• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
www.prowrestlingsheet.com

WWE to Resume Live Tapings From Performance Center

Raw, Friday Night SmackDown and NXT will once again resume taping their shows live from the Performance Center starting next week.

Orlando is still under a shelter-in-place. But WWE is claiming themselves to be "essential". And Vince made the call. Talent are not happy about it.

In regards to Pro Wrestling Sheet's report of WWE going live regularly again next week, we heard the same thing during WWE Smackdown. Fightful was told that a "very aggressive" Vince McMahon made the decision, and many on the talent roster are unhappy about it. He was at the Friday Smackdown. Some at the WWE tapings were given a letter in case they were questioned by law enforcement, stating that they are "essential media."

There were reports they were taping this weekend, but it seems that is either a backup plan or Vince threw that out in favor of going live again.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Dumb bitch is probably having a hissy fit about the ratings. As if that's what is most important right now. I hope more talent leave.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Vince McMahon is a giant piece of shit

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Im seeing this kind of attitude starting to pop, even with neighbors. Basically people are tired of Quarantines and social distancing and are being a lot more loose with their behavior ... even when the reality is that the number of infected In the US keeps increasing and people should be isolating more and more

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Some at the WWE tapings were given a letter in case they were questioned by law enforcement, stating that they are "essential media."

Using a play from the ol' GameStop playbook I see, hopefully Vince had a Pro membership so he could get 10% off this already used play

See also: the Ron Swanson approach

15ron.jpg

fuck you, vince

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
He thinks his homie is gonna bail him out. Can't wait to see Florida deny him.

Then again, it's Florida.

Also, man, those workers are really pissed, they finally get downtime and Vinny Mac has a hissy fit because his football thing shut down.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im seeing this kind of attitude starting to pop, even with neighbors. Basically people are tired of Quarantines and social distancing and are being a lot more loose with their behavior ... even when the reality is that the number of infected In the US keeps increasing and people should be isolating more and more
It's only been almost a month, even less for most places. I can't believe how impatient people are.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a way to get blown the fuck out like Gamestop but it's Florida so they might cosign on this.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Also, what a coincidence they announce this hours after they confirm the XFL was dead again.

T0M

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 13, 2019
Vince trying to make his money back since corona messed up his XFL plans. I don't see why pre-taping would be a big deal though, lets everyone put their best foot forward.

Fuck Vince! Talent needs to ban together and just walk out. How is the governor allowing this??

It's Ron DeSantis, who got power from sucking farts from Trump's asshole. He won't do anything.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
The outbreak really shows you how people really are (though it was obvious even before it) - whether money or people are more important.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Oooo asshole still mad about throwing $300m down the drain for his little football league.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017

Yeah, my neighbors are the same way. They were good for two weeks but now everyone wants to chat from their yards.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are pretty broad allowances for media in the guidelines for identifying essential personel. Enough so that they can probably weasel their way into tapings, so long as they aren't hosting any large gatherings or interacting with the public at large.

"Workers who support radio, television, and media service, including, but not limited to front-line news reporters, studio, and technicians for newsgathering, and reporting, and publishing news" are essential according to Homeland Security.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
With the ability to tape and edit I would think the wwe wouldn't have a problem operating with skeleton crews, especially if they kept the key staff quarantined and isolate and only had 2-3 wrestlers performing at a time. It sounds like a miserable existence for all involved, but if the german sports league is considering this for much larger numbers and live team competition I'm sure wwe could figure something out.

OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

People have absolutely zero perspective so they see "we cracked down and so it's not spreading as rapidly" as "I ain't seeing shit so why do I have to do anything about it"

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I simultaneously don't want to see this happen but do want to see Vince Mcmahon arrested.

Can I have both?

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Feeling a bit of heat when another investment (XFL) fell through the cracks (his wife Linda being the one before that).