• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
If TNT were to move AEW to a different night can it be assumed WWE would just move NXT to whatever new night is picked just to try and hurt it? They wouldn't leave it alone right?

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
That Cody-Jericho brawl segment is still the greatest AEW moment IMO.

BHcS9PT.jpg

So many memories! Whatever happened to that promotion?

Oct 27, 2017
No, NXT has always come on Wednesday nights dispite people seeming to think so otherwise.

Yeah but Mahonay seems to think it was some plan by Vince to hurt AEW. When it's up to USA what time and how long NXT airs for. Then you add the factor that NXT has always been on Wednesday.

And Tony Khan lesser of two evils. Oh please the loser can't even run Fulham. Last time I checked Shahid Khan not Tony Khan is bankrolling AEW and he's happy to do deals with Saudis, vote for trump and violate human rights with his factories in China and Brazil. Vince is a scumbag, but the Khans aren't any better.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Yeah but Mahonay seems to think it was some plan by Vince to hurt AEW. When it's up to USA what time and how long NXT airs for. Then you add the factor that NXT has always been on Wednesday.

And Tony Khan lesser of two evils. Oh please the loser can't even run Fulham. Last time I checked Shahid Khan not Tony Khan is bankrolling AEW and he's happy to do deals with Saudis, vote for trump and violate human rights with his factories in China and Brazil. Vince is a scumbag, but the Khans aren't any better.
c0d.gif

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
If TNT were to move AEW to a different night can it be assumed WWE would just move NXT to whatever new night is picked just to try and hurt it? They wouldn't leave it alone right?
They'd absolutely move NXT. WWE fanboys love bringing up that NXT was always on Wednesday, as if that means anything. NXT was a taped show on the WWE Network, so it's not like they already had the arena, production, etc. already scheduled beforehand. They could've put it on TV any night they wanted, especially when FOX Sports and USA Network for desperate for more programming. If USA hadn't given them that Wednesday night slot, FOX Sports would've.

Last edited:

Aeon712

May 1, 2018
They'd absolutely move NXT. WWE fanboys love bringing up that NXT was always on Wednesday, as if that means anything. NXT was a taped show on the WWE Network, so it's not like they already had the arena, production, etc. already scheduled beforehand. They could've put it on TV any night they wanted, especially when FOX Sports and USA Network for desperate for more programming. If USA hadn't given them that Wednesday night slot, FOX Sports would've.
A taped show that always aired on Wednesdays, that had a fanbase that was already established to watching new episodes on Wednesday nights.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is still baffling to me how Kenny Omega doesn't feel important at all

After he had his first match in the dome against Okada, and there were rumors of him joining the WWE, the dude was by far the hottest asset in wrestling, I remember him coming to my country and doing a show 2 weeks after its dome match and everyone was fucking crazy for him (sidenote, Kenny Omega is a pretty cool guy, he signed my Ultra Street Fighter IV copy and shouted "Rise From Your Grave" after watching my altered beast hat)

And for AEW I was expecting him to be the central piece of the shows, yet he just feels there, great matches and all that but I really don't care for him at all. Is like AEW is booking him exactly how people said was going to be his fate if he signed for the WWE

fhqwhgads

Oct 28, 2017
I'll take consistently great matches and a slow burn to becoming AEW Champion over jobbing clean to Baron Corbin in five minutes and a pity US Title run that lasts two months.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'll take consistently great matches and a slow burn to becoming AEW Champion over jobbing clean to Baron Corbin in five minutes and a pity US Title run that lasts two months.

What's shocking to me is that no one seems to care about match quality anymore. Kenny's had maybe one mediocre match in ages. It feels more like they want the Roman Reigns rocket, which I guess is an option but if Jericho's not your first champion and Kenny is instead I'm not sure Jericho has a purpose in the company.

