• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Let's add a column to this classic image.

8hnwsbcj6c.png

and yes I know I got the date wrong.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if 2K could be contractually obligated to put out a new game every year? It's hard to imagine that a publisher would look at this and think "this is OK", but then again, this is 2K we're talking about. They are really notorious for their greed, and one of the few major companies in gaming that I wouldn't put it past to do something like that.
They are

Romain

Senior Editor, Gameblog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I played the game a bunch last week at the London preview event and it was a mess. There were so many game breaking bugs it was crazy. At one point during a match, the whole screen went black except for the HUD and the match kept going. One of the Towers was unplayable as the "8-bit filter" was on and the camera was zoomed in on a corner of the ring. You couldn't see anything.

Another thing I noticed is that the "Bump in the Night" DLC story mode was clearly written for Matt Hardy and not Bray Wyatt. The action takes place at the "Wyatt Compound" and when Bray does commentary he talks like Matt Hardy and says "wonderful" every two sentences.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I played the game a bunch last week at the London preview event and it was a mess. There were so many game breaking bugs it was crazy. At one point during a match, the whole screen went black except for the HUD and the match kept going. One of the Towers was unplayable as the "8-bit filter" was on and the camera was zoomed in on a corner of the ring. You couldn't see anything.

Another thing I noticed is that the "Bump in the Night" DLC story mode was clearly written for Matt Hardy and not Bray Wyatt. The action takes place at the "Wyatt Compound" and when Bray does commentary he talks like Matt Hardy and says "wonderful" every two sentences.
LMAO

And here I was thinking this couldn't get any worse.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

That's wild. When Bray is talking is he talking like Funhouse Bray or Wyatt Family Bray?

Indiana Jones

Oct 27, 2017

Eeesh. I do feel kinda bad for the developers at Visual Concepts. They were left high and dry when Yuke's bailed, and this game clearly is not ready for release, but they are stuck putting it out in the state it's in.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Nah, the Wyatt Compound was an arena in 2k19 and he fought Orton there at one point. Considering Matt is on the career mode, it was probably just badly written that way.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
A solid wrestling game with good online would be so welcome right now. When I was a kid it's all I'd play with my friends, we'd all have our CAW and do tournaments for the belt, I'd love to do that again. I'm pinning my hopes on AEW.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
how does visual concepts churn out amazing looking athletes for nba 2k but cant do wrestling?

Seems like they rely WAY too much on facial scans to get their results

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Nah, the Wyatt Compound was an arena in 2k19 and he fought Orton there at one point. Considering Matt is on the career mode, it was probably just badly written that way.

Also, Matt and Bray were a tag team for a period, that was the last time we saw Bray before he became Funhouse Bray/The Fiend -- and to be fair, he HAD started using a lot of Matt's "brokenisms" like that in his own promos, so that's probably what they had to work with since the Funhouse/Fiend stuff didn't start really getting going until April/May, which is by usual account after the 2K cutoff. It's a miracle the Fiend made it in in any form at all.

Oct 27, 2017
There was a time when Spider-Man video games threads used to be this bleak.

You will have your time wwe universe, you will have your time

maybe.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
I am more hyped for Giant Bomb's Quick Look of this game than anything the WWE has actually done in the past few years. It'll be gloriously brutal.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
these all definitely have the "current gen" sheen to them, but in most cases the features are just wrong or the hair looks like a mistake?

Like it doesn't look like last gen to me, it looks like a very very cursed version of current gen, then you combine that with the atrocious animation

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017

Lol at that ref being clipped into the barricade. Not a fan of the Night King Aleister Black.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they switch engines? What could possibly explain this?

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Did they switch engines? What could possibly explain this?

The game has long been developed by Yukes. When 2K took over, Visual Concepts started co-developing along with Yukes. Yukes left somewhat abruptly from the sounds of it during development of this game and VC had to completely re-write a lot of the code from the ground up.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The game has long been developed by Yukes. When 2K took over, Visual Concepts started co-developing along with Yukes. Yukes left somewhat abruptly from the sounds of it during development of this game and VC had to completely re-write a lot of the code from the ground up.

Well, Visual Concepts have just been doing what THQ USA was previously doing, scans and audio work. They've not contributed to the gameplay outside of direction.

Yuke's told 2k just after 2k19 was released and code hasn't be rewritten by the sounds of things, they've just turned off features they couldn't get working to make it run at all. There has been nothing from the ground up, just another plaster over a 20 year old engine.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Well, Visual Concepts have just been doing what THQ USA was previously doing, scans and audio work. They've not contributed to the gameplay outside of direction.

Yuke's told 2k just after 2k19 was released and code hasn't be rewritten by the sounds of things, they've just turned off features they couldn't get working to make it run at all. There has been nothing from the ground up, just another plaster over a 20 year old engine.

In DenkOps interview with the devs and Pulse's impressions of the game the devs themselves mentioned rewriting tools and code in the case of Pulse video so unless you have a better source than the devs themselves, you're incorrect.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In DenkOps interview with the devs and Pulse's impressions of the game the devs themselves mentioned rewriting tools and code in the case of Pulse video so unless you have a better source than the devs themselves, you're incorrect.

It's based on what CMPulse was saying on his Discord before the preview event based on what he'd heard from people close to it, but rereading your post I think I read it wrong. Yeah, things may have been rewritten to make things more simplistic and actually get the game to work by taking out some physics and lighting. I read it as rewrites to improve what was already there for some reason on my head, which hasn't happened!

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
It's based on what CMPulse was saying on his Discord before the preview event based on what he'd heard from people close to it, but rereading your post I think I read it wrong. Yeah, things may have been rewritten to make things more simplistic and actually get the game to work by taking out some physics and lighting. I read it as rewrites to improve what was already there for some reason on my head, which hasn't happened!

Ah, I see. Yeah I definitely didn't mean that. It's clear this game will be limping out the door just to make it to release. I bet they would have loved to delay it but probably weren't allowed to.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Usually when people on here say something looks like a last gen game it's just hyperbole but op isn't wrong.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
just need this to be full of glitches where they fly around the ring and get stuck in the air like the previous one. I live for that shit.