• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Cody and post-PPV power were real last night.

2022-6-6-Mon-FinalCable-LSD.png

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised. WWE fans these days eat up all that bullshit Cody does to get the crowd to cheer for him. I honestly believe Cody would cut off an earlobe if it would get him a pop.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Also let's not pretend that it's false a lot of the "Fuck WWE" AEW crew quite comfortably tune into RAW everytime something remotely interesting happen. Hate watch or not, they help quite a bit.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
No NHL tonight, but game 3 of the NBA finals is on at 9pm. Expect Tony to frontload Dynamite today as usual.

Darkgable

Nov 3, 2017
Can't wait for the 'Countdown To Cody' segments to start when he updates us on the percentage of his pec healing ala RKO.

That WILL put butts on seats...

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
1st of the Night on Cable
giWJONY.png

I know people like Dave was saying they were going to be killed. But looks like they did fine for the most part.

Last edited:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Boom goes the Dynamite.

It likely would've been well over a million if not for the Finals. The good news is that last night was the last time the NBA Finals will be on a Wednesday. But there will likely be a Stanley Cup game on a Wednesday near the end of the month.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
With the NBA not eating up over 11.5 million viewers next week, and with it being a special themed show, you have to figure Dynamite sees an increase next time out, too.

Doesn't seem like the NHL Finals will be on that day either. We'll see.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I think its also important to note this was the most interesting dynamite in a while. Like all the stuff last week meant a lot of interesting stuff was going to happen by necessity this week.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Game 1 of the NHL Finals is this Wednesday at 8pm, so Dynamite will definitely take a hit from that. Can't wait for basketball and hockey playoff season to be over so we get a better idea of where Dynamite actually stands. LOL.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
2nd on Cable
They got murdered by the Stanley Cup finals

Oof. What else was on in addition to hockey? That's a pretty steep drop from last week. Doesn't feel like it would be a show quality thing with that much of a difference from one week to the next.

Gonna be interested to see how they do once there are no playoff sports going on.

Last edited:

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
not that this is related directly to the ratings, but to be honest I have been curious how the more casual audiences would respond to the lead up to Forbidden Door, last nights show was a good example of it. I loved it and I don't really follow NJPW super closely, but I wondered if the way it was presented could be confusing to people who only watch AEW.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
Bad night for cable in general with the NHL Finals. Unfortunately, game 4 is next Wednesday but that will be the last week NHL will be on and NBA will be done too. The numbers will jump back up after that but yeah, that's a surprisingly big drop. Very random.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I've seen takes from multiple people who don't watch New Japan who are finding this stuff exciting. Haven't really seen many "I don't care about this" takes, but those people might just be silent.

One more week of NHL playoffs guaranteed. Game 4 next Wednesday. What luck.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
That's a weird number. They've done better against the NBA and that had far more viewers.
I assume It's because the NBA games normally start an hour into Dynamite. If you look at the quarter hours for those shows the audience does drop when the game comes on.
The Stanley Cup came on at 8pm. So it went against the entirety of Dynamite instead of an hour of it.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can they bring back MJF soon? And kill this dumb worked shoot in the process

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
no one but the most hardcore people care or know who any of these njpw guys are, sorry.

I have zero interest in whoever Moxley is facing, yet its supposed to be for the title. They dont do a good job explaining who is on the show and we're all just supposed to understand. that doesnt help casuals at all.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
no one but the most hardcore people care or know who any of these njpw guys are, sorry.

I have zero interest in whoever Moxley is facing, yet its supposed to be for the title. They dont do a good job explaining who is on the show and we're all just supposed to understand. that doesnt help casuals at all.

Well, they've had a tough job in explainin who's who with just how many AEW people, let alone bringing NJPW wrestlers lol

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
May have been the only person in Denver not watching the Finals last night, lol.

I didn't either until the very brief overtime period.

Last week they ran against the NBA Finals, and still nearly pulled a million. But I can assure you that pretty much the entire state of Colorado likely didn't watch anything but the Stanley Cup Finals last night.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
AEW ratings are weird, they can get a solid rating with a thrown together show like last week and get a weak rating with a stacked show like last night.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
NBA Finals have also been starting at 9pm while the NHL started at 8pm, same time as Dynamite. Definitely a partial reason/explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.