANGE with Xbox live?! like those f2p games dont require you to have xbox live GOLD anymore. Now that would be an announcement everyone could cheer on.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Rare and Obsidian are two of my favourite developers, so hearing we're getting a new IP from each of them is pretty exciting.

As for Japanese games coming to Xbox/GamePass, my first thought was Tetris Effect.