• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Hourly averages for Raw

1: 1.804 (0.50)
2: 1.685 (0.48)
3: 1.456 (0.44)

Still #3, 4, and 5 on the night, but that third hour total viewership drop = WOOF.

Fully expecting Dynamite to dip below 900k this Wednesday. Anything higher would be impressive in my eyes.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't realise the demo for Raw and Smackdown has been pretty much identical for the last few weeks. Seems like that's a drop in the smack down average and an uptick in the raw demo. Will be interesting how that goes in the next few weeks, now that we are fully out of mania season.

I expected the post mania drop for raw but not this much, this quickly. Especially after the post mania raw did so well.

If I was WWE I would move Money in the Bank to the post mania PPV, give it a 5 week build and have qualifying matches on each show. Each show has 4 wrestlers and you could make it a bit of a tournament to make it into the Money4.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Was Cody not on the show?

Opening segment and main event. But the third hour was up against two NBA games at once, I believe. And Better Call Saul came back or something. Fully expect Raw to bounce back a bit next week, but if they did drop below 1.6 mil, that…would be something. Could see Vince starting to reach for the Cody plug if that were to happen.

GravaGravity

Oct 27, 2017
if all is right and just, this tweet should get them a $200m+ per year TV deal

You'd be hard pressed to find growth like that in any other sport or tv show. Certainly not for WWE.
please AEW lacks what's most important in the TV business:
SUPERBOWL BEATING SOCIAL MEDIA ENGAGEMENT!
YOUNG UP-AND-COMING SUPERSTARS LIKE EDGE AND STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN!
THE ROCK MIGHT SHOW UP ONE DAY, WE HAVE HIS EGG/COUSIN!

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
if all is right and just, this tweet should get them a $200m+ per year TV deal

You'd be hard pressed to find growth like that in any other sport or tv show. Certainly not for WWE.
Brandon talked about his expectations a few days ago and he thinks they are likely to get around $153m with their new deal which is about a x3.5 multiplier.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Dynamite will be going against Nets/Celtics ( and to a lesser extend Sixers/Raptors) tonight, I'm honestly expecting about 750k

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
The Raw number is pretty expected overall with the basketball playoffs here and the Mania season now several weeks behind them. However, that third hour drop is pretty eye opening considering they opened the show with a segment building Cody against a mystery opponent in the main event and a sizeable portion of the audience said no thanks

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The Raw number is pretty expected overall with the basketball playoffs here and the Mania season now several weeks behind them. However, that third hour drop is pretty eye opening considering they opened the show with a segment building Cody against a mystery opponent in the main event and a sizeable portion of the audience said no thanks

This is what I alluded to earlier. It looks like an aberration for one week, but if this happens again? You can see Vince already reaching for the Cody plug.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
2.4 million people were watching Raw at its peak on April 4th, yet only 1.8 stuck around for Roman's closing segment

a 600k drop it's clear Roman isn't a draw, It's not like crazy third hour drops is the norm for Raw or anything and one of many reasons why people say they should go back to 2 hours

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
2.4 million people were watching Raw at its peak on April 4th, yet only 1.8 stuck around for Roman's closing segment

a 600k drop it's clear Roman isn't a draw, It's not like crazy third hour drops is the norm for Raw or anything and one of many reasons why people say they should go back to 2 hours

Dipping into 1.4 mil territory outside of MNF season does raise an eyebrow regardless of the show typically dropping in the third hour, no? Playoff basketball and overall TV context is definitely a factor, too, of course.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The final quarter of Raw dipped juuuuust below 1.4 million. Damn.

Dynamite in the 700s or 800s tonight shouldn't surprise anyone. Expecting mid 800s.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
It was 4th of the night behind the NBA
930,000 viewers
0.37 in P18-49
kq28jxjiwxu81.png

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Well it's definitely pulling better numbers on TBS during NBA season than it was being displaced all last season - hell yeah. I bet Warner are stoked to have 4 of the 5 top spots on cable.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
A day old and slightly off topic, but Young Rock could be in some trouble. A .32 rating and 1.9 million viewers at 8 p.m. on NBC is not good at all

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
The "Cody is a draw" train fell off the tracks after not even a month.

Good number for Dynamite, especially with Nets/Celtics as competition.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Gonna be curious to see the quarter hours. There was a lot of interesting stuff on the show last night.

MJF/Wardlow
Punk/Dustin
HOOK/Danhausen
Coffin match
Britt return
BCC
Khan announcement

Etc.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Yo - that is a win for Dynamite.

I think the core problem with "Cody is a draw" isn't that it was untrue - it was that lapsed WWE fans tuned in for a few weeks and saw Raw and went back to AEW where they have been hanging out for the last 2.5 years.

Even here on Era the morbid curiosity viewers stopped watching.

UmbranUndying

Feb 20, 2022
Honestly, even though I am a fan of Cody's, I've only ever seen his new WWE stuff on YouTube. There'd have to be months-to-years of good WoM surrounding WWE to make me ever consider watching it live ever again. It's just a top to bottom product that I have no interest in, even if I like a lot of the talent on the roster. I can't imagine curious AEW fans, lapsed fans who would tune in for a returning name, etc., having a much longer interest than I do.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Honestly, even though I am a fan of Cody's, I've only ever seen his new WWE stuff on YouTube. There'd have to be months-to-years of good WoM surrounding WWE to make me ever consider watching it live ever again. It's just a top to bottom product that I have no interest in, even if I like a lot of the talent on the roster. I can't imagine curious AEW fans, lapsed fans who would tune in for a returning name, etc., having a much longer interest than I do.

I'm with you. I watched his Mania match through other means and saw his first Raw promo on YT, but I haven't watched anything since, and I haven't felt compelled to seek it out outside of listening to a rundown on a podcast. And I also generally like Cody. It just quickly sunk in that the company he works for is still WWE, and they're...well, not my jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.