• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2021-8-23-Mon-FinalCable-LSD.png

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. People actively tuning in to watch garbage after witnessing that pretty garbage PPV. But it's a one week pop, and it'll go back down next week.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. People actively tuning in to watch garbage after witnessing that pretty garbage PPV. But it's a one week pop, and it'll go back down next week.
Typical post PPV rating bump, next week is back to the norm going down. LOL

I expect SD to also get a big rating bump (Becky and Brock might show up there)

Tomorrow is Punk's Dynamite Debut, so it will be interesting to see the numbers for Wednesday and Friday night.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Gross numbers for raw

most of the buzz coming out of the weekend was on: cm punk, cena, reigns, becky, goldberg and brock

how many of those names were on raw?

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I think if Punk debuted on Dynamite instead of Rampage they probably would've done over 2 million easy. Definitely curious what the number will be tonight though. 1.5 million kind of seems like a lot when we've already heard from him.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
I think if Punk debuted on Dynamite instead of Rampage they probably would've done over 2 million easy. Definitely curious what the number will be tonight though. 1.5 million kind of seems like a lot when we've already heard from him.

My thoughts are we're going to get the regular AEW fans (which puts us at 900k-1M to start), CM Punk fans who missed Rampage live due to the time it was on/uncertainty on Punk showing up/etc., and those CM Punk fans who are invested tuning in to see what Punk does next. Not having a WWE show counter programming will probably help as well.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Tonight's rating is going to be really hard to predict. It's a weak card, and the Challenge is on, which are two things that historically hurt the ratings. On the other hand, Punk did unbelievable numbers on Rampage at 10 on a Friday night.

My gut feeling is it ends up averaging around 1.2-1.3. But hype and a hot product can lead to incredible numbers, so we'll see.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
The wrestleERA thread was livelier than it had been for a long time. This summerslam must have caught on with the casuals.

There are a couple of possibilities

One is that Raw, while objectively trash, is still attractive to people.
Second is that the recent bump in interest in Wrestling (mainly CM Punk debut being the talk of the week) also drags WWE ratings up in curiosity.

If the first one holds, we'll see the bump in rating staying or improving. If the second one is, we'll probably see a drop again.

In any case, as much as everybody wants WWE to crash and burn, all three main shows are relatively doing well overall. We shouldn't be surprised to see even the worst of the bunch doing well too.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
There are a couple of possibilities

One is that Raw, while objectively trash, is still attractive to people.
Second is that the recent bump in interest in Wrestling (mainly CM Punk debut being the talk of the week) also drags WWE ratings up in curiosity.

If the first one holds, we'll see the bump in rating staying or improving. If the second one is, we'll probably see a drop again.

In any case, as much as everybody wants WWE to crash and burn, all three main shows are relatively doing well overall. We shouldn't be surprised to see even the worst of the bunch doing well too.
I think it's simple as raw was really hot last weekend and to the average person Raw is the flagship wrestling show. Hopefully we see a drop next week to highlight that the average person interested in wrestling has better taste than to stick watching raw.

Dynamite, Smack down and Rampage rating are going to be super interesting for various reasons this week.

Dynamite because of CM Punk, people actually knowing he'll be there.
Smack down to see what the Becky and Brock bump will be (from a stats perspective I wish they had come back at different times to see how each performed separately)
Rampage due to it being the first taped show and will it hold onto any viewers from last week or crash down into the expected 600k area.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that was a strangely booked show IMO for capitalising on the Punk interest. Over a million I'm sure, but I'm not sure how far over. Anything over 1.2 I'll be happy with. More interested to see if that show attracted new viewers to stick around next week.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1.1-1.2 most likely. One of the worst Dynamites in recent memory so it's a terrible way to keep those fans that came for Punk.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
they'll have another chance when they bring bryan in

and flair in

and wyatt in

and rey mysterio jr in

darfox8

Nov 5, 2017
USA
While I didn't think it was a great Dynamite, I feel like overall show quality is going to have little to do with this episode's pop. Maybe long term but anybody who is in exclusively for Punk would have tuned out either way after his segment, and anyone who was legit going to try this show out hung on probably.

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really surprised to hear all the negative comments about the show. I thought it was an okay show. Fun match to start off with. Good Punk segment. Jamie Haytor looking strong in her first match. Cool Miro promo. I might be the only one but I find QT Marshall to be good heel cause I love seeing him get beat. Fenix is absolutely amazing and I loved seeing the bucks get embarrassed. The Christian, Kenny and Calli's promo was hilarious. It's always fun to see Mix, Kingston and Darby wrestle.

Still I think the show will averaged about 1.2 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.