He can drop the title and still say "I was AEW's first champion" and have legitimacy, but if he loses to Kenny on Kenny's way to getting the title, I think that's it for him.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
A taped show that always aired on Wednesdays, that had a fanbase that was already established to watching new episodes on Wednesday nights.
A taped show that was uploaded on Wednesday's but its relatively small fanbase could watch whenever they wanted because that's how streaming platforms work. AEW's TV deal was made months before the NXT TV deal happened, so the idea that WWE just happened to choose the same day because that's the day they uploaded shows is laughable. How do you explain the way they rushed it onto TV a couple weeks before Dynamite started? Or the way they booked a huge show to go up against Dynamite's first show? Or how about the way they've hoarded talent who may've otherwise worked for AEW or NJPW? I guess that was just one big coincidence too.

It should blow my mind that there are WWE fanboys out there who're still pushing this bullshit but it really doesn't, they're WWE fanboys for a reason. If AEW had aired on Tuesday's instead, their excuse for NXT also airing on Tuesday's would've just been "well it's just taking Smackdown's slot!"

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kenny omega looks like someone who would be a mid card wrestler in the WWE right now, yet he was touted as the best wrestler in the world while he was in Japan. He has not been anything special since coming to America full-time and in turn has hurt the AEW roster because he is nowhere near as big as people thought he would be. So it's essentially an old out of shape Jericho and Ambrose on top and the rest of the roster are basically unknowns besides Goldust

Also the Wednesday night wars are essentially hard-core fans changing the channel between NXT and AEW, that's not exactly growing the audience

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Kenny is ranked #2 behind Moxley, who will likely be champion soon and Kenny has unfinished business with.
He's been in the last match of a lot of cards, he's getting one of the biggest pops every time out of the entire roster, he's had great matches (with PAC especially) and whether you liked the non sanctioned match or not, it was still a big spotlight match.

He is executive VP of the company, this is how he wants to be booked right now whether you like it or not, Tony ain't forcing him down the card or burying him or anything.

If he went to WWE he'd be cleaning up the dog food after Corbin and Roman's segment and it wouldn't be by choice.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
This Omega talk is non-sense. I don't get how anyone who's watched the product can say Omega is "just a guy" other than they're parroting the wrestling pundit talking point.

He's clearly been booked as a prominent wrestler in the company, he's wrestled as much as just about anyone, he's won as much as just about anyone, he's main evented two of their three PPVs, and he gets big pops on a consistent basis. He's had a few high profile losses- to Jericho, their dominant champion; Moxley, the #1 contender and arguably their biggest star; and Pac, who is another prominently positioned guy in the company. Literally, the only way he could have been booked stronger so far is if they made him champion. The way people are talking about this, you'd think he was wrestling on the pre-shows and jobbing to people at the bottom of the card.

Omega as first champion would have been a reasonable choice, but they went with Jericho which is equally as reasonable. This has been one of the greatest runs of Jericho's illustrious career. He's been an awesome champion, he's elevated numerous guys in the process of being champion (eg Page, Allin, Sky, Jungle Boy, Guevara), and he's been a ratings winner for them too. What's the problem there? The idea that not strapping the rocket to Omega right out the gate is the reason AEW "isn't doing well" is fucking insane. The only guys you can really say they've booked stronger than Omega are Jericho, Moxley, and Cody- who, it turns out, are all established names that have been the only guys consistently drawing viewers for them. It's almost like, they identified who had name value from the start, and pushed them the strongest, to help draw eyes on their product to build an audience. What a shocker?!

And again, this is another one of those things where they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they gave Omega the champion push right away, people would gripe that their EVP booked himself as champion, and they would complain that they're not properly using their real stars like Jericho and Moxley and that they're "just some guys." (which, I realize people are inexplicably saying about Moxley anyway).

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
This Omega talk is non-sense. I don't get how anyone who's watched the product can say Omega is "just a guy" other than they're parroting the wrestling pundit talking point.

He's clearly been booked as a prominent wrestler in the company, he's wrestled as much as just about anyone, he's won as much as just about anyone, he's main evented two of their three PPVs, and he gets big pops on a consistent basis. He's had a few high profile losses- to Jericho, their dominant champion; Moxley, the #1 contender and arguably their biggest star; and Pac, who is another prominently positioned guy in the company. Literally, the only way he could have been booked stronger so far is if they made him champion. The way people are talking about this, you'd think he was wrestling on the pre-shows and jobbing to people at the bottom of the card.

