• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
Not really surprised to see the early numbers looking higher than a lot of people expected. This isn't just an Andrade or Black jumping ship. This is the biggest thing AEW's ever done. You can see that with all the media attention it's getting, all the views it's getting on social media, how many people have been posting here tuning back into wrestling for the first time in a long time. Punk and soon Danielson are the types of moves that actually make a noticeable difference in viewership. It's pulling in additional lapsed fans and WWE fans that haven't gotten on board yet.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Not really surprised to see the early numbers looking higher than a lot of people expected. This isn't just an Andrade or Black jumping ship. This is the biggest thing AEW's ever done. You can see that with all the media attention it's getting, all the views it's getting on social media, how many people have been posting here tuning back into wrestling for the first time in a long time. Punk and soon Danielson are the types of moves that actually make a noticeable difference in viewership. It's pulling in additional lapsed fans and WWE fans that haven't gotten on board yet.

You love to see it. By the sounds of it, a million is a lock, which would be amazing if Punk managed to pull in over 250,000 or 300,000 on a Friday night. Dynamite is going to be huge.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Chris Harrington who works for AEW and deals with their analytics posted this in response to the Rampage ratings tweets from Trevor Dame.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

crying_fandwkev.jpg

we did it era

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Wow indeed - amazing number and that 18-49 rating is huge.

Hopefully AEW and TNT are going all out (no pun intended) with "See CM Punk on Dynamite this Wednesday" ads.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I am now curious what the number would have been if they had advertised and heavily marketed the fact that he was going to be there. Could they have beaten Smackdown?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
that demo takes a steaming dump on most weeks of raw. 10pm on a fucking friday for a promotion that isn't even 2 years old

soon it will become the norm

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I am now curious what the number would have been if they had advertised and heavily marketed the fact that he was going to be there. Could they have beaten Smackdown?
Who knows, but honestly I wouldn't have changed it. This way there is hype at being rewarded for tuning in.

Dynamite ratings are going to be SUPER interesting to see considering it's a much better timeslot and people actually know he is there now.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
legit amazing numbers. especially the demo considering the night and time. aew on cable almost equaling the smackdown demo on a real-ass network is hilarious. and i'm pretty sure tnt/warner are ecstatic with those numbers.

and they still got bryan/flair/cole and other debuts in their back pocket. and and not even considering the slow burn on all the forbidden door stuff.

year three of this is shit is gonna be crazy isn't it? man...

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They did this in a dead time slot without actually advertising Punk. Absolutely insane.

I can't wait to see the numbers for Wednesday. It's said pretty much every day but what a fun time to be a wrestling fan.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
legit amazing numbers. especially the demo considering the night and time. aew on cable almost equaling the smackdown demo on a real-ass network is hilarious. and i'm pretty sure tnt/warner are ecstatic with those numbers.

and they still got bryan/flair/cole and other debuts in their back pocket. and and not even considering the slow burn on all the forbidden door stuff.

year three of this is shit is gonna be crazy isn't it? man...
Don't forget about Malakai and Hangman Page.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Someone mentioned this on discord, but if you're WWE can you even run Chicago now?

Status
Not open for further replies.