• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
Rampage was #3 on Cable

XdVyUiS.jpg

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Vince must be angry because a real american would watch sports entertainment to close a good 4th july

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
That graph showing where shows placed historically on cable is always funny to me because you can tell exactly when the NBA playoffs began and then ended.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
My guess would be than Dynamite started well over 1mil, but lost a lot during the show. It was a okay show, but it was a bit aimless - so much felt like a reset and start a lot of new stories.

If they can do those numbers for a none-hype show that is good too see

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Meh episode of dynamite almost beat raw

and before you say "BUT IT WAS 4TH OF JULY" motherfucker raw did a similar number in may!

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Also important to keep the bigger picture in mind:

Dynamite viewership history from this week YOY:

07/08/2020: 715,000 (0.28)
07/07/2021: 871,000 (0.33)
07/06/2022: 979,000 (0.36)

Last year at this time was the Road Rager episode with the Cody/QT strap match and badass Bucks vs. Penta/Eddie tag match.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Smackdown demo is really on the slide. Wonder if it will bump back up when Roman starts showing up to promote summerslam.

The latest observer pointed out how Smackdown and Raw's key demo are extremely similar. The roughly 500k extra viewers smackdown gets is nearly all over 50

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Keeping the rating after last week pretty forgettable Dynamite is quite a feat. I imagine next week we'll see bump, specially with Eddie vs Jericho

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The demo sliding down isn't too great, but hey, #1 is #1. Definitely gonna see a boost next week. They barbed wire match should be the main.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
For reference, Fyter Fest night 1 was down from this same week last year:

July 14th 2021:

"Wednesday's AEW Dynamite Fyter Fest episode drew 1,025,000 viewers on TNT, up from last week's 871,000 viewers.

It drew a 0.40 rating in the 18-49 demographic, up from last week's 0.33.

It was going head to head with game 4 of the NBA Finals, which drew 7.4 million viewers on ABC."

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
For reference, Fyter Fest night 1 was down from this same week last year:

July 14th 2021:

"Wednesday's AEW Dynamite Fyter Fest episode drew 1,025,000 viewers on TNT, up from last week's 871,000 viewers.

It drew a 0.40 rating in the 18-49 demographic, up from last week's 0.33.

It was going head to head with game 4 of the NBA Finals, which drew 7.4 million viewers on ABC."

pretty crazy. last year had some big matches in darby vs ethan page in a coffin match, and matt hardy vs christian.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The thing is that AEW should have already been on new storylines by now, yet we're still under BCC vs JAS after months and months, Women's division is where? and everything else is "hmm let's see what we can do" (including the freakin World Title lol) while having a bit of ROH build.

So, it's understandable if AEW is not having a bump. It's good that it's sustaining their position, but after the other sports stopped, they probably should've been up.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I'm pretty pumped about most of the current champs in AEW, so that's helping with my enjoyment of the shows.

Feels like Rosa is finally finding her groove as champ.

Wardlow's defense against Orange Cassidy felt like drinking a cool glass of water after being forced to swallow gruel for months with the Sammy and ATT stuff.

PAC rules, and I'm glad he's getting to defend his title overseas.

Sw3rve and Lee as tag champs is a fresh choice. Hope they run with the belts for a bit.

Jade and Mox are just holding it down with their respective titles and are doing a good job of making their titles feel important.

Serpens007

Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I'm pretty pumped about most of the current champs in AEW, so that's helping with my enjoyment of the shows.

Feels like Rosa is finally finding her groove as champ.

Wardlow's defense against Orange Cassidy felt like drinking a cool glass of water after being forced to swallow gruel for months with the Sammy and ATT stuff.

PAC rules, and I'm glad he's getting to defend his title overseas.

Sw3rve and Lee as tag champs is a fresh choice. Hope they run with the belts for a bit.

Jade and Mox are just holding it down with their respective titles and are doing a good job of making their titles feel important.

I don't think it's boring, on the contrary, but I feel there has been a lack of direction in the last few weeks due to some stories going on for longer than one would have expected.

I imagine that the World title picture also doesn't have a clear direction because Tony is probably waiting and see if Punk is going to be back at All Out or not.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's boring, on the contrary, but I feel there has been a lack of direction in the last few weeks due to some stories going on for longer than one would have expected.

I imagine that the World title picture also doesn't have a clear direction because Tony is probably waiting and see if Punk is going to be back at All Out or not.
It'll be interesting in a few years or so when the shoots/books come out and we learn exactly how hard plans changed due to the injury crisis

UmbranUndying

Feb 20, 2022
Rampage has an awful timeslot, has been marred by pre-emptions from sports, and generally carries itself like a B show. It's hard for me to imagine how they can get the show back up to par without serious changes. Number one would probably be getting it off of TNT, since pre-emptions have damaged it far more than Dynamite's pre-emptions hurt that show.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Rampage rarely seems to fit in with anything that happens on Dynamite. If it's supposed to be a show like WCW Thunder, then it needs to move to a better time slot and start carrying over stories.

While I'm at it, Dark and Elevation don't need connected storylines to the main shows either.

Status
Not open for further replies.