• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Less than 9 hours. I'm here for the new games. I hope Microsoft can convince me back into their ecosystem for next gen (I know that's not a focus of this). It's to see what new their first party studios are bringing like Obsidian

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
I hate that the mixpots gotten progressively worse. I still remember when they gave away Outer Wilds during one E3...

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is in a Direct video fashion or actual small scale conference.
I mean I love these reveals but just cannot stand devs eating my ear off with "innovation" and "We here at blah blah".

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
My hope has always been that studios like Obsidian and InXile continue to work at least in part on smaller, weirder things, even if some part of the studio is working on more traditional bigger games. So I'm glad to hear that for now at least that's what we should be expecting. Should be neat.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
I know people sometimes complain about Phil talking too much, but two things:

1. He talks a hell of a lot less now, because he's appointed others to do it more e.g. Matt Booty
2. He generally talks in quite measured terms when he does talk, so the fact he's so excited he's using words like "psyched" is actually very cool and encouraging. I feel like early in his tenure he was fire-fighting, then having to reassure people, then he's slowly become more confident. Now he seems much more sure of himself and his team/service. That's very exciting.

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
It depends what you like of course but since this is a freebie noone can complain about it.
C'mon, the MixPots started as an enticement to use the just rebranded Beam during E3 2017, and continue to be a reason why some viewers bother to open Xbox shows in Mixer rather than the other more established streaming options. It's not "free" or a gift from MS, it's a perk in exchange for your engagement on their platform. We can criticize the offerings without being entitled.

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
I hope that Rare's and Obsidian's new IP will be crazy and weird. MS needs to maximise weirdness with them. When I think about it that's the essence of all new studios.

Sep 29, 2019
Quick question regarding studio acquisitions, I kept seeing before people putting 20by2020, was this fan made or did Microsoft state somewhere they want 20 studios themselves? Sorry, I'm pretty new to this forum and have noticed it but never knew the source.

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
Compulsion Games will contribute to that too I think.

I have never played their games. I used to be big fan of Irrational Games/Arkane Studios. I have this itch for "Irrational" genre of games.

At first sight they seem to fit to that box. Besides irrational/compulsive name is there any gameplay/atmosphere correlation with Irrational Studios games? Do they share any employees or have any history with Irrational or Arkane?*

Add to the list Double Fine and inXile. I can't wait for their inputs!

*edited: I see that Guillaume Provost is the founder (worked with Arkane!, that's great news, it is obvious from the looks of the game haha)

Sep 29, 2019
I believe it is just fan wishing, if anyone at Xbox said that it was probably just joking.

thank you! I thought that might be the case. I couldn't see anything official from a google search, just hashtags on here, Twitter...etc If it was true, I guess the only way to reach that number now is by acquiring zenimax! Which is wishful thinking.

thanks again and enjoy the show 🍻

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
I have never played their games. I used to be big fan of Irrational Games/Arkane Studios. I have this itch for "Irrational" genre of games.

At first sight they seem to fit to that box. Besides irrational/compulsive name is there any gameplay/atmosphere correlation with Irrational Studios games? Do they share any employees or have any history with Irrational or Arkane?

Add to the list Double Fine and inXile. I can't wait for their inputs!

No idea about sharing employees but it is possible of course.

How could I forget about Double Fine. I hope we will see a Brütal Legend 2 or somthing in that vein in the future.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
OK so what's the game on the screens at the bottom left? Too small to see properly from that photo. edit, zoomed in and it looks like Viva Pinata? IDK.

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot it looks like, unless you mean the ones further left then yea its small for me to see either (possibly AOE4).