• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
This is the crux of the problem, all of Vince's plans to make money depend on stuff like ratings stabilizing at a certain point. Remember when people thought 3 million viewers was rock bottom?

WWE Signed a deal for streaming rights with NBCUniversal but what happens if NBCUniversal merges with Warnermedia? Do you think Warnermedia is going to pay a billion dollars for WWE's streaming rights?

How much is WWE going to have to pay over AEW to keep top talent? 500,000 dollars a year? More?

AEW is working to improve its image meanwhile WWE is trying to rifle through its talents pockets.

WWE is incapable of creating and nuturing wrestling personas that go mainstream anymore. The rare wrestler that makes it mainstream or out of wrestling does it out of sheer personal talent rather than anything WWE does. All I ever see in the rare occasion I poke my head in is them chasing another fad of the month character that's just following pop culture.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
WWE is incapable of creating and nuturing wrestling personas that go mainstream anymore. The rare wrestler that makes it mainstream or out of wrestling does it out of sheer personal talent rather than anything WWE does. All I ever see in the rare occasion I poke my head in is them chasing another fad of the month character that's just following pop culture.

It isn't even that, while it's true they can't, it's also the fact they actively don't want to. Vince has decided that no star should be bigger than wwe itself again. He doesn't want to create or allow a star to become bigger than wwe naturally. Which is totally idiotic and stupid, I can't understand why you'd want that other than not wanting a big star being able to tell you to get fucked if you want to do shitty things like the twitch stuff etc.

OP
OP
RBH

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017

image.jpg

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Dammit...

200.gif

Either her Twitch career bombed or her itch of wrestling got the best of her.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
And here I was hoping that AEW brought her in to be Jade Cargill's manager. Guess no one wanted her, and she'll be back jobbing to the likes of Nia Jax.

OP
OP
RBH

RBH

Nov 2, 2017

Last edited:

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
They can talk all the shit they want but at the end of the day, the overwhelming majority of them are marks for Vince and the company and will always come back. Sad to see…

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
She's going to be on her way to catering also. I hope her husband was smart enough to not believe their lies too.

Tryxx

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I mean it sucks but wasn't there something that came out years ago saying that the WWE contract states that they pretty much own anything that the person becomes involved with while under contract? Sucks but I mean if they signed it you have to expect that the WWE is gonna enforce it.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure when or if Tommy End signs with AEW, WWE will book Zelina in awful angles like they did with Lana. Jobbing to Liz is just the beginning.

OP
OP
RBH

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
As Fightful reported in May, Zelina was filmed at the WWE Performance Center. We're told that talks between the two sides had started well before that, and some in WWE let Fightful know that they made an effort to stay in contact throughout the entire process of getting Zelina back.

From the point of Zelina's release, there were several influential names pushing for her to be brought back by the company.

OP
OP
RBH

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
We see Zelina Vega is back, but WWE acted on Smackdown last night that she was never gone and she just hasn't been wrestling. What is going on? Why would she return after the way she was dumped by the company? Is this a case of they brought her back to cut her throat and dump her? Is Aleister Black back too? What happens to her Twitch feed now?

These are a lot of questions! I will address them all here as, after making some phone calls last night and this morning, this is what we can ascertain about the situation.

We are told that even after Vega was released, there were segments of the company who felt she should have been retained and not released. We are told those segments of the company pushed for conversations between the two sides to continue. They eventually did and we are told that after a long period of back and forth conversations, WWE execs apologized to Vega and made her an offer to return. Eventually, she decided to go through that open door and signed back with the company. There are differing accounts as to when that happened. One source told me May. Another told me it was much sooner than that but all sides opted to keep it quiet so they could strategize a return. Why they waited until now, only WWE could answer but they also signed Eva Marie and had her sitting around for nine months. Vega was backstage last week but had not been at any TVs beyond that in recent months.

So, why did she return? The two sides made amends and came to a compromise. That is how business works. We are told everyone came to an understanding on the other sides' perspective. She grew up wanting to be in WWE. Why wouldn't she return if all sides cleared the air?

