• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What was match of the weekend?

• War Raiders vs Ricochet and Aleister Black

Votes: 41 20.9%
  • Johnny Gargano vs Adam Cole

Votes: 97 49.5%
  • Smackdkwn tag fatal 4 way

Votes: 10 5.1%
  • Dan

Votes: 48 24.5%

• Total voters

grizzmo

Oct 31, 2017
I would have enjoyed that match if it wasn't after the longest show imaginable, starting after midnight. Glad Becky won, but this wasn't the coronation she earned.
Kofi and Bryan was great. Thuganomics was a fun bit that probably shoulda been cut for time. That mess of a Batista match had its moments. Even glad the Iconics won.
Didn't like much else though, especially that Kurt match. I thought his losing effort against McIntyre on RAW a while back was the best way to send him off.

I am moderately sports entertained.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Leave it to wrestling fans to get all babyface world title wins and still be upset at the end of the night. lol

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am happy with the result, but the execution was absolute garbage. So much built up story telling and effort on the part of all three women involved and this is how it all culminates? I get presentation wise it was nice seeing Flair have a belt but to lose it so soon while Asuka was still on a roll just seems shitty. Becky should have won clean, none of this "but what if!?" bullshit, especially not on the ppv that is meant to be a bookend to months (sometimes over a year of storytelling and build up). Blech, again happy she won but that was really really sloppy.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
Well it certainly wasn't as bad as WM29 was, but I can't say I regret not going to this live. As anyone with sense could have predicted, it dragged on forever. But at least the first half of the PPV mostly delivered. Kofi/Bryan was as advertised and easily the highlight of the PPV. Not to take anything away from Becky who I love, but hindsight being 20/20, Kofi/Bryan should've been the main event.

Not sure what the agent who laid out the main event was thinking. Sloppy as fuck with a random botched ending. The end result was good but the whole feud and all the booking leading up to it was fucked beyond belief.

Didn't think the main event needed Charlotte a month ago. Didn't think it needed her yesterday. Still don't think it needed her after seeing the match.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Usually, Mania is filled with awful booking but fairly good matches, I feel this was in the inverse which makes for a fairly poor watching experience but going forward the product should be better.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
This what I absolutely have to give WWE credit for. They had all three faces win their main title matches and absolutely nothing is wrong with that. Fuck all that heat bullshit it's not always needed.

Kofi match I'll give you, that delivered and they told a story.

Womans match was solid until FUCKERY finish.

Seth vs Brock was a fucking atrocity. Horrible booking for that match. You can't wipe away all the other matches that Brock had where he took Dick punches, spears, Phenomenal Forearms, Running knees, AAs etc.. Multiple times and still kept on trucking.

I am sorry I just don't buy Seth as being on the same level as guys like AJ and Bryan who put on some of Lesnars best matches.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Brock vs Seth = lol, 5 moves of doom and Brock just adds to his reputation as a paper champ

Ryder & Hawkins as tag champs, but Aleister and Riccochet aren't worthy = lol... what? Unless this is a sign they'll do the logical thing and split Black & Riccochet into singles... I don't get it.

Iiconics new Women's Tag Champs = the Iiconics try hard, and are good people... but they belong in the Divas division with Dawn Marie, Eve, and Layla. They are not in today's top womens' league, certainly not better than their current peers on the product.

Joe vs Rey = why

Angle vs Corbin = of every single person on their roster they could have sent Angle out on his back, they pick that loser Corbin to beat him clean. What a joke.

Demon Balor vs Lashley = Brock isn't worth summoning The Demon, but Lashley is???

Ronda/Charlotte/Becky = That finish was sloppy as fuck. I dunno about that, chief. (Also, wanted a Green Power Ranger outfit for heel Ronda)

I mean, joking aside, this was not an awful ppv. It just was really, really underwhelming for a 12-hour 'Mania. The storylines were all so sloppy and hastily written, it just comes off as a wet fart of wasted potential. But Kofi and Daniel put on a fucking awesome match.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Right. But it was almost like Vince going fine ill give you what you want, but in the shittiest way possible.

I guarantee you he's not thinking like that

It's literally the opposite of how we know Vince thinks based on what everyone who has worked with him says about him

thuway

Oct 27, 2017

Seth vs Brock was a fucking atrocity. Horrible booking for that match. You can't wipe away all the other matches that Brock had where he took Dick punches, spears, Phenomenal Forearms, Running knees, AAs etc.. Multiple times and still kept on trucking.

I am sorry I just don't buy Seth as being on the same level as guys like AJ and Bryan who put on some of Lesnars best matches.
FACTS

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
The only one of the world title matches to have some sort of climactic ending was Kofi. He overpowered the evil champ's finisher, traded him back his stomps, then set up his finisher and hit it, then won. Good guy underdog perseveres over the more skilled douche champ.

