• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
From WrestleNomics

Q1: 942/516 - Mox vs. Anderson

Q2: 861/454 - Archer promo, Andrade promo, Cage vs. Starks (last 8 minutes of quarter)

Q3: 1,019/510 - Cage vs Starks (first 4 minutes of quarter), Cody/Black angle, PnP/Tully angle, Hangman entrance

Q4: 1,120/586 - Page/Omega angle, Jericho MJF angle, Hardy and Christian entrances

Q5: 1,120/567 - Hardy vs. Christian, Miro promo

Q6: 1,133/564 - Britt/Vickie/Nyla promos, Mox promo, Sammy vs. Yuta, QT Marshall promo

Q7: 1,003/469 - Yuka vs. Penelope (including ad breaks before and after match)

Q8: 1,002/479 - Darby/Page

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing that they went up even after the game started.

And NXT could barely scrape 700k even with a title match.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I love that aew has rotating stars and leaves u wanting more

No OC or Miro or Jungle Boy or Acclaimed in action this week but Im desperate to see them soon. Kinda worried about rampage overexposing stars tho

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I was doing my usual hobby of checking Alvares responses on the ratings thread. The usual pro WWE fanboys are quite quiet compared to before so it seems even they are struggling to keep up the act.

I did however come across the term 'Vincels' for them which is pretty damn good 😂

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, looks like people tuned in during the end of Cage and Starks. Hot crowd must have gotten some WOM going. Page and Omega being a hit feud is so relieving.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Not exactly ratings related, but in lieu of a ticket sales thread:

CMPunkSpeaksVolumes.gif

kradical

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

There's always an excuse. If people were excited to go to the show getting a COVID test would be no hardship, and aren't most people in New York already vaccinated?
It's WWE in MSG ffs.
WWE deliberately booked MSG the week before the first AEW show in New York to try to sabotage their ticket sales, but the attempt failed miserably.

Last edited:

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
There's always an excuse. If people were excited to go to the show getting a COVID test would be no hardship, and aren't most people in New York already vaccinated?
It's WWE in MSG ffs.

Not to mention that those under 16 just have to present proof of a negative antigen or PCR COVID-19 test, or full vaccination as per MSG's FAQ, so guy isn't even right. It's actually easier for under 16 to get in than 16+, they have more options.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
All that tells me is that people who are vaccinated in NYC aren't exactly clamoring to attend a WWE event, even in MSG.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Expected with the return of live crowds. It'll last a bit coming out of MitB and going into Summerslam. Time will tell, of course.
Yeah I expect it will last a little while, between crowds, ppvs and returning names like Cena and Goldberg they have enough to keep the typical WWE fans tuned in.

From what I have seen far though, other than having fans (which they still used fake crowd noises for) Smackdown was just a typical show so once they get past the shock value of all this change I can see it start to creep back down again when people realise the shows are still shit.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I expect those numbers to go down once the allure of live crowds have disappeared, because it was a pretty mediocre show based on the reviews I've seen of it.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Smackdown was pretty decent. It has consistently been decent for a while. Doesn't has the same highs as Dynamite has had this year, but it's far from the lows of Raw (or even some lows of Dynamite too).

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Any Raw ratings predictions? For context from last week...

"WWE Monday Night RAW episode of 12 July 2021 had an average viewership of 1.609 million over three hours of the show. The 18-49 demographic rating is 0.43.
  • vs last week – Up by 9.31% and 137,000 viewers ( 1.472 million viewers on 5 July 2021)
  • vs last year – up by 3.07% and 48,000 viewers (1.561 million viewers on 13 July 2020)"
I'm thinking they get a supercharged boost up to 1.9 million. Anything below 1.8 will be laughable.

Anyone think they'll hit the 2 million mark for overnight viewers?

For a longer history, go here:
www.itnwwe.com

WWE RAW Latest & All-Time TV Viewerships & Ratings

Check out the complete WWE Raw ratings & viewership for current Raw episodes & all time ratings for 18-49 demographic year by year and week by week.

Last time they hit 2 million was April 12th.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it will be big but oh boy the next one is going to get the rating it deserves if all the reactions I saw in that wrestling thread echo a large part of the fans' sentiments.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
Any Raw ratings predictions? For context from last week...

"WWE Monday Night RAW episode of 12 July 2021 had an average viewership of 1.609 million over three hours of the show. The 18-49 demographic rating is 0.43.
  • vs last week – Up by 9.31% and 137,000 viewers ( 1.472 million viewers on 5 July 2021)
  • vs last year – up by 3.07% and 48,000 viewers (1.561 million viewers on 13 July 2020)"
I'm thinking they get a supercharged boost up to 1.9 million. Anything below 1.8 will be laughable.

Anyone think they'll hit the 2 million mark for overnight viewers?

For a longer history, go here:
www.itnwwe.com

WWE RAW Latest & All-Time TV Viewerships & Ratings

Check out the complete WWE Raw ratings & viewership for current Raw episodes & all time ratings for 18-49 demographic year by year and week by week.

Last time they hit 2 million was April 12th.
I think they hit 2 million easy. Cena's a massive draw. Maybe even Goldberg, no idea if people still want to see him though. I think the Cena bump lasts till a couple weeks after Summerslam then things crap out again especially as football season starts back up.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I think 2.1M. People expected Cena, Becky, and other surprise (they promised 3). And Money in the Bank PPV still has a healthy post PPV bump, so yeah, it should be WAY up.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
A reminder that Smackdown got 2.3 million last Friday.

"WWE SmackDown's final viewership saw the Fox show—WWE's return to live crowds—garner 2.310 million viewers for the go-home show for Money in the Bank 2021.

The number represents the show's best viewership since the January 22 broadcast, and was up 16.31% from last weeks viewership of 1.961 million. SmackDown's 0.66 rating in the 18-49 demographic was up a staggering 37.5% from last week's 0.48 rating, and the total viewership number was up 9.74% compared to SmackDown viewership throughout the pandemic from March 13, 2020 to July 9, 2021."

www.forbes.com

WWE SmackDown Viewership Up Nearly 10% Compared With Pandemic Era

WWE SmackDown viewership was also up over 37% in the 18-49 demo from last week.
---------

...Yeah. Could definitely see Raw hitting 2 million for last night. They would need a 25% increase in viewership, which feels plausible given live fans, Cena, Goldberg, and it being after MitB. I'm going to stick with 1.9 mil.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be their one blip where they get a high rating for Cena, then back to declining the next week because the rest of the show was apparently shit like it always is.

I don't even want to think what NXTs numbers will look like anymore with Vince making the NXT champion look like a chump against a barely used wrestler.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
it'll do a good number. lots of ppl looking to check things out after mitb and the first raw with fans. even i watched it and i haven't watched a raw in years.

they'll do probably do alright up till summerslam

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Would he curious to see the drop off after Cena's segment. You figure Cena easily hit 2 million, but that people left after.

Next week will be interesting.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
That's pretty disappointing for WWE considering the hype involved for the show.

Makes me wonder how quickly they will lose that momentum considering what an overall terrible show it was meant to have been.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I read that they had 4 rematches on Raw after the Cena segment, squashed Keith Lee, brought back Oldberg, made the unlikable NXT champion into a goober, and pretty much did the exact same shit except for Nikki cashing in at the end. But who was going to stick around to see yet another match between those two?

Status
Not open for further replies.