• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They've been garbage for over a decade. CM Punk pipebomb promo was in 2011 ffs. About time people started realizing how garbage they were in mass once the Saudi deal happened. The issue is Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, and having a giant team of writers who don't understand the talent and nothing is going to change that any time soon.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
8jsVABa.gif

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
I actually want them to bring their big 4 events to smaller indoor venues, and if it requires them going bankrupt, so be it.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
yep, they're cratering hard. told y'all it would be a quick drop. this isn't like 1995 anymore. they're not creating any new fans and the fans that have dropped off are way more smart about the business/know to look elsewhere.

they're flush with saudi/tv money but it's a bubble. i think many, not all, of the more ardent fans are just done with them altogether and are waiting to give aew a chance. they're fucked

This is where I am at. I dont think I have seen any WWE since before MITB. I think WM was the last PPV I watched. Im waiting for AEW and if it doesnt fill that void, Ill just peace out on Wrestling for a bit.

Also - idk what everyone is talking about with Undertaker since I havent watched it. But jesus, remember when he "retired" like 3 other times and left all his shit in the ring? Remember how everyone was praising him and saying he was one of the best and went out the right way?

Yet here he is again. I do not give a fuck about Undertaker anymore. Im sure he will "retire" again, and all the marks will cry and praise him, only for him to show up for that Saudi money again.

Fuck him and fuck off.

Books

Alt account
Banned
Feb 4, 2019
I went to a Raw taping about a decade and a half ago and they had a steel cage set up and I was so excited, but then it turned out to be Vince vs Hornswoggle. Still mad at WWE for that switcheroo.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I went to a Raw taping about a decade and a half ago and they had a steel cage set up and I was so excited, but then it turned out to be Vince vs Hornswoggle. Still mad at WWE for that switcheroo.

The last show I went to was the Raw in Chicago where they played Punk's music (for the last time) and Paul Heyman came out. You literally couldn't hear a word him or Stephanie said the crowd was nuclear loud.

Seems like a fever dream now.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Last show I went to was a Raw show in June 2006. WWE stopped doing TV at Penn State for whatever reason and I stopped going. We had a damn good run of Raw shows too. DX/Nation segment, Austin winning the title back on Raw after losing to Kane in a first blood match the night before at KOTR, a casket match, first WWE draft, and something else that I'm blanking on right now.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Average WCW House show attendance

AVG_HOUSESHOW_WWF_WCW_ATTENDANCE_1991_2001_data.jpg

Source

Look at WCW 2000 average numbers. WWE are already pulling these numbers on their Main shows.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
No lie, I feel that if they took whatever money they're giving to Undertaker and put it towards pyro instead they'd get a better ROI.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I think real competition emerging will turn out to be a blessing for WWE. Vince usually pulls something off when his back is against the wall. The problem this time is Vince needs to accept he's done.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
I think back that dumb skit the McMahon family did trying to put the blame for the terrible ratings on Corbin. Just shows how deaf they are to all of this.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think real competition emerging will turn out to be a blessing for WWE. Vince usually pulls something off when his back is against the wall. The problem this time is Vince needs to accept he's done.
I mean, does he?

That was basically once, over twenty years ago and arguably also down to a lot of other people involved.

This idea that vince is some super genius who just needs competition to get his creative juices flowing is extremely generous to just flat out wrong.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, does he?

That was basically once, over twenty years ago and arguably also down to a lot of other people involved.

This idea that vince is some super genius who just needs competition to get his creative juices flowing is extremely generous to just flat out wrong.
Vince is best when he gives his talent some freedom. That's all he has to do. Granted I didn't think he capable now.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I mean, does he?

Come on, he built the wwwf into a worldwide brand. He killed the territories, moved the business into nationwide and then eventually worldwide.

Vince sucks as a person but he was a good business man. He's beat every single company that has ever challenged him. At some point you gotta admit it isn't just luck that he always survived.

The thing I'm saying he needs to do today, is swallow his ego and bow out. That's the best business move and some competition might make him realise it's time to go.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I mean, does he?

He's not some genius, but when stuff goes south he realizes he has to let other people do their thing. It's probably what they will do.

The thing is, I don't think they expected this so soon. Neither did I, I thought this would happen when AEW started their weekly shows

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Vince is best when he gives his talent some freedom. That's all he has to do. Granted I didn't think he capable now.
Says it all really, Vince is best when he doesn't meddle lol. But yeah I don't think he has it in him not to meddle considering how he has been for years now.
Come on, he built the wwwf into a worldwide brand. He killed the territories, moved the business into nationwide and then eventually worldwide.

Vince sucks as a person but he was a good business man. He's beat every single company that has ever challenged him. At some point you gotta admit it isn't just luck that he always survived.

