• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
LMFAO

They got a lower rating during prime time in the key demo than an episode of Rampage that aired in the middle of the day when almost no one was at home to see it.

Eat shit WWE

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
And the number of people who are either at work/school or coming home during that time slot is far, far greater than the number of people who were tuning into NBA/NHL playoff games.

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Hope the Pens have the game well in hand when Dynamite starts or there's going to be record low ratings!!

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

Hell of a show last night. NHL + NBA playoffs doing a number. Dynamite last week did 833k and 0.32, so they basically held steady.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2022-5-11-Wed-FinalCable-LSD.png

Beat out NHL in the demo.

Jan 31, 2018
Both next week and the June 1 (the one in LA) shows will not be competing against the NBA so the ratings of those shows will be very interesting

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Those NBA numbers keep climbing. Over 9 mil total between the two games is huge. Was in the 6-7 mil range not that long ago.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
No NBA playoff game on Wednesday next week by the way.
Is that decided already? I thought it depends on when the current series end so the conference finals start dates arent set in yet

One thing for sure is that WWE is praying Warriors win in 6, going up against a game 7 Warriors game with the chance of them blowing another 3-1 lead is scary

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Is that decided already? I thought it depends on when the current series end so the conference finals start dates arent set in yet

One thing for sure is that WWE is praying Warriors win in 6, going up against a game 7 Warriors game with the chance of them blowing another 3-1 lead is scary

Game 7s for this round would take place during Sunday and the Warriors game would be on Monday. I show it listed on the link below that the if the Warriors win Game 6, the Western Conference Finals would start on Monday. If not, it would start on Thursday. The Eastern Conference Finals starts on Tuesday regardless.

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-playoff-tv-schedule-2022-espn-abc-tnt-streaming/

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
So, no NBA competition for Raw this week, but game 1 of the western conference finals for Dynamite. Expect a boost for Raw and another 800s number for Dynamite.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
No NHL or NBA last night. Doesn't look that good to me with that in mind, but I imagine they'll be first on the night.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
That should be a disappointing number for WWE, they had the night to themselves, zero major sports or news stories

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
The time slot with his segment was the 10:00 pm hour which had the lowest total viewers and a drop everywhere except for females. That was likely due to the main event.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Hour 1: 1.749 (0.44)
Hour 2: 1.816 (0.46)
Hour 3: 1.646 (0.46)

Top 3 spots on the night, and hour 1 was actually the lowest in the demo.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The NHL game started at 7:30pm and the NBA game started at 9pm. They had at least the first hour without the NBA, which likely helped, but that's still a solid and even great number. Would like to see the demo increase a bit moving forward, but I know that's up in the air until the playoffs are over.

For comparison, last year's May 19th, 2021 edition of Dynamite drew 821,000 and a 0.28 against an NBA playoff game that drew 2.3 million total viewers. To be fair, this was a massive drop from the week before, which saw 936,000 and a 0.38.

Aaaand one more point of comparison: The May 20th, 2020 episode of Dynamite (with NXT as competition) did 701,000 and a 0.26.

Anyway, considering how Raw keeps dropping and seems to be struggling to hit 1.8 million again, AEW staying steady at around the 900k mark and potentially growing past the 1 million mark in the future are both good signs in my book.

In year-over-year figures, we are heading into the time of year where Dynamite dipped into record lows last year due to moving to Fridays/Saturdays/etc. due to the NBA playoffs. So happy we don't have to deal with that this year!

EDIT: Screw it. Gonna be a nerd about it.

Last edited:

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Someone posted the Dynamite quarters on Reddit.
The fact that the main event was barley 10 min., unfortunately it looks like the Deeb promo turned off a lot of people.

rvip9iphun091.png

I was there live, even the crowd lost a lot of hype around then and in person when Cole jumped Hardy the crowd weren't happy they couldn't get involved with his entrance. They also had a man near the camera guy at ringside doing what seemed like a "speed it up" gesture to Dustin and deeb while in the ring so I figured maybe something went long and they rushed the main event.

Still as an aside I had a lot of fun at the show and enjoyed rampage even though a lot of the crowd left before they started rampage.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Someone posted the Dynamite quarters on Reddit.
The fact that the main event was barley 10 min., unfortunately it looks like the Deeb promo turned off a lot of people.

rvip9iphun091.png

Hangman and Takeshita babyyyyyyyy. The basketball game started in the final 30 minutes, too. Hmm. Curious to see what happens next week when the basketball game starts at 8:30 and not 9:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.