• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So, last month I paid $1 for what I thought was one month of Game Pass Ultimate. And yet... I am checking and now it says I have a year left? Until September 2020. What I don't know is if I always had that long or if it was upgraded, but I checked my billing and the $1 was indeed the last one, so I didn't unwittingly get charged for more than I thought, and what's more I already turned off recurring billing. What's going on?

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
Did you have previous Xbox Live Gold or Game Pass time already on your account? Time will stack if so. If not, then you got graced from the Xbox Gods and you should be happy. :p

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
If you already had gold for a year, it would convert it to Ultimate.

JeffGubb

Giant Bomb
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Did you buy a year of Xbox Live Gold recently? I bought mine right before getting the $1 deal.

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
So, last month I paid $1 for what I thought was one month of Game Pass Ultimate. And yet... I am checking and now it says I have a year left? Until September 2020. What I don't know is if I always had that long or if it was upgraded, but I checked my billing and the $1 was indeed the last one, so I didn't unwittingly get charged for more than I thought, and what's more I already turned off recurring billing. What's going on?
You must have already had gold or gamepass the conversion gave you a year I got it until March 2021

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Just be aware your account is now on the "Ultimate" tier and if you have zero interest in Game Pass beyond Gears 5, you need to either cancel it or let your sub run out. Using a typical 12-month Gold code "converts" it to some way smaller number like 3 months of Ultimate. I'm letting my sub lapse (in February) and going right back to Gold.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just be aware your account is now on the "Ultimate" tier and if you have zero interest in Game Pass beyond Gears 5, you need to either cancel it or let your sub run out. Using a typical 12-month Gold code "converts" it to some way smaller number like 3 months of Ultimate. I'm letting my sub lapse (in February) and going right back to Gold.
I already turned off recurring billing.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it merges with gold. When they did that $1 convert a lot of people (me included) bought a bunch of gold before upgrading to ultimate so it all turned into gamepass. I have it until like June 2022 or something lol.