• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Gonna be curious to see the Dynamite number whenever it becomes available. I fear the second half of last night's show might see a pretty significant drop. Penta segments usually do well because he looks cool as hell, but the HoB segments haven't been doing as well lately…and don't think people care as much about Starks and 10 as I do. Nevermind the crowd being dead for a large portion of that second hour.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Oh good god, I hope y'all really don't think the absence of Cody is to blame for last week's rating. Cody wasn't on the last few episodes that had big ratings either.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I can see the second hour dropping off. The top of the hour was timed strangely. CP Punk came out but it was the end of the MJF promo.
I found that house of black v death triangle match really boring and had zero heat from the crowd, apart from the end. So that could be another drop off
Also what is with the crowds since the turn of the year. I felt like they used to be with AEW but they seemed to have got less passionate and more antagonistic.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
It would not shock me if the second hour had lower ratings because everyone switched to watch the news.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I can see the second hour dropping off. The top of the hour was timed strangely. CP Punk came out but it was the end of the MJF promo.
I found that house of black v death triangle match really boring and had zero heat from the crowd, apart from the end. So that could be another drop off
Also what is with the crowds since the turn of the year. I felt like they used to be with AEW but they seemed to have got less passionate and more antagonistic.

Actually, the last two crowds on Dynamite have been red hot throughout. Last night was strange as the crowd seemed to die for good after that Eddie and Jericho segment. But they were up for Hangman, MJF, Punk, Buddy, and the opening tag match. I take it to mean some crowds just tire out faster than others.

Also, it's been proven that major news has more of an effect on AEW ratings than WWE ratings, so I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped when news of war broke.

Razorskin

Oct 25, 2017
Prediction: sub 1 million, Tony begs Cody to come back and is guaranteed his own 1 hour slot on dynamite for the Codyverse.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be curious to see the Dynamite number whenever it becomes available. I fear the second half of last night's show might see a pretty significant drop. Penta segments usually do well because he looks cool as hell, but the HoB segments haven't been doing as well lately…and don't think people care as much about Starks and 10 as I do. Nevermind the crowd being dead for a large portion of that second hour.
News might play a part as well, particularly for the west coast where shit would have started hitting the fan right before Dynamite was starting for them

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Actually, the last two crowds on Dynamite have been red hot throughout. Last night was strange as the crowd seemed to die for good after that Eddie and Jericho segment. But they were up for Hangman, MJF, Punk, Buddy, and the opening tag match. I take it to mean some crowds just tire out faster than others.

Also, it's been proven that major news has more of an effect on AEW ratings than WWE ratings, so I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped when news of war broke.
I should have clarified I didn't mean all crowds. Just in general that has been a shift since the start of the year.

Last night's crowd was as hot as I can remember for some bits and ice cold for others. It was an unusual one.

I wonder if the change is crowds could be attributed to the start of rampage. The first hour was hot but then to think you have another 2 hours to go. I don't think I'd want to see more than 2 and half hours of wrestling at a show.

Good point about the news coverage.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
15f37c9ce2d3f150327007586064.gif

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Much better number than folks here were expecting. Just a weird fluky week or a miscalculation with nielson boxes I guess.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Considering dynamite was ranked 3rd last week, I'm not sure why people were getting worried or thinking the show was doomed without Cody. It obviously just had strong competition.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
Very surprised at the good overall number and demo. I'm glad it was a good show to go with it. I wonder what the quarter hours will break down to, in relation to the news coverage

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Every few weeks there's an AEW show that performs worse than usual, and the next week it's back to where it was. It's a weirdly consistent pattern

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
And like I said, people aren't tuning out of Dynamite because of Cody. It was just an anomaly due to the big market NBA games and the finals of the Olympics.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
AEW is always gonna have weird random little downs every once in a while just because of what it tends to go up against.

But even when it's "down," it still ends up being in the top 5ish of the night, so.

Bacalao

Oct 27, 2017
Nice rebound for AEW after the kinda disappointing rating last week.

Off topic but it always makes me sick to see how many of Fox News' shows consistently make it to the top 5-10 on these charts.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
Codymaniacs jumping from wrasslin' show to wrasslin' show looking for that hit. The thought of his presence could have saved public access ROH TV.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
This shows perfectly that there is nothing to worry about.

Both last week and this week they were ranked 3rd and yet last week was a 'terrible' number and this week was 'much better'.

TV ebbs and flows and last week was just a low week because of strong competition.

#1 being CNN with the Russian invasion of Ukraine and #2 being LSU-Kentucky, this isn't too bad.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
This shows perfectly that there is nothing to worry about.

Both last week and this week they were ranked 3rd and yet last week was a 'terrible' number and this week was 'much better'.

TV ebbs and flows and last week was just a low week because of strong competition.
I think AEW also got lucky that this was an especially weak week of competition too. The NBA will be back next week and the week after that Survivor and Masked Singer are coming back

So basically what im saying is don't write off the megadraw Cody Rhodes just yet, if the NBA came back a day earlier I would have at least 3 Cody gifs to post

Status
Not open for further replies.