• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djkhaled

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's their developmental brand lol.

Literally the only "Main Show Stars" advertised were The Revival and I don't even know why they are as a regular RAW viewer.

It's NXT. Most WWE fans don't care to watch NXT. I've been watching WWE since I was 10 and I literally never felt any urge to watch their developmental brand.
But it's not their developmental anymore, Becky was "literally" advertised prior to the show. You can fanboy all you want, but it was a hollow victory.

Jimmyfenix

Oct 25, 2017
Week 1: AEW had 518k more viewers
Week 2: AEW had 350k more viewers
Week 3: AEW had 302k more viewers
Week 4: AEW had 265k more viewers
Week 5: AEW had 179k more viewers
Week 6: AEW had 9k more viewers
Week 7: AEW had 207k more viewers
Week 8: NXT had 23k more viewers
AEW down 6% from last week (Last week 957,000)
NXT up 22% from last week (Last week 750,000)

to fuel the flames a bit

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Week 1: AEW had 518k more viewers
Week 2: AEW had 350k more viewers
Week 3: AEW had 302k more viewers
Week 4: AEW had 265k more viewers
Week 5: AEW had 179k more viewers
Week 6: AEW had 9k more viewers
Week 7: AEW had 207k more viewers
Week 8: NXT had 23k more viewers
AEW down 6% from last week (Last week 957,000)
NXT up 22% from last week (Last week 750,000)

to fuel the flames a bit
Last week's Dynamite was the immediate follow up to the Full Gear PPV. Drop off this week made sense.

This week's NXT was a big invasion show leading into both TakeOver and Survivor Series. That rise, also makes total sense.

Oct 25, 2017
Some of y'all with some revisionism on Monday Night Wars shit. The absolute best part was having TWO options so you could flip between them and see who was pushing who.

I'm totally checked out on WWE but two shows hovering right around 1 million is good and is jsut going to keep pushing each other.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
This thread is cringeworthy as hell. I've found NXT to be the better product so I'm regularly watching that live but I'm glad both shows seem to be doing relatively well.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Some of y'all with some revisionism on Monday Night Wars shit. The absolute best part was having TWO options so you could flip between them and see who was pushing who.

I'm totally checked out on WWE but two shows hovering right around 1 million is good and is jsut going to keep pushing each other.

Amen. I don't watch NXT but I'm happy for those that do. Sounds like good stuff is happening over there too. Cliche to say at this point, but it's a great time to be a wrestling fan right now.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
AEW has had a pretty steady base just under a million viewers, which is fantastic for a new promotion. Who cares if NXT beats it once and a while.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
AEW has had a pretty steady base just under a million viewers, which is fantastic for a new promotion. Who cares if NXT beats it once and a while.

This is the correct take. They're keeping their fans happy and will hopefully grow that base number over time as word of mouth spreads and we get some more stories and stars that stand out.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
So the whole game is to see if AEW can shake the wresting world by beating WWE, but it's cheating if WWE puts its biggest stars in the game ?
The truth is AEW is competing against the nichest of niche wwe wrestling shows. There is no test there it's a trap.
AEW's progression is important, but the little fight against NXT is basically a way for WWE to maintain them in the pawn game.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
So the whole game is to see if AEW can shake the wresting world by beating WWE, but it's cheating if WWE puts its biggest stars in the game ?
The truth is AEW is competing against the nichest of niche wwe wrestling shows. There is no test there it's a trap.
AEW's progression is important, but the little fight against NXT is basically a way for WWE to maintain them in the pawn game.

205 Live still exists, no?

Anyway, AEW is doing just fine.

Don't act above being a fan. Rooting for your team is fine. Shiting on wwe is even better. But firing up six devices to stream and then tweeting about it is pure cringe.

#FACT

Jimmyfenix

Oct 25, 2017
being a wrestling fan in 2019 is pretty cringe but we all do it anyway

it's part of life

at least we all hate ROH

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
Its criminal a show like AEW last night didnt get 1.0 minimun, it was fantastic.

Still, its really funny that Le Champion is not a draw in his own demo lmao.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
AEW couldn't exactly stop WWE from choosing to put NXT live on USA Wednesday night for the explicit purpose to directly compete with Dynamite.