Omega as first champion would have been a reasonable choice, but they went with Jericho which is equally as reasonable. This has been one of the greatest runs of Jericho's illustrious career. He's been an awesome champion, he's elevated numerous guys in the process of being champion (eg Page, Allin, Sky, Jungle Boy, Guevara), and he's been a ratings winner for them too. What's the problem there? The idea that not strapping the rocket to Omega right out the gate is the reason AEW "isn't doing well" is fucking insane. The only guys you can really say they've booked stronger than Omega are Jericho, Moxley, and Cody- who, it turns out, are all established names that have been the only guys consistently drawing viewers for them. It's almost like, they identified who had name value from the start, and pushed them the strongest, to help draw eyes on their product to build an audience. What a shocker?!

And again, this is another one of those things where they're damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they gave Omega the champion push right away, people would gripe that their EVP booked himself as champion, and they would complain that they're not properly using their real stars like Jericho and Moxley and that they're "just some guys." (which, I realize people are inexplicably saying about Moxley anyway).
There is no fucking excuse for Cody booked stronger than Kenny.

Just about 3 or 4 years ago everyone only remember Cody Rhodes as WWE Reject and must reinvent himself at Indies. While Kenny started peaking as hardcore fans darling.

So I'm not gonna eat the "they identify the attraction" crap.

If thats what they do, theyre so up in the Cody's ass then. Like people like me that buying his promo about killing attitude era I guess.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017

Just about 3 or 4 years ago everyone only remember Cody Rhodes as WWE Reject and must reinvent himself at Indies. While Kenny started peaking as hardcore fans darling.

If thats what they do, theyre so up in the Cody's ass then. Like people like me that buying his promo about killing attitude era I guess.
Bitch and whine to Kenny then.
That's down to him and his choice.

Snake Eater

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for proving my point.
It's a work, if he's being buried why would he be #2?

the casual viewer turns the TV on and sees him eating pins and having 50/50 booking matches with everyone. He's not special, doesn't matter what fake power rankings they put out there. The casual fan doesn't have a clue who Omega or the young bucks are. So them putting others over to "make them" when they themselves aren't over is the problem. Unless of course AEW is going to be forever happy drawing the numbers they're doing now because only the hardcore fans, all of us, are watching

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
the casual viewer turns the TV on and sees him eating pins and having 50/50 booking matches with everyone. He's not special, doesn't matter what fake power rankings they put out there. The casual fan doesn't have a clue who Omega or the young bucks are. So them putting others over to "make them" when they themselves aren't over is the problem. Unless of course AEW is going to be forever happy drawing the numbers they're doing now because only the hardcore fans, all of us, are watching
What does the casual viewer matter to you and the rest of the whiners? You don't even know what they think, just assuming.
He's getting tons of pops and chants from the crowd, that's actually observable.

Also how does he have a winning record if he's being booked 50/50?

Omega being booked differently doesn't necessarily mean the ratings would go up.

People need to stop making assumptions based on their feelings.

Snake Eater

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What does the casual viewer matter to you and the rest of the whiners? You don't even know what they think, just assuming.
He's getting tons of pops and chants from the crowd, that's actually observable.

Also how does he have a winning record if he's being booked 50/50?

Omega being booked differently doesn't necessarily mean the ratings would go up.

People need to stop making assumptions based on their feelings.

The matches are 50/50 bookings, even though he comes out with the win. Getting pops from the crowd doesn't mean anything, the ratings are going down. The crowd that's showing up are all big bullet club fans and are definitely the hardcore fan base that AEW/NXT have drawn since the beginning, they're not going anywhere. AEW+NXT viewers don't even equal RAW's current all time low ratings.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
The matches are 50/50 bookings, even though he comes out with the win. Getting pops from the crowd doesn't mean anything, the ratings are going down. The crowd that's showing up are all big bullet club fans and are definitely the hardcore fan base that AEW/NXT have drawn since the beginning, they're not going anywhere. AEW+NXT viewers don't even equal RAW's current all time low ratings.
They've been averaging out around 800k, it wouldn't be a surprise if they bounce back to around that number yet again.
They dip some weeks they bounce others.

