• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
If you told me these were create a character versions some 15 year old made for a youtube video. I'd believe you.

Jun 7, 2018
Y8oGRFA.png
XOOp6am.png
wVhb0Nm.png

Nice to see the NPCs from Elder Scrolls: Oblivion finally getting some more work.

Last edited:

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Sorry but this deserved its own thread imo. This is beyond "WWE games looking/playing bad". This legit looks like mediocre last gen games.

I thought Yuke's leaving at the very least wouldn't make the game worse. Looks like I was wrong. What the fuck happened here?

This shit is HILARIOUS! lol

Wtf happened to this series? I used to buy these all the time and created my own fairly well known CAWS but I wouldn't even waste my time with this shit smh

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So..
The game uses the old Raw and Smackdown sets, not the new Fox and USA sets.
Old commentary once again, but we know they're useless with that. They didn't even bother to add Renae Young to the game last year.
The game has NO additions to the creation suite.
The character models are worse than it's possibly ever been, clearly 2K has guys that are bad at this. When you have the beautiful Beth Phoenix looking like she has the facial bone structure of The Fiend.
Lots of filler in the roster. I mean lots. More than ever. 5 Charlottes, 3 Beckys etc. I think I counted close to 30 doubles in the game.
They've got loads of fake wrestlers from their lackluster story mode adding to the bloat, I think theres 10 of them, including 4 or so from 2K19.
They changed the control scheme because, honestly, they obviously knew they had a magnum opus of a wrestling game locked down and had time to kill, am I right?
On top of all of that, the game has a fake darker look to it, they added more contrast and color to the character models in hope of it looking different, but different isn't better and it certainly looks less realistic now.
Also... the game is scarily still not complete, media says create a title had to be patched in later and there doesn't seem to be blood in the game right now.

I say stay away, I have a bad bad feeling about this one.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
All joking aside, it is so fucking unfair that they can get away with charging $60 for putting out crap like this. SvR 2006 and Here Comes The Pain are literally still superior to these games in every single aspect. They're clearly not even trying anymore.

How much time would it have taken them to have varied superstar renders with different poses on the character selection screen, at the very least, to give people the impression that SOME work went into the game? ffs.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cannot WAIT for New Legacy's launch day stream. Shit was breaking left and right at the preview event.

1571111064247.png

and if ppl don't know who mdickie is

mind you, this is seven years ago.

sad truth! hahaha

If you want to see something that fucks with your brain after playing MDickie games, he's working on a Switch version and has the engine running at double the frame rate of his old games with a whole 30 fps.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Please don't buy this game. These people need to learn. I feel if this doesn't crash and burn, the bar will be lowered forever and it wasn't that high to begin with

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
For some reason Ric Flair has been modeled on The Head from Art Attack?!

hqdefault.jpg

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't care what the haters say, "I will give your grandmother bed sores" is one of the best lines I've ever seen. Finally, videogames' citizen kane.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Was that the one where you could brawl backstage and throw a dude through a window from the second floor?

I don't recall the second floor part but yeah you could do backstage on this

I remember the Create a Wrestler (affectionately referred to as CAW on the message boards back in the day) was incredibly robust for it's time.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I don't recall the second floor part but yeah you could do backstage on this

I remember the Create a Wrestler (affectionately referred to as CAW on the message boards back in the day) was incredibly robust for it's time.
Yeah, I used to go on some caw board or site and get the settings to make WCW guys etc lol

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Wwe2k series reminds me of tony hawk except wrestling fans are only second to idol fans in japan, ie, theyll buy three copies of this game, knowing it's bad. In the minds of true fans, they probably think they have no other options.

Jan 10, 2018
Sounds about right.

I don't think Yukes is the issue. It is the fact they don't give them time and freedom to experiment that is the problem.

Edit: Budget as well. They need to raise that shit.
Edit2: lol at that dialogue. Looks like Mean Girls WWE edition.

Vince you crazy son of a bitch. Give them a couple of years to overhaul. 2K as well needs to step up and give them more time.

You take that back about Mean Girls

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope that Syn Sophia and Yuke's will give us good alternatives, WWE 2K has long gone stale and I yearn for more arcade-like wrestling games.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if 2K could be contractually obligated to put out a new game every year? It's hard to imagine that a publisher would look at this and think "this is OK", but then again, this is 2K we're talking about. They are really notorious for their greed, and one of the few major companies in gaming that I wouldn't put it past to do something like that.