• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Just a reminder that like two years we'd see War Raiders final New Japan match where they were tagging with Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Suzuki Gun at New Years Dash.

I miss this.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what I witnessed, but I never want to witness this ever again.
Unless I'm high and created a game for this.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The hilarious thing is that "cinematic" matches are just... normal television.

Without the ineffable.. something that Matt Hardy brought to the genre, they're just badly-written, badly-edited, badly-acted television that nobody would accept if they weren't presented as "wrestling".

Corporations are paying billions of dollars for objectively some of the worst programming on television. I just don't get it.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017

Without the ineffable.. something that Matt Hardy brought to the genre, they're just badly-written, badly-edited, badly-acted television that nobody would accept if they weren't presented as "wrestling".

Corporations are paying billions of dollars for objectively some of the worst programming on television. I just don't get it.
Cinematic wrestling can be entertaining as hell when done right.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to add that the thought of Orton having the greatest wrestling match ever is hilarious to me.

Edge is great, but he's not gonna get any kind of special regular match out of Ran Ran. lol

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Oh, yeah, I'm not disputing that. All the Matt Hardy stuff was great, I'm a huge Lucha Underground mark, and the AEW matches that have swung into cinematic territory have all been pretty good.

It's mostly WWE that doesn't get how they work at all, because they usually devolve into highly-scripted Vince Fetish territory.

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
They said they amplified the crowd noise not piped it in so they turned the mics up to to 100 for the fake nxt crowd to make it sound like a full arena

Edit

Take it back totally some piped in noise

Last edited:

Canadiancrowe

Nov 4, 2017
I don't understand why they had to position Edge as some master technician. He was a good wrestler, but not someone who needed 40 minute matches.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017

Either way, I seriously doubt that we'll be seeing many of these once crowds are back in full. No live crowd will be down with those matches.