• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
fvMC6uX.png

WanderingVoid

Feb 24, 2021
Over 1.3 million viewers for Punk's segment is insane! And just great total viewer and demo numbers for AEW in that timeslot.

Roman just comes off as total tool with this...lol.

Last edited:

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Crazy number. Higher that anybody had predicted pretty much. And that was without ever saying his name on TV!

Now let's see how he moves the needle on Dynamite and PPV!

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
The actual demo viewers for the Punk segment is higher than some OVERALL Dynamite shows viewership. And on a traditional Friday death slot.

That's insane. Now imagine if Punk could actually move the needle what the number would have been.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that they surpassed 1 million viewers (an arbitrary number appointed by those arguing in bad faith, mind you) on a bad weekday at a death hour *without actually advertising CM Punk* is nothing short of incredible. I imagine that Dynamite won't be dipping below 1 mil total viewers for a fair amount of time.

I know this won't matter to those who will move the goal post, but truly, kudos to AEW.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Gonna end up a situation where the WWE can't run Pittsburgh, can't run Chicago, can't run Jacksonville, etc. etc.

Sammy might get H-Town off limits to them as well and Austin/Dallas seem to be squarely AEW territory as well.

I'd assume Rosa will get San Antonio flipped as well.

At some point AEW is going to have to hit the West Coast. They have a lot of LA based talent.

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017
Gonna end up a situation where the WWE can't run Pittsburgh, can't run Chicago, can't run Jacksonville, etc. etc.

WWE crowds were already hurting in Pittsburgh before Britt took off. Honestly, with the right angle & card; I don't see a reason AEW couldn't run PPG Paints Arena over Petersen Events Center. But, they've seem to found a stronghold in that building & it fits the intimate setting of AEW.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Sammy might get H-Town off limits to them as well and Austin/Dallas seem to be squarely AEW territory as well.

I'd assume Rosa will get San Antonio flipped as well.

At some point AEW is going to have to hit the West Coast. They have a lot of LA based talent.

You have to think they are going to ramp up for a huge Los Angeles show, given that a big part of AEW's core are PWG alumni

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
WWE crowds were already hurting in Pittsburgh before Britt took off. Honestly, with the right angle & card; I don't see a reason AEW couldn't run PPG Paints Arena over Petersen Events Center. But, they've seem to found a stronghold in that building & it fits the intimate setting of AEW.

I'm also going to wager these college campus arenas cost less to rent out and run than the bigger venues. They're playing expectations low in a lot of these markets rather than going big and only selling half the arena out.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
Well shit, Brandon's stats show they were over 1 million the ENTIRE SHOW. Low segment was Q3 with just over a million. Q2 was in the 1.1 million range and Q4 was slightly above Q3.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if WWE had an exclusive agreement with the bigger arena - I'd heard that was a thing around AEW's launch. If it's true, I guess they'd try to extend those even if it's just to make things awkward for AEW.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
fucking football

completely shits on everything else on friday, at least

please tnt give big tony the big money and renew rampage early, just look at these first two weeks! what more do you need to see?

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
842k in the key demo is bonkers.

I know they're going against the Summerslam post show, which will probably get a decent bump, but this just might be the week AEW beats Raw in the demos.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
AEW Rampage

Based on the top ten markets, households were up 57.5% from the debut week while 18-49 was up 50%.

A correction from our Saturday night show when we said Chicago did a 1.3 rating, it was actually a 1.1 rating but scored a 1.3 in 18-49, which is actually more impressive and phenomenal.

That also greatly skewed the top ten so the increases are probably going to be less than indicated.

Chicago was up 53% in homes watching and 160% in 18-49 from week one. Dallas doubled its first weekend while DC was up 250% in homes. Atlanta and DC also more than doubled in 18-49 but most other markets were only marginally up.

Early market specific ratings for WWE SmackDown, AEW Rampage

Dave Meltzer provides some early market-by-market rating notes for both WWE SmackDown and AEW Rampage.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
842k in the key demo is bonkers.

I know they're going against the Summerslam post show, which will probably get a decent bump, but this just might be the week AEW beats Raw in the demos.
Maybe but Brandon from Wrestlenomics just did a stream and showed that on average, Raw gets a 10%-20% bump for the post summerslam Raw so it will be though.

Deleted member 34788

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
Road to 2 million for dynamite well underway.

Still haven't had the NJPW x AEW dream matches happen yet. Still haven't had D Bry debut yet. Still haven't had hangman with the belt yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.