• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
It's one thing that the majority of the roster is locked but on top of that it's guys like john cena who is all over the menu .

'hey bro wanna play smash ?I just got it'
'yeah cool I wanna play link '
'oh I haven't unlocked him yet. But I got .. robin ?'

Also you can't play online with a guest. EVERYONE has to have online

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
6-7 matches ( especially if they're really quick) doesn't sound too bad to unlock. The fact that the wrestlers are split into 'classes' and that everyone in each class has the same basic moveset is disappointing, and from what I've read other than finishers everyone controls and animates the same so the wrestlers are basically skin swaps without their unique personalities. I was hopeful for this title but then again, it's a 2K game so fools hope I guess.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Wasn't Marvel vs Capcom 2 just like this back in the day? Yeah it's kind of annoying if you just want to play everyone right away but they have to give some incentive to those who play SP.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I like unlocking characters, but if you can pay what's the point?

And for all characters it would be 90-100 hours of grinding, pure "pride and accomplishment".

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Been playing this for a few days - I honestly don't think it's as bad as being made out in this thread. I accept that I'll need to play through things to unlock certain characters, and I've already unlocked a few of the 'legendary' ones after a relatively small amount of gameplay.

Some of the possible mtx options don't sit that well with me, and the move set thing is a bit disappointing, but it's still a kinda fun spiritual successor to all stars

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
6-7 match to unlock character didnt seem that bad. Back in the day, fighting game like tekken you had to fight more than that to unlock 1 characters. Its part of the game progression, although it would be a problem if the core gameplay is not fun enough to male you want to play it, which sounds like it is the case here.

JohnDamien

Oct 29, 2017
It is not nearly as bad as the thread suggests. After a couple of matches, level ups and daily quests you can buy a lot of wrestlers. i have no played about 2 hours of campaign and i unlocked three wrestlers in the campaign and bought four wrestlers. That is 9 after two hours of playing the game. So there is no need to pay for the wrestlers and also there is no need for endless grinding.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Ehh, actually playing the game to unlock stuff isn't new. Remember Tekken 3 or virtua Fighter 4?
I have a much bigger problem with the entire progression and unlock system of the game being disabled completely if you play offline.
That is a big no no in my book, hate it when games lock stuff behind a unnecessary online requirement.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind the game only really has like 5 wrestlers

everyone is a copy and paste of that in terms of their moveset

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
That doesn't sound bad your just unlocking characters while playing the game just gives you incentive to keep playing. Actually would help the game if its as bare bones as it sounds. If everything was unlocked at the start people would just say the game lacks content or incentive to play.