• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
up compared to last week, proving further that actual humans who watch normal things like the home run derby and the fucking sickos still watching wwe in 2022 have exactly zero crossover

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
Dynamite was #1 on Cable
Make it 5 consecutive weeks at number #1.
I am curious about the quarter hours

lwYQuY6.png

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Dynamite was #1 on Cable
Make it 5 consecutive weeks at number #1.
I am curious about the quarter hours

lwYQuY6.png

Damn. I thought for sure their total viewership would go up with the promotion of Kingston vs. Jericho. Maybe it's just a summer thing, or it could be AEW booking fatigue...or the general lack of legit star power that hovers over the rest of the show.

#1 is #1, but the demo stayed flat, and I'm going to be very curious next week's numbers when they have a show that wasn't really promoted or built up in any significant way this week. Last year at this exact same time, AEW was throwing up a graphic talking about the next 4-5 weeks of specialty shows, and hyping up matches that were coming 2-3 weeks down the line (Cody vs. Malakai 2 at Grand Slam, for instance).

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
They're not announcing many matches ahead of time, and the ones they announced for this week really weren't matches that were likely to draw except for the main event.

These numbers are probably going to stay down until they start getting some people back from injury

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
Really curious to see what the ratings are like when they get everyone back. Which seems possible around September. It's the nature of things but we've rarely seen the roster at full strength since last year.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I feel like it's that plus a combination of just awful shows. From both the WWE and AEW. There are segments that shine, but as a whole both are a chore to get though.
Strong disagree. Dynamite has been in no way awful.

This past episode was a case of just a really bad ending. Rest of the show was good to great.

Week before that was fucking off the chain with Mox vs Takeshit and the 3 way tag championship match.

Has it been a little directionless? Yes.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
SD and Raw definitely gonna get curiosity bumps for the next few weeks. If tonight's SD rundown is anything to go by, though, they won't hold people's interest. Star power looked absolutely dire.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's that plus a combination of just awful shows. From both the WWE and AEW. There are segments that shine, but as a whole both are a chore to get though.

I have no idea in what way AEW could be considered anything remotely close to awful, especially in comparison to WWE. Having a rushed or sloppy match occasionally does not equal a bad show. But beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
People are holding up until HHH books the Gargano vs Ciampa 60 minute bangers on the main roster

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Raw went from almost a tie with Dynamite in the demo to being a lot higher. All thanks to Vince being finally out bringing curiousity lol

FLEABttn

Oct 25, 2017
Vince being gone got me to tune in a little on Friday and Monday but I'm not going to bother again with that until the general consensus is it doesn't feel like a Vince show.

Also when Kevin Dunn and that style of direction is gone.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Nice bump from last week in overall viewership, and a small bump in the demo. Wonder if the buzz of this week's banger episode will result in a boost or at least mostly sustained viewership next week…which isn't a special show and looks pretty tame on paper so far.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting as it seems like people just don't watch TV anymore unless sports are on.

That's pretty much the only reason people still have cable or cable streaming services. They'll always pull bigger numbers than wrestling, and it's not often that the subway series happens with both teams being among the best in the league that year.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
Rampage was #23 of the night

18-49: 0.11
Overall: 375,000

Maybe Tony will put together an interesting card since Rampage is live this week. Because last week card sure wasn't. They deserve that rating.

Jsr3Wuf.png

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Oof.

Can't say they didn't deserve that rating though. Only the opening match was worth watching, and the Acclaimed music video was on YouTube.

Rampage is slowly becoming the old WCW Sunday Night Main Event with an even worse timeslot.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Still feel like Rampage has been great for the majority of the year, and that there were plenty of story developments last week that warranted a watch. I get that Lee Moriarty isn't a must-see talent for more casual viewers yet, though.

Oct 25, 2017
It's interesting as it seems like people just don't watch TV anymore unless sports are on.

I think the fact that AEW isn't on a major streaming platform like WWE is a problem. I suspect Hulu and Peacock pull some decent numbers with younger demos for WWE. I'd be very interested in watching AEW but I don't get cable so it isn't an option for me.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Time will tell if they can keep it up, but I imagine at least next week will have good ratings too.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if people liked this more focused wrestling show versus the older ones vince put that could keep the ratings

At least some people definitely tuned in expecting a huge "statement"

Status
Not open for further replies.