• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone taking bets that NXT smashes AEW in the ratings? Cant wait.
I wish I could but my mantra has always been "expect the worst, be pleasantly surprised when it isn't".

I kind of expect NXT to be ahead but not by an overwhelming amount. AEW will have a good starting point.

More pressure is on NXT here than AEW to be honest.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
SIKE
rollins.gif

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Holding steady around the 2.5 mark. How much of a bite does MNF usually take from Raw during the NFL season?

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Probably going to be at least .3-.5 points lower. That's probably why they're bringing in Stone Cold for a fucking contract signing. That's some desperate shit right there.

We can criticize it all we want, but it is smart business in the end.

Imagine where they would be without Heyman and without the push that AEW has given them.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
2.13 average and the lowest 3rd hour of the year. Also, the 2.13 average ties the lowest average Raw number this year.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Football is back.

that means Raw is back going down in the ratings.
This was a RAW in MSG with Stone Cold and loaded with matches. It was a big show for them.

If this how they do when they stack the deck to pop a rating, the next few weeks of them just doing a more average RAW is going to be a bloodbath.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
So basically a solid 0.4 million dropoff on a show from MSG with Stone Cold Steve Austin. Big yikes.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
What a drop off from last week! I never expected it to drop off that much with austin and being in MSG. I can't see how they keep their heads above 2 mil for the rest of the year.

Yowee wowee indeed

canseesea

Oct 25, 2017
If there were actually any kids who watched wrestling I'd wonder if they look at Stone Cold the same way I looked at Bob Backlund when he came back in the 90s.

I can't say for sure, but I know I wasn't exactly running to the TV to catch his appearances.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
No surprise there. It's only going to go down in the coming weeks, especially when there are more meaningful games.

Probably going to be at least .3-.5 points lower. That's probably why they're bringing in Stone Cold for a fucking contract signing. That's some desperate shit right there.
That and because ticket sales weren't doing so great.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If there were actually any kids who watched wrestling I'd wonder if they look at Stone Cold the same way I looked at Bob Backlund when he came back in the 90s.

I can't say for sure, but I know I wasn't exactly running to the TV to catch his appearances.
I think Meltzer said something to the effect that it's actually the younger demos that get a boost when old folks like Austin, Hogan, Flair, etc. make an appearance, and that the older viewers remain relatively flat.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
What number did Saints and Texans do?

From dave:

The most notable thing is that the Austin segment should have been held for later in the episode, as Raw opened well in the first quarter, fell once Austin left, and continued to decline the rest of the show, with the main event being one of the lowest rated matches in Raw history.

None of the stats are good. The third hour was the lowest third hour except for Christmas and New Year's. The first-to-third hour drop, largely due to Austin, was the sixth worst in history at 21.9 percent. The audience was down 22.3 percent from last year's first show against Monday Night Football.

Raw was 10th for the night on cable, trailing news shows, football related programming, and the 3.36 million viewers for A Very Brady Renovation on Home & Garden.

The Houston Texans vs. New Orleans Saints game against most of Raw did 13.08 million viewers. The late game, with the Denver Broncos vs. Oakland Raiders, did 10.62 million viewers.

As far as viewers leaving during the show, from the hour one average to hour three, the decline was 14 percent with women 18-49, 17 percent for men 18-49, 19 percent for teenage girls, six percent for teenage boys, and 24 percent over 50.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO! It's only going to get worse from here. Back to sub-2.0 numbers by next week. If Stone Cold couldn't save them, and Rock isn't walking through those curtains (unless maybe cutting a brief cameo on Smackdown), then nothing will. And I love it.

Vince gonna have Austin as GM of Raw again at this point.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So fucking happy with those ratings. Hope they keep up the pointless AE stunts and try nothing else until they hit 1.5.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing is the big smackdown fox debut is being booked as yet ANOTHER nostalgia show with Austin, hogan and all the others

That's like the 4th one this year

Oct 25, 2017
From dave:

The most notable thing is that the Austin segment should have been held for later in the episode, as Raw opened well in the first quarter, fell once Austin left, and continued to decline the rest of the show, with the main event being one of the lowest rated matches in Raw history.

None of the stats are good. The third hour was the lowest third hour except for Christmas and New Year's. The first-to-third hour drop, largely due to Austin, was the sixth worst in history at 21.9 percent. The audience was down 22.3 percent from last year's first show against Monday Night Football.

Raw was 10th for the night on cable, trailing news shows, football related programming, and the 3.36 million viewers for A Very Brady Renovation on Home & Garden.

The Houston Texans vs. New Orleans Saints game against most of Raw did 13.08 million viewers. The late game, with the Denver Broncos vs. Oakland Raiders, did 10.62 million viewers.

As far as viewers leaving during the show, from the hour one average to hour three, the decline was 14 percent with women 18-49, 17 percent for men 18-49, 19 percent for teenage girls, six percent for teenage boys, and 24 percent over 50.

Wait, i thought Heyman was gong to resurrect RAw especially with Vince being around less.

Hmmm

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
About a year late at this point but I wonder if they give Strowman the title to try and keep viewers.

They have to do something this month.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
About a year late at this point but I wonder if they give Strowman the title to try and keep viewers.

They have to do something this month.
There are a handful of guys who long since should have had the belt at least once by now. Instead, it seems we can't ever have anyone as champion other than boring as hell Rollins, or Brock.

Status
Not open for further replies.