• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Like people thought, last week was just a very weird abnormality.

This week was extremely hyped up, justifiably, and so I would think normal shows will be generally be between last week and this, rather than thinking that last week was necessarily the weird one, much as I'd rather it was.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Big boost. There was lots of intrigue going into the show and it largely ruled, so it's not too surprising, but it is good to see. Expecting a drop for next with just the two things announced so far, but who knows what Rampage has in store.

This could be the most exciting build to a PPV since Revolution 2020.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
men 18-49 for this weeks dynamite was about even with the raw after rumble

one of the biggest raws of the year with super high casual interest, ronda rousey and brock lesnar on par with a dynamite show that is up against olympics, featuring gory self mutilation, the debut of an nxt reject and some dude from japan

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
This week was extremely hyped up, justifiably, and so I would think normal shows will be generally be between last week and this, rather than thinking that last week was necessarily the weird one, much as I'd rather it was.
I get what you mean but last week's show was also a hyped up show with Punk vs MJF. That's why it was deemed a disappointing rating. If last week was a normal show, I think most people wouldn't have given much thought to the viewership being down from the week prio.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
jeyjJvZ.jpg

fyXbHEk.jpg

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Might be time to stop bringing in unknown wrestlers for Jade and Deeb to beat up.

Jade has been a proven draw, so yeah I'd blame the drop on completely random, unknown opponents.

Save the random opponents for Dark. I know you want to give Jade time to work on TV, live, in front of the big crowd, but you have to expect tv audiences to tune out at that point. If she's gonna work Dynamite, she needs to face a full time oppnent that people actually know. Preferably with, you know, some kind of story building up the match.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

www.hollywoodreporter.com

Disney Plans to Spend $33B on Content Next Year

Disney says it will spend $8B more on content in 2022 than 2021, mostly on shows and movies for its streaming platforms.

HBO Max Pledges $18 Billion Spend to Try and Catch Netflix, Disney+

For more crisp and insightful business and economic news, subscribe to The Daily Upside newsletter. It's completely free and we guarantee you'...

deadline.com

Peacock Reaches 9M Stand-Alone Premium Subscribers And 7M More Via Paid Bundles; Comcast Plans 2022 Spending Ramp-Up To $3B

Comcast CEO Brian Roberts reaffirmed the company's streaming approach on NBCUniversal's Peacock and signaled a focus on paid subscribers.

tony-khan-yay.gif

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Probably unpopular opinion but I don't understand what they are doing with Serena Deeb and why she gets as much air time as she does.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
1,219,000 overall and a .44 in 18-49 is the number I want them to consistently beat. It's what they did the first night they went unopposed.

They're getting pretty close to it again.

They've actually gotten a .44 before without 1.2 million people watching which I find more impressive tbh.

I don't even know how all of this might be possible with dwindling TV numbers. It's cool that AEW is doing better than they were a year ago, but yeah, have to keep the NXT context in mind. Either way, #1 on cable is pretty great.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Probably unpopular opinion but I don't understand what they are doing with Serena Deeb and why she gets as much air time as she does.

Because she's the most talented women's wrestler on the roster, and the reason they didn't push her before now is because she had no mic skills back then. Granted, I'd rather see her in a legit feud instead of some rookie challenge, but I'm 99% sure this is going to lead to her facing an incoming wrestler like Taya Valkyrie or Ember Moon.

Oct 27, 2017
Because she's the most talented women's wrestler on the roster, and the reason they didn't push her before now is because she had no mic skills back then. Granted, I'd rather see her in a legit feud instead of some rookie challenge, but I'm 99% sure this is going to lead to her facing an incoming wrestler like Taya Valkyrie or Ember Moon.
The "There's no one in the back on my level" when she's not a champion is kind of goofy but I also don't think she's ever fought any of the current champions 1 on 1 in an AEW ring. I could be wrong about that stat though.

But that line had me thinking that there's no way this isn't a build to someone new coming in and either taking her over the 5 minutes or straight up beating her.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Biggest growth of the night being +30% in females 18-34 for Hangman/Archer is pretty interesting. Young women love that cowboy shit.

It also kind of goes against that whole "bloody matches scares women off" some people believe.

To me the most interesting bit is that the whole MJF segment really put people off. I think that the show was well booked, but seems that a long promo segment is not a good way to open the show.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
It also kind of goes against that whole "bloody matches scares women off" some people believe.

To me the most interesting bit is that the whole MJF segment really put people off. I think that the show was well booked, but seems that a long promo segment is not a good way to open the show.
Dynamite always loses a bunch of viewers after the very beginning of the show. The lead-
in from The Big Bang Theory is pretty big, but those viewers don't stick around to watch wrestling.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Dynamite always loses a bunch of viewers after the very beginning of the show. The lead-
in from The Big Bang Theory is pretty big, but those viewers don't stick around to watch wrestling.

Well, part of the challenge is to bring new people to watch this silly form of entertainment. A portion of that lead-in being caught with some great promo/match that immediatly catches the eye will end up happening at some point

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Enjoyed the show as a standard Rampage, so those just look like standard Rampage numbers. Lowest in 7 weeks isn't the end of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.