There's no telling that booking Omega differently would change things.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019

Cody gets stronger reactions from the crowd, from the start. Cody has consistently drawn viewers whereas Kenny has not. Kenny's match went head to head with the Cole/Balor match on Wednesday and got crushed in viewership. Kenny has been a star to hardcore wrestling fans. The casual fan and mainstream audience doesn't know him yet. He's not a draw yet. That's a long term project. When we're in a hysteria over the ratings, the idea that pushing guys that are actually drawing ratings, over a guy who isn't yet, is somehow the "problem" makes zero sense.

If people were being reasonable and thinking about long term growth, you may have a point that pushing Kenny strong now to make him a top star is the best path. But that's not what's happening. People are trying to say that's why the ratings aren't good enough now. That would make sense if the guys being pushed harder than him weren't drawing ratings, but that is just not the case.

The matches are 50/50 bookings, even though he comes out with the win.

You don't know what 50/50 booking means. It's literally people trading off wins/losses so that everyone is .500 and nobody stands out. Kenny has one of the best records in the promotion.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

The power rankings are "fake" but they aren't, because he's still getting those ws. His losses are to people who are also supposed to be huge in the company. There's no way to fix that short of a Roman Reigns' push where he beats everyone from Jericho to moxley to whoever and no one matters but him.

Lol. Cody's been getting massive pops since the day he left WWE. Not pushing Cody would be dumb. I don't care about "how WWE sees him", that can't inform how AEW books Cody, particularly when he's been dumb over since All In and before.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017

Mahonay is right...

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Smackdown averaged 2.414 million last night
Overnight ratings are in for the December 20 edition of SmackDown on FOX, and the show averaged 2.414 million viewers.

That number was up three percent from last week's near series low of 2.336 million. SmackDown averaged a 0.45 rating in the 18-34 demo last night and a 0.7 rating in 18-49. Both of those numbers were identical to two weeks ago and up 13 percent and eight percent respectively from last week.

In terms of overall viewers, SmackDown trailed everything on the regular networks except for the Global Citizen Awards show that aired on CBS. SmackDown did top all of network television in both of the demo ratings, though the I Love Lucy Christmas special tied Smackdown in 18-34.

With the exception of the November 22 Survivor Series go-home show, SmackDown has averaged between 2.34 and 2.45 million viewers every week since November 15 and the demos have come in at 0.4-0.45 and 0.65-0.7, so that seems to be what it's settling in at.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
As I've become very casual of wrasslin lately(really don't watch much besides some PPV highlights and some segments here and there),Kenny felt like 10000x a bigger deal to me when he was in Japan and I didn't even watch any of it besides his super big matches and the vids people kept posting of him. I agree with those who say he comes across as almost just another guy in AEW, it being his choice is pretty irrelevant to me as a viewer. Like I don't how to put it any stronger, I was not even regularly watching NJPW and I felt the aura that Kenny was exuding, it seems like it's gone now.

SparkleMotion

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
At the start of AEW, I heard a lot of fear that Kenny, Cody and the Bucks were just gonna put themselves over. Now everyone wants them to put themselves over.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't watched AEW in a month, so I might be a little off, but I do think the way NJPW presents their stars makes a world of difference because even when Kenny took a breather in NJPW's midcard with the US title, he still felt like a much bigger deal than he has in AEW since like Double or Nothing. Part of that, I think, is that Kenny seriously thinks all the goofy comedy, goofy promos and videogame shit is what made him a star, when it really didn't. But the big thing is just the way he's portrayed on TV, with no video packages, thrown in random matches and featured heavily on their B show: Dark. It's night and day compared to the way AEW portrays Jericho and Cody.