Seth's win was a plane ticket to Saskatchewan with Bork Lazer printed on it.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
It was a great Mania for the most part but the last hour really really dragged it down. Crowd was tired after Kofi/Bryan.

They had too much for damn sure, they need to cut things down. Way too much in such short time

Plywood

Does not approve of this tag
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Happy for Becky and glad I didn't watch the majority of the show, lol.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For an uninitiated could someone explain what happened at the end? So Ronda was pinned down and the referee made an illegal count to 3? And you're all debating whether that count was intentionally wrong or just a referee botch?

Is that it?

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I don't fucking care. Brock's not the champ anymore so I'll take it anyway it happens. He can look like the biggest bitch and lose the title and it will be fine as he's no longer champ. Fuck that noise.

Oct 28, 2017
Jeez. Y'all are a bunch of negative nancies. Kofi got the belt. Brock is out of the world title picture (hopefully forever). Solid women's main event despite the botched finish. Lots of fun throughout the undercard.

Only legitimate complaint I have is that Hogan's racist hot dog ass showed up.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
For an uninitiated could someone explain what happened at the end? So Ronda was pinned down and the referee made an illegal count to 3? And you're all debating whether that count was intentionally wrong or just a referee botch?

Is that it?

Yeah, the pinfall wasn't valid but the ref counted anyway. Looks like that was the intended finish. Really poor way to end things, it should have been clean.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Kofi/Bryan was very good and the last match was as well.
None of them was great or spetacular, but they were fun and had a nice sense that the right people won in the right way.

All the rest was just kind of a waste of time, tbh.
A lot of these matches could have gone somewhere, specially Seth vs Brock, but overall it felt like 10 million matches in a hurry to end already.
They should really cancel the rumbles because who the fuck cares other than the people who get the extra pay (one easy solution to this is to fucking pay people anyway).

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It literally has nothing to do with the length and everything to do with how terrible the booking is.

I watched Takeover twice in a row on Friday night because it was fucking lit and I wasn't even close to burnt out by then end.

Vince needs to retire.

This show was almost three times as long as that one

You'd be burned out by a seven hour Takeover too

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope the fans start sending in Tweets, emails, envelopes, postcards, glitter bombs, whatever it takes to get someone in WWE to cut these fucking PPVs to no more than 3.5 hours. It's only 10:40 where I am, but I can only imagine those who are in the wee hours of the morning or after midnight time zones not being happy about the run time.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
On a hunch I checked the wiki page for match times

HHH match was longest

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The Main event felt like a fight.... it played off the hatred each as for the other.... ending was odd but eh Angle vs Lesnar at Mania 19 was a fucking banger too and that finish is even worse than this one.

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
Leave it to wrestling fans to get all babyface world title wins and still be upset at the end of the night. lol

In general, I prefer heels to faces, but despite that I was cheering for babyfaces all night. With the exception of Roman winning, I'm pretty happy with most of the match results.

But goddamn, that fucking main event finish wasn't good.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
It literally has nothing to do with the length and everything to do with how terrible the booking is.

I watched Takeover twice in a row on Friday night because it was fucking lit and I wasn't even close to burnt out by then end.

Vince needs to retire.

It was 7 and a half fucking hours

It was the length of the show I should run you over for lying to me like that

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017

Is that it?

Its a term called a Dusty Finish. It's used to end a match but in a screwy way to delegitimize the win and set up a rematch as well as confuse the audience to the victor. In this case, Ronda will probably just claim that it was bullshit and demand a rematch on Raw.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez. Y'all are a bunch of negative nancies. Kofi got the belt. Brock is out of the world title picture (hopefully forever). Solid women's main event despite the botched finish. Lots of fun throughout the undercard.

Only legitimate complaint I have is that Hogan's racist hot dog ass showed up.
Did you watch the quality of the matches or even bother comparing it to NXT, NJPW, or prior WWE PPVs this year? This was lackadaisical as fuck

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
I don't fucking care. Brock's not the champ anymore so I'll take it anyway it happens. He can look like the biggest bitch and lose the title and it will be fine as he's no longer champ. Fuck that noise.
RIGHT? Brock was one of the shittiest champs ever, and people just find the most ridiculous reasons to hate it. The B team couldve won the title from him and id be happy.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In general, I prefer heels to faces, but despite that I was cheering for babyfaces all night. With the exception of Roman winning, I'm pretty happy with most of the match results.

But goddamn, that fucking main event finish wasn't good.

Oh no, it was horrendous.

But at the end of the day for me I am more happy that Becky won and that the match was good than I am upset about how it happened.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
The Main event felt like a fight.... it played off the hatred each as for the other.... ending was odd but eh Angle vs Lesnar at Mania 19 was a fucking banger too and that finish is even worse than this one.
You say that like they booked Lesnar to botch a Shooting Star Press and then win with a F5.

The women's match was very good though. It had an intensity to it at times that really isn't there in most matches. Just them trying to hit each other as hard as they can.