• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Is Vince seriously going to pay Goldberg, Brock, John Cena and Undertaker millions upon millions of dollars just to do a show at the performance center with no audience?

Just postpone it until June or July, you old coot.

I'm puzzled by this line of thinking. Do you really think this is all going to be over in a couple of months?

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Just put in a bunch of monitors and let people randomly be shown on monitors via twitch or something

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
Just put on an old Wrestlemania and superimpose the wrestlers over those on tape. Or hire Yukes to make them a digital crowd.

pompo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm puzzled by this line of thinking. Do you really think this is all going to be over in a couple of months?
Yes I feel like delaying it till that time will just make sure it's actually cancelled and get rid of any hype leading up to it. Better to get it out of the way and go big for 2021.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
They should have held it in vince's backyard for that WM outdoor arena effect.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
i honestly can't believe vince is going forward with a wrestlemania with no fans

the optics of this shit

PLUS they're not making a gate

as far as we know, there's no espn+ crazy money deal in place. if that was the case, I'd understand moving heaven and earth to make the show happen. but as it stands, they're getting, what... a few more wwe network subs? the crazy fucks still watching wwe obviously subscribe to the network, so what do they hope to gain from this?

it's insane

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, they shoud just setting up a bunch of cardboard standees and give Vince a soundboard with a bunch of canned audience noise.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
What's the point then? Wrestlemania IS the venue. If it's at the performance center, what separates it from a Raw or Smackdown?

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I figured it was going to happen, whether by Vince's hand or the city's. Sucks though, as I had been looking forward to it and Takeover for the past year. I don't really watch week to week anymore, but I do like to go to the PPV's when they come to town. Thankfully I was able to go when it came to Orlando a few years ago, so it's not like I've never been, but it would have been nice to go and not have to worry about a long-ass drive home after a long-ass show.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Just cancel it.

A weekly TV show is one thing, but rasslin is a spectacle that requires an audience for big moments.

At the very least they need to get better at no audience first.

Oct 27, 2017
It's the only decision they could have made other than cancelling it. This was shaping up to be one of the worst WMs recently but now I want to see how they pull it off imho.

I usually get together with 5-6 friends at my place to watch. That's a bad idea right? We make food and watch the whole 5 hour train wreck. They are very close friends, and if we're not under a full lockdown then (TX) is it that bad of an idea? Eh, probably

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They are all tweeting how great it will be, they've obviously been briefed to go into full PR mode!

Sasha Banks taking the piss though, love to see it

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The performance center?

They should take this opportunity and do it somewhere crazy like the top of a skyscraper or something where lack of crowd wouldn't matter.

Something like this.

Burj-Al-Arab-Tennis-Court-6.jpg

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
WWE surely have no requirements to pay back people's travel fees unless it's some sort of package booked through WWE

They do (did) sell stuff like that though

www.wwe.com

WrestleMania 36 Travel Packages available now; Individual tickets available Nov. 15 at 10 a.m. ET

WrestleMania 36 descends on Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay, Florida, on Sunday, April 5, 2020, and the best way to experience the incredible week of activities taking place throughout the greater Tampa Bay area is with an official WrestleMania 36 Travel Package.

I agree they won't pay back a cent more than they need too

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
What a horrible blow to Tampa's economy , I hope Tampa can host another one after this virus blows over. Hopefully the Super Bowl isn't next.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I got a couple minutes into tonight's Raw with no audience... and I just couldn't get into it. It felt so uncomfortable.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
I'm legit interested to see how this'll turn out. In other news, Takeover was postponed which means HHH STILL doesn't get his Gargano/Champa ending.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have the crowd be a bunch of dogs and some farm animals. That would be lit

Jul 18, 2018
Imagine watching a non audience match of Roman Reigns for 30min. Or last match for that long. Without audience, that is going to look so lame to whomever is still watching this product

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Is it even wrestle mania at this point?
To be fair most of their bigger cards the past 5+ years have been pretty bland with maybe 1 or 2 stand out matches. Long gone are the days when they've had a completely killer card from top too bottom. Wrestlemania has not been an exception to this.

tumblr_okz3w0SSD21ql0k28o2_250.gifv

Though I'm more partial to the Jerry Lawler vs Terry Funk empty arena match :)

Everyone in the gif, Lawler, and Funk can all actually work(at the time) without having to look at the crowd for a reaction every minute and didn't need to have really long rest periods where the crowd noise helps. Roman always gets put into a head lock for like 2 minutes in big matches, it's going to come off terribly without a crowd and only Cole and Graves talking about the BIG DAWG. Hopefully they are adjusting everything for this but I suspect that will not be the case aside from the usual big entrances.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Christ delay the fucking thing. Or suspend current storylines and just do random shit until things are back to normal. Wasting all these moments to "keep the show going" is dumb.

Oct 8, 2019
For those of you not following the Wrestling thread a lot of small companies are going to be in massive trouble because of this in particular Wrestlecon where the Marriot is screwing them because of a pandemic.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Cancelling or postponing means canceling or postponing entire storylines, ones (most) which involve part time contracted talent. I don't think they had a clean option. It was gonna be a terrible show anyway but no fans means it's going to be terrible and awkward as fuck.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I guess that Vince logic is that the lack of crowd and the small building will be compensated by the publicity of being the only "sport" that would be airing live content