TBH, if it were up to me Dark wouldn't even be a thing. IMO AEW doesn't have the depth to have two shows and their dark matches would be better off non-televised where all their green wrestlers get the chance to build experience and improve without the pressure of being televised. If AEW wants exposure on Youtube then I think a Dynamite highlight show would probably be a better fit, especially since they could help build to whatever big matches/angles are on the next Dynamite.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I haven't watched AEW in a month, so I might be a little off, but I do think the way NJPW presents their stars makes a world of difference because even when Kenny took a breather in NJPW's midcard with the US title, he still felt like a much bigger deal than he has in AEW since like Double or Nothing. Part of that, I think, is that Kenny seriously thinks all the goofy comedy, goofy promos and videogame shit is what made him a star, when it really didn't. But the big thing is just the way he's portrayed on TV, with no video packages, thrown in random matches and featured heavily on their B show: Dark. It's night and day compared to the way AEW portrays Jericho and Cody.
Made me chuckle when I remembered that Okada recently beat SANADA and SANADA started crying after his loss.

And literally everyone then started to see him as the babyface because of how much he kept trying but kept coming up short against Godkada. It's so incredibly tough to do such a thing in an American promotion IMO.

I think that's just a result of the incredible sports focused presentation of NJPW as compared to AEW and to be entirely honest, that was exactly what I was expecting from AEW with all the "focus on wins and losses" and the "no DQs" stuff. But the recent focus on cheesy melodrama and weird themed factions is starting to get a bit tiring.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

TBH, if it were up to me Dark wouldn't even be a thing. IMO AEW doesn't have the depth to have two shows and their dark matches would be better off non-televised where all their green wrestlers get the chance to build experience and improve without the pressure of being televised. If AEW wants exposure on Youtube then I think a Dynamite highlight show would probably be a better fit, especially since they could help build to whatever big matches/angles are on the next Dynamite.

they are the inverse of hogan, hall and nash

bucks and kenny are completely selfless, to the detriment of the product. they want to get everyone else over at their own expense. they WANT to do the job.

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure the images of those tweets are photoshopped. Last time I checked, Lagana retweeted and used the point emojis on a different tweet altogether.
Lmao. You people will do anything to try and cover their racism just so people don't boycott a shitty show by shitty people. All you have to do is read the responses to that tweet containing the screenshots to see he's a shitty person. But go ahead and excuse that too.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017

Lmao. You people will do anything to try and cover their racism just so people don't boycott a shitty show by shitty people. All you have to do is read the responses to that tweet containing the screenshots to see he's a shitty person. But go ahead and excuse that too.

First of all, don't ever accuse me of such a thing and don't ever address me in that tone again. I will gladly look for the real tweet myself to confirm or disprove what I said.

Secondly you're going straight to my ignore list. I will not interact with those who come at me immediately with such condescending snark.

Lastly, if you spent any time in these wrestling threads or took a moment to look at my post history then you'd know my opions on the topic. (I've been beating the drum for boycotting WWE for over a year.) But instead you accused me of downplaying racism or defending alt right opions. For that I'll be reporting you.

Edit: For everyone else, the original tweet was deleted and a Google search shows the tweet was heavily discussed on other wrestling forums... Close enough. I won't be supporting NWA either.

Last edited:

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017

This is a terrible idea. Run those matches, people like seeing them. The problem is you've got people like Kenny in Dark defending the AAA title, when he could do that on AEW proper.

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

First of all, don't ever accuse me of such a thing and don't ever address me in that tone again. I will gladly look for the real tweet myself to confirm or disprove what I said.

Secondly you're going straight to my ignore list. I will not interact with those who come at me immediately with such condescending snark.

Lastly, if you spent any time in these wrestling threads or took a moment to look at my post history then you'd know my opions on the topic. (I've been beating the drum for boycotting WWE for over a year.) But instead you accused me of downplaying racism or defending alt right opions. For that I'll be reporting you.