As far as cutting Vega's throat off, they announced she's in Money in the Bank, which is already a stronger push as a wrestler then she had received on the main roster. She had been mostly used as a manager with the exception of the Asuka bouts right before she was released last year. To me, that's a good sign, especially since her promo was great last night. They plugged her into the Liv Morgan story. She may have lost but it wasn't like she was Barry Horowitz. It was Liv sneaking a win. If they use Vega consistently, then she's in a better position than she was on Raw. So, we'll see where it goes but the fact she's on Smackdown gives me more faith given the creative is consistently stronger on the blue brand. If she's getting wiped out every week, then I agree but I don't see last night as any sort of burial.

Finally, as of now, Aleister Black is not back with the company. Like with Vega, there were some who felt his release was premature and have pushed for him to return but we haven't heard of him signing or even in deep discussions to return. It may be he wants to see how the waters are outside of WWE and if I am him, with AEW, New Japan, etc. I'd certainly want to see what is out there on the open market.

As far as Twitch, to the best of my knowledge, it was ongoing, so my guess is it continues on in some form. I don't know enough about the Twitch world to tell you much about it.

Oct 25, 2017
She should have thought of that before she supported things that would cause her to temporarily lose her paycheck in the first place.

Now you get rolled up by Liv Morgan on television.

One more... for the bad guy.
There are no good guys or bad guys in this industry. You people really need to get over that mindset.

And there's nothing bad about losing to Liv.

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
And there's nothing bad about losing to Liv.

Losing via rollup, and in a match cut down to 3 minutes to basically throw a monkey wrench into her return.

To someone who is clearly not going to benefit in a major way from the win.

To someone who just lost her tag partner, thus her purpose on the roster.

Vega's career is headed for a vindictive sabotage, and she doesn't even know it. Just ask Lana. The difference is Lana woke up.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The average salary in the USA is like 45K. I'm sure she's making more than that.

Twitch isn't worth the fight if it's over money.
Given how quickly wrestling careers can end, having something else isn't a bad idea unless they wanted to reboot their life in their 30s or 40s and become a real estate agent or something.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Losing via rollup, and in a match cut down to 3 minutes to basically throw a monkey wrench into her return.

To someone who is clearly not going to benefit in a major way from the win.

To someone who just lost her tag partner, thus her purpose on the roster.

Vega's career is headed for a vindictive sabotage, and she doesn't even know it. Just ask Lana. The difference is Lana woke up.
It seems like after she re-signed they immediately fired her husband too. It's all about revenge for Vince McMahon.

OP
OP
RBH

RBH

Nov 2, 2017
0ixq6ycmtym71.jpg

WWE promised Thea Trinidad (Zelina Vega) a match in Madison Square Garden on the eve of 9/11 so she could honor her father who died in 9/11.

She gets special gear made for the show and spends the week on social media talking about excited she is to honor her father with this.

Then on the day of the show, WWE cuts her match from the show.

How are people still watching and financially supporting this company?

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
An easy crowd win, have Zelina Vega go on to close out the show with a tribute to 9/11 and her father in New York.

WWE. Nope!

Oct 27, 2017
0ixq6ycmtym71.jpg

WWE promised Thea Trinidad (Zelina Vega) a match in Madison Square Garden on the eve of 9/11 so she could honor her father who died in 9/11.

She gets special gear made for the show and spends the week on social media talking about excited she is to honor her father with this.

They haven't had a televised women's division match on Smackdown in 2 weeks iirc. Shit is weird over there.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
"One of the most important days of my career is coming up on Friday and I feel that I have a big duty, not just to the fans and to my dad, but to myself to prove that this is what I was supposed to do all my life and that I was right all along."

Honestly at this point it's just plain evil.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
0ixq6ycmtym71.jpg

YeaH bUt RAW was GooD and MSg SmaCkdoWn made moSt moNey ever.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I'm convinced at this point they don't care, isn't Ace running women's wrestling again?

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
0ixq6ycmtym71.jpg

definitely looks like they brought her back to mess with her. i'm sure that unionization talk isn't ever going to be forgotten.

illmatic22

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super Bowl LII Champions
0ixq6ycmtym71.jpg

FFS this cornball company is so damn lame.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
You mean WWE treated the wife of a former WWE wrestler that signed on with their closest competition in 20 years like a piece of shit?

Lana says: "I'm shocked"