In the end, this new "wrestling war" is likely pulling in more viewers for both shows. It's not inherently bad for them to go at each other. Both feds are forced to put out the best show possible on a weekly basis. So 🤷‍♂️

You don't have bad faith actors to self sabotage like you did in the Monday Night Wars that caused WCW to die from the war.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
NXT deserves to be on par with Dynamite tbh. They're both great shows, NXT usually has better quality matches but Dynamite seems to be the better paced show. Wednesday night is a great time to be a wrestling fan.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
AEW never wanted to directly compete with WWE (and they've said its crazy to try to before), they wanted to be the alternative with their own night to carve out a niche.

This whole time, WWE has been trying to counter program them/hurt their momentum and the only way they could win was to advertise the main roster on NXT. So yeah, if people want to feel proud of a start up company with nowhere near the amount of money and resources holding off the company that has a monopoly on the business in the states, I'm more than willing to root for them being able to stand their own against the odds.

WWE just expected AEW to be easily scared off at the first sign of confrontation but I think they're proving to be more than that.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
AEW couldn't exactly stop WWE from choosing to put NXT live on USA Wednesday night for the explicit purpose to directly compete with Dynamite.

In the end, this new "wrestling war" is likely pulling in more viewers for both shows. It's not inherently bad for them to go at each other.

I don't think the wrestling war is doing much for AEW in either direction. From what we've seen, the crossover is there, but small, and the demographics are overall quite different. It matters in the sense that the overlap decides who "wins" during close weeks, but I really disagree that it's relevant to AEW's longterm growth.

AEW's long term success is going to be contingent on whether they can create new wrestling fans, not draw from WWE existing base.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
I don't think the wrestling war is doing much for AEW in either direction. From what we've seen, the crossover is there, but small, and the demographics are overall quite different. It matters in the sense that the overlap decides who "wins" on close weeks, but I really disagree that it's relevant to AEW's longterm growth.

AEW's long term success is going to be contingent on whether they can create new wrestling fans, not draw from WWE existing base.
True.

MassiveNights

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe WWE has exhausted the for-years-fantasy-booked NXT invasion angle, which one day could have been epic and on one solitary unplanned show was a lot of fun, just to win the Wednesday ratings one week by 20k, while still losing in every demo that matters.

Fucking desperate.

They are in a war with themselves.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe WWE has exhausted the for-years-fantasy-booked NXT invasion angle, which one day could have been epic and on one solitary unplanned show was a lot of fun, just to win the Wednesday ratings one week by 20k, while still losing in every demo that matters.

Fucking desperate.

They are in a war with themselves.
There is no future only today brother!

Jan 10, 2018

Literally the only "Main Show Stars" advertised were The Revival and I don't even know why they are as a regular RAW viewer.

It's NXT. Most WWE fans don't care to watch NXT. I've been watching WWE since I was 10 and I literally never felt any urge to watch their developmental brand.

NXT, that developmental brand, where young unproven grasshoppers like Cesaro, Beck Lynch, Shinsuke Nakamura and Finn Balor can make their first baby steps

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Wednesday night is the only night of wrestling that matters. Mondays and Fridays can piss off. I really wish I could watch NXT as well as AEW but we don't get it on a free channel, and I just don't want to support WWE by getting the Network to see it. If they ever do an NXT only option, I'd pay for that.
For now I'm more than happy with AEW Dynamite and Dark on YouTube. More than enough good wrestling there. That Raw and Smackdown get 2 million+ viewers while Dynamite and NXT get less than a million really irritates me.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So wwe had to bring in a bunch of raw and smackdown people to finally beat aew and it was only by about 20k?

Damn! At least their aarp crowd is loyal.

Oct 25, 2017

NXT is barely a development brand anymore.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All I'm getting from all this is that the overrun does wonders for NXT. Tony should try to sweet-talk TNT into giving them one.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
i still find it funny that JR was trying to throw shots at seth because he isn't over as Becky yet she is the reason AEW lost this week

Becky is really the biggest draw in wrestling
*US wrestling.

But to be honest, a 230k jump for a hyped up invasion angle featuring the second biggest star in the company (behind Lesnar) is pretty weak. It just goes to show how WWE can't make stars and the few that fall into their laps, they quickly water down and kill their momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.