• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So which is true:

Half of all regular SD viewers love baseball
Half of all regular SD viewers only watch because the tv is already on that chan

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I guess WWE and Fox are gonna be really worried about that record setting (negative )number. But just as a devil advocate: what is the normal ratings for that channel?

Regardless of the answer, it clearly points towards a very bad viewer retention by WWE in the TV space.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
The only justification I can come up with is that on the west coast, Fox is a staggered feed, so Smackdown airs at 8PM there, while FS1 (as a sports-only channel) is not a staggered feed, so Smackdown would have aired at 5PM on FS1, so anyone tuning in at 8 like they usually do would have completely missed the show.

Still, there is no excuse for a drop like that. The World Series game was down, it's not like this was shipped off to FXX or something else that no one has heard of- it's FS1!

Striker

Oct 25, 2017
The WWF at that period was horrendous, especially compared to its competition. The WWF wasn't cool again until 97.
Both companies were dire in '95. Business wasn't kind to neither company. WCW didn't start up as real competition til the middle of '96. The little brother being ECW was still in its infancy compared to what it became in 97-99.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
From start to finish, last night's Raw was complete garbage. Hopefully the ratings reflect that.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
From start to finish, last night's Raw was complete garbage. Hopefully the ratings reflect that.

Didn't watch. Recaps sounded like a standard Raw, though I appreciate they're trying to push fresh faces. Still not enough to get my eyeballs, though. I don't think there's almost anything they could do to win me back outside of a full-scale top-to-bottom change.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
next week will be below 2 million for smackdown

and the week following will be as well

it's the only way to explain the insanity of friday's number. the drop off wasn't actually that big at all... it's just the regular viewing audience on a friday was always going to be in that 1.5-1.8m range, aka a decent drop off from tuesday night smackdown on usa

it's already clear that fox is providing zero bump. the viewership would have continued to creep down from the 2.4 million it did the week before, even if it was still on fox. the night of the week is killing the show dead, and it's destined to do worse than smackdown did on usa, which was about 2 million on the dot.

Last edited:

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
All this talking shit about declining ratings but they will be through the roof when Lana and Rusev renew their vows live on MONDAY NIGHT RAW

Oct 28, 2017
Schadenfreude will climax if Smackdown dips below two million this week.

Maybe I've worked myself into a shoot but I think in the ballpark of 2 million is pretty much guaranteed so I wouldn't celebrate their demise unless it was closer to 1.5.

Even discounting this FS1 week, they went from 3.9 to 2.9 to 2.4 and to someone not watching...the show quality seems like it's been as bad as ever. Do we really think 2.4 is the lower limit on Fox proper?

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Maybe I've worked myself into a shoot but I think in the ballpark of 2 million is pretty much guaranteed so I wouldn't celebrate their demise unless it was closer to 1.5.

Even discounting this FS1 week, they went from 3.9 to 2.9 to 2.4 and to someone not watching...the show quality seems like it's been as bad as ever. Do we really think 2.4 is the lower limit on Fox proper?

No. I think we've got at least two more weeks of drops before we hit the base viewership floor.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
First good invasion angle?
First?

giphy.gif

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I think most people are going to expect Friday's show to suck and maybe not watch it because most of the talent will be flying back from Saudi Arabia and be exhausted.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Raw for October 28th, 2019.

Hour 1: 2.326
Hour 2: 2.146
Hour 3: 1.928

Average: 2.13

Under 2 mil 3rd hour again. Woop Woop.

Also...

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
We aren't that far away from a sub 2 million show. Hours 1 and 2 were barely holding on.

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
Boy, that Rusev storyline that would be laughed out of the Silk Stalkings writers room is really packing 'em in for that third hour, huh?

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Raw for October 28th, 2019.

Hour 1: 2.326
Hour 2: 2.146
Hour 3: 1.928

Average: 2.13

Under 2 mil 3rd hour again. Woop Woop.

Also...

I honestly don't get what they've been thinking with the final hour and main events the last few weeks. They've just been a complete joke.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Sub-2.0 average incoming. Especially after they find a way to make sure Rollins still has the title after the Blood Money show.

Status
Not open for further replies.