Edit: For everyone else, the original tweet was deleted and a Google search shows the tweet was heavily discussed on other wrestling forums... Close enough. I won't be supporting NWA either.
Lmao. What an over reaction for being called out. Hilarious. You clearly felt guilty and reacted as such.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is still baffling to me how Kenny Omega doesn't feel important at all

After he had his first match in the dome against Okada, and there were rumors of him joining the WWE, the dude was by far the hottest asset in wrestling, I remember him coming to my country and doing a show 2 weeks after its dome match and everyone was fucking crazy for him (sidenote, Kenny Omega is a pretty cool guy, he signed my Ultra Street Fighter IV copy and shouted "Rise From Your Grave" after watching my altered beast hat)

And for AEW I was expecting him to be the central piece of the shows, yet he just feels there, great matches and all that but I really don't care for him at all. Is like AEW is booking him exactly how people said was going to be his fate if he signed for the WWE
Right?

Omega is at least half the draw for me from AEW. Win or lose, I'd like to see him featured. He's clearly more talented than the rest, many of whom I've not been convinced to care about in these first few months. It's just... odd to approach your second biggest star (and first original, excluding Jericho by this criteria) this way.

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User warned: Antagonizing another user over a series of posts.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Quarterly AEW/NXT breakdown from last week. People were very interested in Cole vs. Balor to start NXT, but the show lost tons of viewers between the start and end. People were also really into Jericho vs. Jungle Boy. AEW even won that particular quarter head to head (Q5).

If you wanted to put a positive spin on things, NXT lost 273,000 viewers between Q1 and Q8, while AEW lost 54,000.

NXT:
Q1: Adam Cole vs. Finn Balor – 977,000 viewers

Q2: Finish of Cole vs. Balor, Johnny Gargano return – 873,000 viewers (down 104,000)

Q3: Killian Dain vs. Damian Priest – 789,000 viewers (down 84,000)

Q4: KUSHIDA vs. Cameron Grimes – 764,000 viewers (down 25,000)

Q5: Finish of KUSHIDA vs Grimes/Io Shirai vs. Santana Garrett – 732,000 viewers (down 32,000)

Q6: Finish of Shirai vs. Garrett/Pete Dunne vs. Travis Banks – 766,000 viewers (up 34,000)

Q7: Finish of Dunne vs. Banks – 666,000 viewers (down 100,000)

Q8: Shayna Baszler vs. Rhea Ripley – 704,000 viewers (up 38,000)

—————————

AEW:
Q1: Hangman Page and Kenny Omega vs. Lucha Bros – 689,000 viewers

Q2: Finish of Page & Omega vs. Lucha Bros/post-match brawl – 691,000 viewers (up 2,000)

Q3: Cody & Darby Allin vs. The Butcher & The Blade – 702,000 viewers (up 11,000)

Q4: Awesome Kong squash/Nightmare Collective promo – 645,000 viewers (down 57,000)

Q5: Chris Jericho vs. Jungle Boy – 780,000 viewers (up 135,000)

Q6: Jericho interview/SCU interview – 667,000 viewers (down 113,000)

Q7: Kris Statlander vs. Britt Baker – 638,000 viewers (down 29,000)

Q8: SCU vs. Young Bucks – 635,000 viewers (down 3,000)

——-

Hope AEW bounces back hard on January 1st.

Check out the link for more hand wringing material.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Quarterly AEW/NXT breakdown from last week. People were very interested in Cole vs. Balor to start NXT, but the show lost tons of viewers between the start and end. People were also really into Jericho vs. Jungle Boy. AEW even won that particular quarter head to head (Q5).

If you wanted to put a positive spin on things, NXT lost 273,000 viewers between Q1 and Q8, while AEW lost 54,000.

NXT:
Q1: Adam Cole vs. Finn Balor – 977,000 viewers

Q2: Finish of Cole vs. Balor, Johnny Gargano return – 873,000 viewers (down 104,000)

Q3: Killian Dain vs. Damian Priest – 789,000 viewers (down 84,000)

Q4: KUSHIDA vs. Cameron Grimes – 764,000 viewers (down 25,000)

Q5: Finish of KUSHIDA vs Grimes/Io Shirai vs. Santana Garrett – 732,000 viewers (down 32,000)

Q6: Finish of Shirai vs. Garrett/Pete Dunne vs. Travis Banks – 766,000 viewers (up 34,000)

