• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Star Fox 64 3D is actually the best Star Wars game.

Let's face it: Star Fox is Star Wars with furries, and I mean that in the best possible way. I don't even particularly like Star Wars as a franchise, but I love Star Fox's interpretation of very similar elements with regard to space battles and aerial dogfights. Star Fox feels like a more distilled, charming version of the best moments of Star Wars to me, which is why the best game in the series (SF64 3D) is the de facto best Star Wars game to me.

What are some other examples?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Tetris Effect is actually the best sex based game.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okami is the best 3D Zelda

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is Persona 5 but good

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry but Star Fox doesn't hold a candle to any of the X-Wing or TIE fighter games.

Rock Band is the best Guitar Hero, though.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Rayman Legends is the best 2D Nintendo platformer

(it doesn't feel like any specific Nintendo game series, but it feels like something they'd publish, especially during the Wii U era when they were churning out 2D platformers left and right)

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Immortals Fenix Rising is actually the best Breath of the Wild game

*runs*

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Rogue Squadron games beat Star Fox any day!

Hollow Knight is the best Metroid tho.

FirLocke

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Hollow Knight is the best crash bandicoot game
Splatoon is the best sniper elite game
Kingdom hearts is the best smash bros
Dragons dogma is the best monster hunter
Crysis is the best......far cry?

yes the above were all jokes but sleeping dogs is the best gta

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Katamari Damacy is the silliest Pac-Man game.
Monaco: What's Your Is Mine is the best multiplayer Pac-Man.
Half-Minute Hero is the best Pac-Man RPG.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Crysis is the best Predator game.

Crysis 1 and Warhead are like playing the first movie from the perspective of the Predator: you have the jungle setting, superhuman abilities, cloaking, and laughably weaker human opposition to toy around with. In fairness, Predator hasn't had a ton of games; Alien vs. Predator on CPS2 is probably my favorite.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019

Let's face it: Star Fox is Star Wars with furries, and I mean that in the best possible way. I don't even particularly like Star Wars as a franchise, but I love Star Fox's interpretation of very similar elements with regard to space battles and aerial dogfights. Star Fox feels like a more distilled, charming version of the best moments of Star Wars to me, which is why the best game in the series (SF64 3D) is the de facto best Star Wars game to me.

Coumterpoint: the Star Wars Rogue Squadron trilogy are the best Star Fox games.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017

This is kinda ridiculous statement tbh. But to each their own.

Darksiders is the best classic Zelda game.