• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Here's a look at SmackDown's ratings since moving to FOX:

sd_on_fox_1.png

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Can't be happy they booted Last Man Standing to put on Smackdown, LMS regularly did 4.5+. I believe wrestling nerds call that a steady worker
LOL. Yeah that's a drop of over 2 million viewers in that timeslot.

Someone at Fox fell for WWE "look at our stock market value and how profitable we are!" schtick, and probably the ol' "sure our USA ratings are down, but so is all cable TV!", without actually investigating it themselves and seeing RAW and Smackdown consistently declining faster than other programs.

I'm sure social media mentions and YouTube views was a bullet point too.

Maybe they were astoundingly dumb and believed they could recreate Attitude Era Smackdown on UPN numbers.

There is no other explanation for how much money they forked over. Someone at Fox is an idiot or very easily conned.
Here's a look at SmackDown's ratings since moving to FOX:

sd_on_fox_1.png
Behold, the new wrestling boom.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
LOL. Yeah that's a drop of over 2 million viewers in that timeslot.

Someone at Fox fell for WWE "look at our stock market value and how profitable we are!" schtick, and probably the ol' "sure our USA ratings are down, but so is all cable TV!", without actually investigating it themselves and seeing RAW and Smackdown consistently declining faster than other programs.

I'm sure social media mentions and YouTube views was a bullet point too.

Maybe they were astoundingly dumb and believed they could recreate Attitude Era Smackdown on UPN numbers.

There is no other explanation for how much money they forked over. Someone at Fox is an idiot or very easily conned.

Behold, the new wrestling boom.

They just weren't ready for that carny sales pitch.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
A backstage brawl was taking place between 2 teams and one guy gets thrown into the toilet door and orange cassidy (who's entire gimmick is he doesn't give a fuck or put any effort in) is just standing there randomly. This confuses the guy in the gif so he just slowly closes the door and then immediately gets super kicked in the face.

Brought the house down and was unexpected and hilarious.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
It's honestly because people most in the community Wrasslin thread stopped watching weekly, and those that still watch and somehow actually enjoy it, know that this is not really a good place if you're looking for positive discussion about WWE.

Lots of shitting on the doggo segment has continued today in the thread.

The AEW thread gets legit annoying though, with people making a fuss about the most minor shit like you said with the PAC/Page stuff. I agree.

I could watch PAC and Page every week. Tag, one on one, threeway, fourway, whatever. Same with Page and Sammy.

You hate to see it folks

We can go lower.

...and we will.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
2.24M
2.21M
1.92M

2.12M average.

Their go home invasion angle died. Drop wasn't as steep and it did slightly better then last week, but it started off weaker too.

Last edited:

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
The first hour rating seems to be the story here.

Overall it was another shit Raw. The only good part was the KO/Drew match.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Those rating rebounds are becoming smaller each time it happens. And starting off at a 2.24 means that people might finally be starting to tune out of this shit, or found better things to do on Monday nights.

That dump truck full of money Vince is preparing for CM Punk to appear on the main roster shows just keeps growing.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I have to wonder what WWE is thinking having Becky open the show two weeks in a row. She basically comes out to crickets these days, and is probably the worst promo-cutter I've ever heard in my life.

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Those rating rebounds are becoming smaller each time it happens. And starting off at a 2.24 means that people might finally be starting to tune out of this shit, or found better things to do on Monday nights.

That dump truck full of money Vince is preparing for CM Punk to appear on the main roster shows just keeps growing.
Having Punk participate in a confused cuck angle involving people who cant use a mic properly and only give 4 mins for the match, isnt going to fix WWE.

ive wanted an adam cole v daniel bryan match for years, it happened on smackdown to no fan fare and i didnt even bother to try and find it on youtube.

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
Weak third hour of RAW notwithstanding, I fully expect NXT to beat AEW this week. Last time AJ Styles showed up without any advertisement or fanfare, and they came within a hair of winning. HHH unleashed a full-fledged invasion promo last night, and given what we know about how AEW watchers will switch to NXT but not vice versa, it does not bode well for AEW's chances tomorrow.

That being said, there's only so many times they can hype an invasion angle to pop a rating before the gimmick wears thin. Either that, or this is the beginning of the Vince/main roster takeover of NXT we've been fearing for so long.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Having Punk participate in a confused cuck angle involving people who cant use a mic properly and only give 4 mins for the match, isnt going to fix WWE.

ive wanted an adam cole v daniel bryan match for years, it happened on smackdown to no fan fare and i didnt even bother to try and find it on youtube.

Nothing is fixing WWE until Vince dies (and even that's not a guarantee), but it's not like we haven't seen them pay loads of money to Rock or Austin to make a quick appearance just to kickstart their ratings again.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
People must be overinvasioned by now. That's the downside of having three shows participate in Survivor Series. Everybody needs to invade everybody else at some point and it just becomes boring routine. I'm glad that cheap tactic clearly doesn't work if ratings are so low for a go home show after the low of a pre taped episode.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
People must be overinvasioned by now. That's the downside of having three shows participate in Survivor Series. Everybody needs to invade everybody else at some point and it just becomes boring routine. I'm glad that cheap tactic clearly doesn't work if ratings are so low for a go home show after the low of a pre taped episode.

I hope the fatigue is real, though depending what Punk says tonight and how big THAT show bump is, he could get people interested in tuning back into WWE and NXT tomorrow specifically. Maybe.

Really, I hope he goes heel on WWE and puts over AEW huge. LOL

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing is fixing WWE until Vince dies (and even that's not a guarantee), but it's not like we haven't seen them pay loads of money to Rock or Austin to make a quick appearance just to kickstart their ratings again.
I don't know if Vince dying will do anything. Isn't wrestling without Vince already AEW? That's not exactly burning up the mainstream.

NXT and AEW are fine shows even though "no one" is watching.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
I mean the Corbin segment was downright awful, but I don't really think this comedy was great either. Felt out of place and unnecessary to me.

him and 'the best friends' are lame af, its time for mans to take his hands out of his pockets and work. the swag has worn off.

they've used him sparingly though which is smart. AEW knows what works and adapts.

Status
Not open for further replies.