• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
He's thirty, and it's normal to have been several completely different people in the course of your twenties, so yeah - it's technically possible that he was a shithead and isn't anymore, but in this climate, and in a company run by Vince McMahon, he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
He's thirty, and it's normal to have been several completely different people in the course of your twenties, so yeah - it's technically possible that he was a shithead and isn't anymore, but in this climate, and in a company run by Vince McMahon, he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.
I would hope he has but he's still asking people on twitter what they're "triggered" about so I'm not feeling too good about Lars' chances of actually having changed.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
The Bodybuilding Forums are Stormfront-lite. Back when I posted on IGN's Vestibule (a cesspool in it's own right) they would feud with the Bodybuilding forums on occasion and those asshats would pretty much always shoot back with nothing but slur-riddled tirades.
I was in the area when bodybuilding.com wanted to nuke the "misc" subsection. That was funny. That subsection is "dark side of the internet" tier.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I hope you believe the same about AJ Styles, who recently went on a far-right radio show and was perfectly OK with it and has a long history of homophobia and opposition to basic civil rights for gay people.

So, whatever punishment you think Lars Sullivan should receive, it's only fair, considering his much larger and more public history with zero apologies, that AJ Styles receives an even harsher penalty. Unless as I said above, enough good matches means you can be a horrible person.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
I hope you believe the same about AJ Styles, who recently went on a far-right radio show and was perfectly OK with it and has a long history of homophobia and opposition to basic civil rights for gay people.

So, whatever punishment you think Lars Sullivan should receive, it's only fair, considering his much larger and more public history with zero apologies, that AJ Styles receives an even harsher penalty. Unless as I said above, enough good matches means you can be a horrible person.

I mean, sure? In a just world, they'd both lose their jobs, but Vince is a wretched human being and agrees with all of this shit semi-privately.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I mean, sure? In a just world, they'd both lose their jobs, but Vince is a wretched human being and agrees with all of this shit semi-privately.

OK, but 95% of fans currently acting like Lars Sullivan is the worst human in the world are in a perfect circle of a Venn Diagram of being the same people being upset Roman Reigns dared to pin AJ during a feud a couple of years ago and tried to act like he was a new star.

All I'm asking for is consistency - either actually want all the bad people out of wrestling, including the bad people who are good workers like AJ or accept wrestling is a carny business filled with terrible people who can entertaining. But, don't pick 'n' choose which people are bad and should be cast out based on star ratings.

Sketchsanchez

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK, but 95% of fans currently acting like Lars Sullivan is the worst human in the world are in a perfect circle of a Venn Diagram of being the same people being upset Roman Reigns dared to pin AJ during a feud a couple of years ago and tried to act like he was a new star.

All I'm asking for is consistency - either actually want all the bad people out of wrestling, including the bad people who are good workers like AJ or accept wrestling is a carny business filled with terrible people who can entertaining. But, don't pick 'n' choose which people are bad and should be cast out based on star ratings.
Yeah let's be real here, you're an anti smark who capes for wwe when they can. You don't give a shit about consistency, you just love feeling superior to other wrestling fans.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Trolling over a series of posts
Yeah let's be real here, you're an anti smark who capes for wwe when they can. You don't give a shit about consistency, you just love feeling superior to other wrestling fans.

No, I think WWE booking is mostly terrible and I'm going to a local indy show here in Seattle this weekend. The irony is I've actually spent more money on non-WWE wrestling in the past year than a vast majority of the people in this place and places like r/SquaredCircle who continually complain about the WWE and how it's killing wrestling.

I just don't think my personal opinion of the WWE means that it's doomed financially or that appealing to smarks will actually create a competitive wrestling environment. The only thing worse than Vince McMahon booking is the fantasy booking I read on the regular here and other places.

But yes, I will admit it's easy to feel superior to people who stan for Kenny "Let Me Create a Fake Gay Gimmick" Omega.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
No, I think WWE booking is mostly terrible and I'm going to a local indy show here in Seattle this weekend. The irony is I've actually spent more money on non-WWE wrestling in the past year than a vast majority of the people in this place and places like r/SquaredCircle who continually complain about the WWE and how it's killing wrestling.

I just don't think my personal opinion of the WWE means that it's doomed financially or that appealing to smarks will actually create a competitive wrestling environment. The only thing worse than Vince McMahon booking is the fantasy booking I read on the regular here and other places.

But yes, I will admit it's easy to feel superior to people who stan for Kenny "Let Me Create a Fake Gay Gimmick" Omega.

You have a point. Lars is not the first offender and he won't be the last. The entire company is full of bad people, they actively support Trump, and accept money from SA. Lars is only one of their many problems.

To anyone offended by Lars, I strongly suggest taking and stand and boycotting WWE. That's what I do.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Guys a bigot and Lars isn't even good out there and he already hit the WWE out of NXT? Ugh...Vince found a new toy apparently. Has the 70+ year olds handpicked list of traits all over him.

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
Well I hope this ruined his career. Then he can go back to being a gym rat with no future.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's that then. I'm sure he will listen very closely during those classes.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm. Well at least they did something.
Surprisingly.

I don't know what he gets paid but that's a big fucking fine.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know Lars Sullivans' contract, but I'd imagine $100k fine would be a significant portion of his contract. Aren't low-card guys, recent call ups, usually earning around $250k - $350k? Would Sullivan be earning more, less, etc? I remember people projecting Matt Riddle's 3-year deal to be a $500k/year deal back in 2018 when he got signed... and he was the biggest name in North American independent wrestling.

LiQuid!

Oct 26, 2017
So they knew about his shitposting before he even touched pen to paper and signed him anyways, sounds like WWE

Also what the fuck kind of clause is this? "If there's outrage on social media, we get a discount on hiring your dumb, racist ass" like what the fuck does this fine even accomplish. There's gotta be some program out there they can give a bite of his salary to as recompense for being a shitlord. Why is he paying for his bullshit directly to Vince's pockets?

vodalus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
CT
According to Meltzer the fine is real and probably quite serious given that he hasn't made any real money yet. Regardless of whether you think someone can change a disturbed, evil mindset, there is a separate issue of a corporation being able to contractually punish an independent contractor for something like this. It's very messed up.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
According to Meltzer the fine is real and probably quite serious given that he hasn't made any real money yet. Regardless of whether you think someone can change a disturbed, evil mindset, there is a separate issue of a corporation being able to contractually punish an independent contractor for something like this. It's very messed up.
Fuck his racist, homophobic ass.
tenor.gif

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's hard to feel for someone who said some incredibly dumb shit thinking it was funny. He should be exposed and take responsibility for his actions which is happening. As for his fine, if he wants to make real money he has to pay the fine and attend the classes. If his current push is successful he will have a chance in making it back. If he doesn't pay it, he's out of a job with no means of paying his bills and who knows who will give him good money for matches. Success isn't guaranteed outside of the WWE.

OP
OP
RBH

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Dave Meltzer of The Wrestling Observer is reporting in his latest Observer Newsletter that Lars Sullivan's recent right knee injury turned out to be worse than expected, and Sullivan is believed to be out of action from six to nine months.

Sullivan suffered what was initially reported to be a minor injury to his right knee during a June 10th match on RAW against the Lucha House Party that caused him to miss a scheduled SmackDown match with Matt Hardy the following evening (and who Sullivan worked with at a house show on June 9th). He was only expected to miss a few days, but this MRI has evidently shown to be much worse for the big man.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Aw, that's a shame. Such a magnificent wrestler and upstanding human being will surely be missed......

/s

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds about right for the WWE... He's probably the next megastar if Vince learn about that stuff.