• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Interesting. I wonder if I'll be able to actually hang with their sense of humor and pace anymore. I'm doubting it but I'm open to trying it.

HelloItsPulse

Dec 14, 2017
There's like 3 different versions of X-Play, so I wonder which they go back to. Hopefully more sketches and humor like older episodes, and not the lackluster gaming news show it had turned into in it's last few years.

Attack of the Show is awesome, but I don't think it works without Kevin Pereira, so hopefully he's on board to host.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I was a huge fan of X-Play, but I don't know if I like Adam anymore after he dug his heels in and refused to apologize over his transphobic comment.
6gpy3et22al41.png

Anyone who pushed him to say sorry, no matter how politely, got blocked. I was following him on twitter for a couple years, and he just got more and more aggressive towards everyone. Seems like a super toxic dude.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I really hope this works out for them. I'll be watching.

Also, I'm taking this time to link to a clip from Attack of the Show in the final days of the series after it was known they were being fired, no one at the network was watching and no one gave a shit.

When this first aired, I didn't remember ever laughing so hard. It's so silly.

(Audio is a bit off. The original video on the G4 channel was made private when the "return of G4" announcement happened. I assume they'll relaunch the YouTube when G4 relaunches.)

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like people remember the good parts but always forget about those 10 minute ad segments on Attack Of The Show were the tried to sell you like a $9,000 stereo.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
So is it just a YouTube channel or will this be on cable like the old days?

I feel like since they just announced two shows, it has to either be a YT channel or part of a streaming service. Unless they are planning to announce more shows up until their launch, but no way could any kind of cable show be able to even attempt to come back on two niche video gaming shows

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
I was a huge fan of X-Play, but I don't know if I like Adam anymore after he dug his heels in and refused to apologize over his transphobic comment.
6gpy3et22al41.png

Anyone who pushed him to say sorry, no matter how politely, got blocked. I was following him on twitter for a couple years, and he just got more and more aggressive towards everyone. Seems like a super toxic dude.
Yeah, this is also preventing me watching. A shame since I grew up on X-Play and still have fond memories of the show.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
Adam Sessler mental healt doesn't seem that good, not sure that return is good news for real...

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Yeah, this is also preventing me watching. A shame since I grew up on X-Play and still have fond memories of the show.
It's weird that Adam's bullshit isn't well known on here by now. Every time we have a thread about him or X-Play, someone brings it up eventually which leads to a number of replies that are like "I had no idea!" so I get the sense a lot of people are just ignoring it at this point. It's obviously up to the individual to decide how they'll interact with entertainment, so I can't make decisions for others, though. Wish I could ignore it. I watched X-Play five days a week as a kid. I was such a huge fan. I loved Adam. I was crestfallen when I some him being such an ass.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
good to know my marathon of old archived G4, ZDTV, and TechTV Videos I've been watching lately will catch me up in time for these next seasons.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
good to know my marathon of old archived G4, ZDTV, and TechTV Videos I've been watching lately will catch me up in time for these next seasons.
I searched for years for a way to watch the old X-Play review of RPG Maker 3 (with Bob Muffin!), but I could never find it. Wish I were able to see it again. The skit was very funny to me.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I searched for years for a way to watch the old X-Play review of RPG Maker 3 (with Bob Muffin!), but I could never find it. Wish I were able to see it again. The skit was very funny to me.
You mean this?

Edit: I think this was the demo they played but not the review in question. But this is from the same episode:

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
You mean this?

Edit: I think this was the demo they played but not the review in question. But this is from the same episode:

Nah. It was an actual X-Play review of RPG Maker 3. The RPG they made was about an old man named Bob Muffin, and Dennis DeYoung was involved somehow. Anyway, the story they made for their RPG cracked me up.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Nah. It was an actual X-Play review of RPG Maker 3. The RPG they made was about an old man named Bob Muffin, and Dennis DeYoung was involved somehow. Anyway, the story they made for their RPG cracked me up.
Gotcha! I originally linked the wrong video and meant for it to be the DQ8 one; I know that there are rips of the episode around but only in clips.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Keep it dead or at the very least keep Adam Sessler way the hell away from all of it.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
It appears another video is going live on the channel soon, too. It looks like this is also teasing their third new personality for the network, someone who appears to be a youtube personality. This makes Austin Creed/Xavier Woods, Jirard Khalil/The Completionist, and now this Gus guy.

This Channel has been uploading episodes daily. The episode in question you are looking for is 17 away from today's upload, so it might show up in 2 weeks!

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020
6gpy3et22al41.png

Yeah, it's really tough to rectify the lovable Adam from TV so many of us grew up watching and the Adam on Twitter who is just horrible.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Yeah, it's really tough to rectify the lovable Adam from TV so many of us grew up watching and the Adam on Twitter who is just horrible.
It would be really hard for me to watch new stuff with Adam without thinking about it. Maybe I'll just check out Attack of the Show, even though I watched that much less. It had some great sketches.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Welp, let's hope Sessler got his shit together. Between covid, his wife's illness, the republican climate of 2020 and being mired in twitter, he really got himself into a negative headspace that's pretty well documented at this point. I'm surprised they even asked him back. It's almost like asking Leo Laporte to come back.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
It appears another video is going live on the channel soon, too. It looks like this is also teasing their third new personality for the network, someone who appears to be a youtube personality. This makes Austin Creed/Xavier Woods, Jirard Khalil/The Completionist, and now this Gus guy.

Gus Johnson is a fantastic short sketch comedian.

https://www.youtube.com/c/gustoonz/featured

Of course, I don't know how he'll do on a show like this, but I'd view it as a net positive.

Still though... No Sessler or it's all for naught.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
I'm going to assume, just like with Lucas and Tallarico for Electric Playground, that they will slowly ease the viewers into accepting new staff for X-play reviews because I don't see Morgan and Adam sailing that show's ship by themselves like they used to.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Gus Johnson is a fantastic short sketch comedian.

https://www.youtube.com/c/gustoonz/featured

Of course, I don't know how he'll do on a show like this, but I'd view it as a net positive.

Still though... No Sessler or it's all for naught.
Thanks for the info! I'd never heard of Gus before but it's good to know his background.

Sessler will defintiely be back in some capacity given his participation in this video with Jirard, which just aired on the channel:

That being said, balancing him against other content creators has always made his shtick seem less hostile; I expect this is the plan going forward, outside of reviving interstitial/quicknews style Sessler's Soapbox stuff. As of right now though, it's not really clear what his full capacity will look like, or if he will be headlining X-Play again.

Given that Morgan has only shown up in the Holiday Special, I'm very curious what her role will be especially due to her current work being more behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Has Sessler made amends for being a transphobic douchebag?
And also why are they geoblocking this video?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they plan to get new folks and not try to wheel out grampa Sessler and Morgan Webb in 2021. A full reboot would be smarter

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really looking forward to see how this turns out! Adam is great and I hope Kevin and/or Munn come back for AOTS