• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I know we're bout a decade removed from the Muhammad Hassan and Daivari travesty but c'mon with this bloody shite

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
There was never a point where I really kept up with WWE, but am I wrong for feeling like this is a pretty Vince McMahon thing?

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ali seems like a pretty good guy, though the parallels are there I don't think that's what they are going for.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Pretty stoked on this. Ali is so damn talented and this is a pretty big spot for him to show what he can do. I have his signature up in my office

Stuntman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Leader of a group with fantastic names such as Slapjack, T-Bar, and Mace.
Kfgk3yd.gif

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
There are numerous things wrong with this.

The fucking right wing Antifa caricature, Ali being the leader, the fact that they're ganging up on a black (heel!) stable, but the thing that legitimately upsets me the most is that fucking camerawork. That was borderline unwatchable.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like they pivoted Retribution away from being ANTIFA to some weird mix of Party City Mad Max rejects. Its tough to reconcile the concern with the fact that at least they are giving a talented middle eastern wrestler a chance to shine (though its the WWE, their creative team is absolute trash, so its really more of a chance to turn chicken shit into chicken salad)

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Are you joking or are those their actual names?

They are their actual names I think, but it's weird because they were wrestling under other names on their NXT brand (which is like the development brand before someone gets called up to work on Raw and/or Smackdown), so I think it's more like their codenames for this group or...something.

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Wait, those are real names they came up with for this stable? They think BLM protestors or Antifa give themselves these nicknames? Yeah, WWE is trash, and I don't get why people still watch it.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Camera cuts are determined by a cat that walks across the board and the people holding the cameras work drunk.

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
It feels like they pivoted Retribution away from being ANTIFA to some weird mix of Party City Mad Max rejects. Its tough to reconcile the concern with the fact that at least they are giving a talented middle eastern wrestler a chance to shine (though its the WWE, their creative team is absolute trash, so its really more of a chance to turn chicken shit into chicken salad)

I've been in and out of this(mostly out) how were they portrayed at first and what changed? I haven't really watched WWE so I've just been hearing about the "Bane themed Nexus" from a buddy of mine lol

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Ali's being pushed as a big heel (or supposedly) and the Hurt business looks like they are in for a New Day like push.....

I would say I like the ideas but...I have a feeling Retribution is gonna be just another Nexus....

So what happened to that whole hacker character????????

Wasnt Ali suppose to be that...now he's a leader of a new heel stable? What.

They got terrible names but at least people can say that Bane is in WWE now....

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Bro, what the fuck are those outfits? Black hoodie, black track pants, white sneakers? At least The Shield were like, paramilitary dudes. Looks like they threw that shit together at WalMart or some shit.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe worth noting that Mustafa Ali in real life is a former cop FWIW.

true, but he's recently been fairly outspoken about corruption in the police department. Check out this article, even if you have 0 interest in wrestling he offers some pretty nuanced perspective shaped by his own life experiences.

www.si.com

Ex-Cop Mustafa Ali Understands Need for Systemic Overhaul

Mustafa Ali’s support of Black Lives Matter was inspired by the things he witnessed first-hand in his four years as a police officer.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is like the 6th version of DX and NWO since DX and NWO outlived their usefulness.
It's not like these kind of stables can't work in the modern day or anything. One only needs only to look at Bullet Club and their various offshoots for how to properly manage an nWo-lite stable and keep them relevant for years. Problem is every stable in WWE since the WCW/ECW Alliance not led by Triple H or one of his protégés has followed the same pattern of being booked well for only a couple of months at most before getting steamrolled by the top babyfaces and being treated like a bunch of geeks for the rest of their existence.

TheLionsDen

Oct 27, 2017
QC/NYC
OT.

MVP is back in the WWE? I swear I've seen him not to long ago fighting on some random wrestling brand I've never heard.

Think the channel it was on was Bein Sport or DAZN, so it must of been after a watching a soccer match or something.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
This is a pretty hard stretch all around. Ali is of middle eastern descent, but he's hardly been pushed as that in what little pushes he's had. His Chicago/Cop background has been pushed much more. I'm not even sure of middle easterners and antifa connection IRL regardless... Anyways, big spot for him here and im glad to see him get.

Master_Funk

Oct 25, 2017
To Vince McMahon , there is no difference between Pakistan and the Middle East . It's all just one big brown patch to him and to him that equals bad guy ( I'm Pakistani by the way)

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
Wasn't Ali supposed to be the "hacker" several months ago? I guess you could draw a line from there to reach a heel turn like this.

Hayeya

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I am glad for Ali to finally taking a spot light, and i though that the reveal was fun.
Now regarding political Sheringham's and fuckery, you should be used to Vince McMahon by now i think, the guy is TRUMP personified.

Lebron

Oct 30, 2017
How is someone getting paid for this kind of camera work

Vince letting one of the grandkids run loose in there ?

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Should i be offended by this? I dont know the origins of the group as i dont follow WWE and it could very well have been an antifa analogy considering its vinces trash ass but what i saw in that clip was a goofy gang of villains in Bane masks.

And its dope they got a pakistani dude as a (major?) heel.