Q7: Finish of Dunne vs. Banks – 666,000 viewers (down 100,000)

Q8: Shayna Baszler vs. Rhea Ripley – 704,000 viewers (up 38,000)

—————————

AEW:
Q1: Hangman Page and Kenny Omega vs. Lucha Bros – 689,000 viewers

Q2: Finish of Page & Omega vs. Lucha Bros/post-match brawl – 691,000 viewers (up 2,000)

Q3: Cody & Darby Allin vs. The Butcher & The Blade – 702,000 viewers (up 11,000)

Q4: Awesome Kong squash/Nightmare Collective promo – 645,000 viewers (down 57,000)

Q5: Chris Jericho vs. Jungle Boy – 780,000 viewers (up 135,000)

Q6: Jericho interview/SCU interview – 667,000 viewers (down 113,000)

Q7: Kris Statlander vs. Britt Baker – 638,000 viewers (down 29,000)

Q8: SCU vs. Young Bucks – 635,000 viewers (down 3,000)

——-

Hope AEW bounces back hard on January 1st.

Check out the link for more hand wringing material.
Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Made me chuckle when I remembered that Okada recently beat SANADA and SANADA started crying after his loss.

And literally everyone then started to see him as the babyface because of how much he kept trying but kept coming up short against Godkada. It's so incredibly tough to do such a thing in an American promotion IMO.

I think that's just a result of the incredible sports focused presentation of NJPW as compared to AEW and to be entirely honest, that was exactly what I was expecting from AEW with all the "focus on wins and losses" and the "no DQs" stuff. But the recent focus on cheesy melodrama and weird themed factions is starting to get a bit tiring.

This. Same when Okada cried after losing at the dome a few years back vs Tanahashi.

Like you I find it easy to miss AEW as what I have seen isn't that different to American Wrestling I've seen before where there is plenty of melodramatics and it feels like your watching a show rather than a product where the bouts are everything. What the heck they are doing with that Brandi nonsense I don't know. That's the sort of BS that turned me off American Pro wrestling.

The most Brandi should be doing is walking out with Cody Rhodes and that's it. She shouldn't be talking, she shouldn't be wrestling. Stay in your lane as an exec.

Even that 20 min Jericho celebration skit is overkill to me. I put on Pro wrestling the first thing I don't want to see is someone talking for 20 mins.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised AAA don't say something about that. They should be wanting their champion defending the title on the main TV programme.

Personally I think it's to the detriment of AEW that they allow their wrestlers to go other places and win titles but not defend them on their show. If they were big enough to win a title, they should be big enough to give a small push of sorts. Even if you don't want them beating people on your show, you can contract a person for a week from a different promotion and give them the win.

It's a little different with Riho since she currently holds a title in Stardom, but honestly I'd have her defend both on separate shows. The crowd loves her--she could defend one against a contracted Stardom wrestler, then another against the #1 contender for her AEW women's championship. It helps make her look more impressive because she can hold off challengers on separate weeks, then if she has to drop it early that makes sense too because she's defending so much.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Personally I think it's to the detriment of AEW that they allow their wrestlers to go other places and win titles but not defend them on their show. If they were big enough to win a title, they should be big enough to give a small push of sorts. Even if you don't want them beating people on your show, you can contract a person for a week from a different promotion and give them the win.

It's a little different with Riho since she currently holds a title in Stardom, but honestly I'd have her defend both on separate shows. The crowd loves her--she could defend one against a contracted Stardom wrestler, then another against the #1 contender for her AEW women's championship. It helps make her look more impressive because she can hold off challengers on separate weeks, then if she has to drop it early that makes sense too because she's defending so much.

It's silly and I don't get it. These titles are not competition to AEW. If anything they should big up the fact Omega won the AAA title and use it to put over Omega as a great wrestler winning titles in Mexico.

The idea that you can't put over the AAA title as it would hurt the AEW title is just ludicrous.

Remember this is a promotion that talked about how politics wouldn't be a thing etc but they can't even put over a another promotions title when one of their biggest stars holds it.

Status
Not open for further replies.