• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
Cabaret club was amazing in 0. I don't even want to know how many hours I put into that stuff.

The cabaret game split out into a mobile game would be so good for my commute.

Ha, yeah, something like that would've been crazy cool. Sometimes felt like a bit of a waste to boot up my PS4 just to play cabaret club but hey, you do what you gotta do!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The cabaret club music is catchy, but honestly its not even in my top 10 tracks in this game. Its an incredibly solid soundtrack and for me there's only one theme deserved of the top spot:

caylen

Publisher - Riot Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
santa monica
I haven't played it in a year & the Fever Time song is still in my head whenever mentions the franchise.

The Cabaret Club mini game was so much fun in mechanics, even for how simple as it was. The objectification stuff is still a little sleezy, but the core loop was one of that game's many fun surprises.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Love the cabaret club to death. What a fun side game. I became addicted.

I'd love to see them do a Host club too.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Love the cabaret club to death. What a fun side game. I became addicted.

I'd love to see them do a Host club too.

They did. In Yakuza 2. And then they removed it from Kiwami 2. Why'd you have to remind me :( The club is still there in the series - its Club Adam, just north of the batting cages. It has a great little side story in Yakuza 2, but I guess it wasn't popular so it was never used again? Oh well, there's my reason to replay Yakuza 2 in the future...

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is the best cabaret track though. It plays in the background in the cabaret club. Someone even made it as fuzzy and dreamy as it sounds in the game!

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I halted the main story because the subtories were so fun and had so much heart. Made kyriu and majima be incredibly charismatic.
And i still havent gotten to the cabaret stuff hahahaha

flashman92

Feb 15, 2018
That fucking song is burned into my brain. I had to stop myself from maxing all the girls stats, but I was super tempted to.

Oct 25, 2017
Omg I just started playing this and thought to myself, "would be cool if I got to actually manage the clubs.." and low and behold! Good shit, Yakuza.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
Wait until you meet the plat hostesses in Kiwami 2.

I've spent an embarrassing amount of time in the makeover section of this one

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
The Cabaret stuff is ok I suppose don't mind it small doses. A bit like hunting or treasure hunting in RDR2.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
They did. In Yakuza 2. And then they removed it from Kiwami 2. Why'd you have to remind me :( The club is still there in the series - its Club Adam, just north of the batting cages. It has a great little side story in Yakuza 2, but I guess it wasn't popular so it was never used again? Oh well, there's my reason to replay Yakuza 2 in the future...

Wait whaaat!?

I greatly enjoyed the throwbacks to Y0's Club Sunshine in YK2, but that's disappointing that they removed a host club. I think there's just a fun angle you could go with.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
You know it. It would make for a good mobile game all things considered, and the side-stories associated are also great fun.

deroli

Nov 5, 2017
Germany
I wasted so much time on the mini game... no, wait, I actually enjoyed every hour of it. No regrets.
It's a pity I hired one particular hostess only after finishing cabaret club...

The older lady with that ludicrous leopard shirt.

Neo-Saiyan

Oct 27, 2017
Birmingham, UK
I think I probably spent about 20 hours on real estate and close to 30 hours on cabaret club!

Cabaret Club is one of the greatest video game mini-games. Do not feel ashamed.
This! I don't think there's any other mini games from other games where I spent that amount of time playing, I spent more time on cabaret club than most full games 🤣

The cabaret club music is catchy, but honestly its not even in my top 10 tracks in this game. Its an incredibly solid soundtrack and for me there's only one theme deserved of the top spot:

Fuuuuuu! that track always gets my adrenalin flowing and Kuze is a baddass boss! now I need to replay the game again!!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Wait whaaat!?

I greatly enjoyed the throwbacks to Y0's Club Sunshine in YK2, but that's disappointing that they removed a host club. I think there's just a fun angle you could go with.

Yeah, its a real pity:

It basically plays just like the hostess clubs of old in the series, except your trying to romance 3-4? female customers so that you can become top host. Its one of those fun things that I really missed in the remake.

Speaking of hostess clubs and Yakuza 2 - not sure how many people here played the original Yakuza 2 but originally the Cabaret Club Management mini game was very, very different to the one you get in Kiwami 2. In OG Yakuza 2 you managed the Club Marietta in Kamurocho. And the idea of the mini game is picking the correct decor for the club with the budget you have, which gets you more money, rinse and repeat. Your helping the owner as his club is failing...
I'll be honest, Kiwami 2 kinda kicks its ass. The ability to change the setup of the club is nice but its easy to get stuck in a rut if you pick the wrong setup (at least, that's what happened for me) and the story is only ok. Now Kiwami 2? Well that continues the plot of 0's club stuff so its just way better. Plus bonus points for Kiwami 2 not needing me to separately date 10! hostesses as that was one hell of a slog to fight Amon back in the day. Though really, if you can its worth playing both Yakuza 2 and Kiwami 2 just to see the differences.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
Cabaret club is also in Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, I didn't like it as much but it does twist things up a bit by allowing two girls per table. Plus you can murder customers if they get unruly.

marimo

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the one in Kiwami 2 and now I'm sad because I've run out. That makeover song...so good.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
Cabaret club is also in Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, I didn't like it as much but it does twist things up a bit by allowing two girls per table. Plus you can murder customers if they get unruly.

FoTNS: Lost Paradise was where I finally liked the Cabaret. Killing the unruly customers cracked me up. I should gotta go back to Y0 and Kiwami 2 and play the minigame again.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City

I dunno, I am not terribly into Yakuza's brand of rocking out with electric guitars.

But there are definitely exceptions:

(if you haven't beaten the game yet, I suggest not listening to this, because it's just soooo hype when it plays.)

And of course the all-time classic, Receive You, the very first song from the very first Yakuza game.

...which reminds me, supposedly there's a remix of Receive You in Yakuza 0 if you beat Kiryu's real estate game.

PedroRVD

Oct 25, 2017
Ecuador
The things that happen to the story, to the girls, the side missions about the cabaret are GOLD.

And they are even better in Kiwami 2. Omg this game.

Yuki <3

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I just realized koyuki in Kiwami 2 is called that because she's basically small (young) Yuki

She does have her own distinct personality though thankfully

Oct 25, 2017
So good that I still pop in the game to play just that game even though I've long finished the story.

This minigame cries out for a mobile spin-off.

OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017
I just played pool with Ai to train her.

I got the first 8 balls in.

She got the 9th one. I lost. "I didn't think you'd be worse than me."

-__________________________________-

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Addicting, isn't it? 😉 Fist Of The North Star: Lost Paradise has it too. I found myself playing that more than the main game.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
I dunno, I am not terribly into Yakuza's brand of rocking out with electric guitars.

But there are definitely exceptions:

(if you haven't beaten the game yet, I suggest not listening to this, because it's just soooo hype when it plays.)

And of course the all-time classic, Receive You, the very first song from the very first Yakuza game.

...which reminds me, supposedly there's a remix of Receive You in Yakuza 0 if you beat Kiryu's real estate game.

There is:

It plays whenever you
use dragon style
It's my personal favorite version of "Receive You."

Kenstar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Earth
SHAME ON YOU ALL
No one's linked the actual song during the actual minigame part

Irasshaimase, O-Kyaku-sama
Irasshaimase