• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lucky Aces

Banned
Dec 7, 2020
8c3df61daf48b8cec16c0d549f668b0d.jpg

Yep. Even this guy kept coming back by just looking like him.

Im surprised there isn't Ewan Mcgregor Jesus movie yet. The look was and still is there...

Plus he's actual Jesus.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
He's not all that. Did he even even dodge any bullets, or destroy the moon?

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
It's even worse than you think OP.

Not only did Jesus see his death coming, but his father gawd literally set up the whole universe to require Jesus's death. We can skip the part where Jesus and God are the same dude and "death" for a god isn't really death at all. But either way, god knew this would happen the moment he created the earth if we go by the Bible strictly. So it's all basically masturbatory pageantry.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017

Not only did Jesus see his death coming, but his father gawd literally set up the whole universe to require Jesus's death. We can skip the part where Jesus and God are the same dude and "death" for a god isn't really death at all. But either way, god knew this would happen the moment he created the earth if we go by the Bible strictly. So it's all basically masturbatory pageantry.
Judas was no traitor after all, just the hand of God.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
I still think it's pretty fucking bullshit that this guy isn't mentioned for like the entire first half of the book, then suddenly rocks up to Mary Sue everything and save the damn world, like wtf. I know the writers changed but that's some serious narrative whiplash, it's practically a completely different story.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
The marketing for the book is so misleading. Like all that hype for then Donkey at Xmas and he's cut from the finished product.

You can tell there was no outline from the start. More star wars sequel trilogy than MCU.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Jesus was OP and then the writers nerfed him for the last supper. Fucking bullshit. Waiting for the Zack Snyder cut.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
He needed to "die", so people didn't suspect the real source of his abilities was a ring of power.

OP
OP
halcali

halcali

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hong Kong SAR

"Jesus never masterbated" -- Fellatios 69:69

leenbzoold

Apr 5, 2018
Couldn't Jesus have prevented the assassination??
The goal wasnt to show that he could evade death in some way.
Anyone could do that, especially when the threat is just some mere mortals comming to arrest you.
The goal was to show that he could rise again from being actually dead, and for that you would obviously need to die first.
And it needed to be done by public officials, so people would believe that he is actually dead and it's not just some trick.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I still think it's pretty fucking bullshit that this guy isn't mentioned for like the entire first half of the book, then suddenly rocks up to Mary Sue everything and save the damn world, like wtf. I know the writers changed but that's some serious narrative whiplash, it's practically a completely different story.
It wasn't there fault, they had to pick up the story somehow and a new character was a good way to breathe life into the series

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
When it comes down to it, this God guy is a pretty shitty creator. Dude kept fucking up and rebooting along with relying on others to fix his shit. Also just kind of an egotistical asshole. He's basically a Vince McMahon booked baby face.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
The poor writing quality is to be expected when The New Testament is just Hebrew Bible fanfic with a ridiculously OP author self-insert for a main character.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
When it comes down to it, this God guy is a pretty shitty creator. Dude kept fucking up and rebooting along with relying on others to fix his shit. Also just kind of an egotistical asshole. He's basically a Vince McMahon booked baby face.
Yeah, he is one kind of a Dick. The New Testament was some PR move after the hardcore stuff of the Old.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
No Jesus is not invincible, that's like a central theme of christianity. But I don't want to spoil chapter 3 for you.

Also jesus is not all seeing and all knowing

Yggfk

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
IIT: people complaining about spoilers for a 2000 year old young adult novel that was rebooted countless times.

Grow up, peeps.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When you're writing a fairytale about a God character, it's hard not to have plot holes

Axon

Banned
Mar 9, 2020

Oof stuff like this is why I cant get into the jesus expanded universe. The fan-service and heavy handed symbolism is just through the roof. That pose at the bottom, yes I know it looks like a cross... do you need to reference it in every new adapation only because it was in the original story?

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Title is fine but a spoiler tag for the OP would be appreciated. I'm waiting for Disney to roll him into the MCU.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Oof stuff like this is why I cant get into the jesus expanded universe. The fan-service and heavy handed symbolism is just through the roof. That pose at the bottom, yes I know it looks like a cross... do you need to reference it in every new adapation only because it was in the original story?

Yeah, people complain about Original Trilogy wank in all new SW media, but this franchise has it far worse. Not a single original plotline in, what, two millenia?

He's not all that. Did he even even dodge any bullets, or destroy the moon?

He couldn't even dodge a handful of nails...

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Don't we have a What Are you Reading thread? I don't think many here know of this new book you're talking about.

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Talking about Jesus, do you think he'll make his come back BEFORE or AFTER George R. R. Martin finishes The Winds of Winter?