The thing I'm saying he needs to do today, is swallow his ego and bow out. That's the best business move and some competition might make him realise it's time to go.
Vince won initially by fucking over the territories.

Vince might have been good at business but creatively he wasn't solely responsible.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017

He was a good business man (and by that I mean a vicious asshole) but holding him up as some kind of genius is and has always been bullshit propaganda. The WWWF was already one of the largest promotions in the US when Vince Jr got his hands on it and that's what gave him the ability to poach all the stars from other territories and buy air time in those markets, basically suffocating those promotions out of business. The idea he built it up from nothing is as laughable as the idea Trump did the same.

The one and only time Vince has ever had his back against the wall was during the Monday Night Wars and I'd argue he lucked out by stumbling upon Stone Cold and facing a WCW that was run by absolute morons.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
2.38M
2.31M
2.12M

About 2.27 average. Last year was about 2.65.

Two weeks now, the post-NBA bump is officially non existent.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Expecting a boost in ratings for last night's show. We'll see. Hope they keep tanking if Vince refuses to change his ways.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I wonder if it's now going to be very slow decline over the year, but two sharp dips a year for NFL and NBA playoffs which they don't rebound from.

Let's hope so. I like the WWE talent roster, but it's become clear that the company is too bloated and that Vince will continue to bury it with his insistence on control and on pushing his shitty ideas.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I think the ratings are going to stay around 2.1-2.2 until NFL starts when it'll drop to at least 1.8 constantly for the rest of the year. WWE simply has no one to give a shit about on the roster due to shit booking. Even if when they do bring up someone charismatic like Velveteen Dream, he's not going to be saved from the abyss of wasted NXT talent either.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Anyone got that chart showing WWE's ratings plummeting over time and how it doesn't match the "all sports ratings are down" argument?

Edit: found it. Nevermind.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
The wrestling industry might suffer but it's hard not to be happy for a company as rotten as the WWE to go down.

Meltzer says he doesn't get why people would cheer this. But it's hard to feel bad to seeing a company that does Saudi Arabia propaganda go down.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
23 years ago a couple of days back.

Listen to the passion, the hunger and the desire. The words come from the heart and from the gut.

They need to let the wrestlers off the leash or we'll never have this again.

(Open in YouTube)

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Alvarez said on Wrestling Observer Live today that Stomping Grounds did about 9,800 PPV buys, which is a new record low for the WWE.

For reference, most WWE PPVs nowadays do between 15-20k buys. WrestleMania this year did about 100k PPV buys. About 10% of the WWE viewership is still buying PPVs through the traditional route.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
23 years ago a couple of days back.

Listen to the passion, the hunger and the desire. The words come from the heart and from the gut.

They need to let the wrestlers off the leash or we'll never have this again.

(Open in YouTube)

You don't even have to go back that far to see how good wrestling promos can be when they aren't so heavily scripted. This promo made Miz a fan favorite for me. I;ll never understand why they canceled Talking Smack or didn't incorporate it into the main show.

Icemonk191

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't even have to go back that far to see how good wrestling promos can be when they aren't so heavily scripted. This promo made Miz a fan favorite for me. I;ll never understand why they canceled Talking Smack or didn't incorporate it into the main show.

Vince wasn't actually paying attention to talking smack so that's how they were able to get away with all the shit they did. IIRC the reason they got cancelled was because Vince showed up one day and saw what they were doing.

Just another dumb move by Vince to add to the pile.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WWE's plan to combat AEW is to poison the well so badly advertisers wont want to touch anything wrestling related.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck is Undertaker going to do? He can't wrestle like he used to, are they going to put him in the main event scene?

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
What the fuck is Undertaker going to do? He can't wrestle like he used to, are they going to put him in the main event scene?
He can tag in and do some moves then tag out and rest. Tag makes way more sense than main eventing against Goldberg in 100+ degree heat.

But if they're against Shane and Vince what's even the fucking point?

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
It's been sad to see Undertaker's decline. He should've retired after that 'End of an Era' match with HHH and Shawn as the ref. It was a great moment for all 3, and would've been a great way for Taker and HHH to have finished up. Here we are 7 years later, and we've seen all 3 of them stumble and shamble through matches that WWF would've played parody versions of to mock how old WCW wrestlers were. HHH had his moments after that point but even he succumbed to looking like a shadow of himself eventually.
Taker coming back to face Shane McMahon again, even in a tag match, couldn't be less appealing. Other wrestlers selling for Shane's shitty offence is annoying enough, but Taker doing it really annoys the hell out of me. If he jobs out to Drew McIntyre it might, might be slightly worth it. More likely, Drew eats the pin to protect Shane. I'd rather watch WWF circa 1995 again than the tosh they're serving up nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.