• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
CNBC reports that he's going to be "in character" and that Steph being installed is a power play

I would say I'm surprised that the prick would dare to try and play this off in kayfabe but I'm not.

Considering he hasn't been on TV for a while, what need is there to address the kayfabe CEO stepping away, other than to gaslight the gullible stand up for WWE fans into thinking this is all a work?

Im a broken record on saying that Vince is a monster but his lack of shame and tact has no bottom.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
And there are already groups of "E warriors" online calling the woman horrible names, making fat jokes about Nia Jax, and saying some really racist shit towards Sasha and Naomi like I figured they would from that garbage fanbase. Vince going on TV to kayfabe about these allegations (especially passing the woman around to Laurinitis like a toy) is beyond disgusting.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I would say I'm surprised that the prick would dare to try and play this off in kayfabe but I'm not.

Considering he hasn't been on TV for a while, what need is there to address the kayfabe CEO stepping away, other than to gaslight the gullible stand up for WWE fans into thinking this is all a work?

Im a broken record on saying that Vince is a monster but his lack of shame and tact has no bottom.

Part of me hopes a male or female wrestler interrupts him to call him out on his bullshit live but they would cut the mic the second that person mentions that Vince McMahon is abusing his power and asking if there's female wrestlers he's passing around like toys too.

I want it to be Sasha Banks to interrupt him or hell, MJF may as well bring bridges at WWE too for him.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
yeesh. when vince dies, i expect to read a headline like "founder and ceo of WWE, vince mcmahon has passed away at the age of 137. will still remain in charge of creative"

let it go dude jfc

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Part of me hopes a male or female wrestler interrupts him to call him out on his bullshit live but they would cut the mic the second that person mentions that Vince McMahon is abusing his power and asking if there's female wrestlers he's passing around like toys too.

I want it to be Sasha Banks to interrupt him or hell, MJF may as well bring bridges at WWE too for him.

And this would 100% be a work as well, which would be disgusting.

Autumn

Avenger
Apr 1, 2018
Steph will just be a puppet.

WWE is a cult of personality run by McMahon so I do wonder how the personal management-talent relationship will continue since you can't just go up to the Boss now.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
And this would 100% be a work as well, which would be disgusting.

I really want the interruption to not be a work, but I know that's not possible. A mic that's not connected to their PA or a bullhorn.

I really hope Minneapolis just boos the fuck out of him tonight. As loud as humanly possible. Don't let him fucking speak.

Sadly, most of the WWE audience in arenas now worship Vince's alpha male bullshit.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Vince just walked out happy on the opening of Smackdown, the crowd cheered him, he thanked them and promoted WWE core principles in 2-3 sentences, and then he walked out.

He totally no-sold the entire thing.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
www.wsj.com

WSJ News Exclusive | WWE’s Vince McMahon Agreed to Pay $12 Million in Hush Money to Four Women

The longtime chief of World Wrestling Entertainment secured nondisclosure agreements over the past 16 years to keep secret allegations of sexual misconduct and infidelity.

Well, seems like Vince paid 12 million dollars to 4 women instead of only 1
we-got.gif

If only

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
"Settlements include a $7.5 million pact with a former wrestler who alleged that Mr. McMahon coerced her into giving him oral sex and then demoted her and declined to renew her contract in 2005 after she resisted further sexual encounters."

Oof. This is WAY more specific than the article thinks.

EDIT: good point kradical. Removed.

Last edited:

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Vince coming out so much isn't even about the ratings at this point (that Smackdown bump wasn't even that significant and the second hour still rated higher anyway). It's about showing everyone, the fans and the people in the back, that he's still in control and this ship is still his.

Neonzel

Hero of Bowerstone
Apr 30, 2018
Philadelphia
The Fed fans will still bow to him.
I do wonder whats the overlap between them and Trump fans. With the average age being in the late 60s, it's probably a good portion.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The issue for Vince will be if it can be proven that he used company money for this. But from a moral perspective unfortunately I doubt the give a shit and it doesn't seem to be hurting their bottom line or their perception with WWE fans.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017

The only way any repercussions were to happen is if the sponsors started to get pressured to pull their ads, but even then I'm not sure that would work. Vince McMahon could just decide to leave network TV since he has Peacock over the barrel and we all know FOX won't cave in.

The other option is for the entire women's roster to leave to show solidarity with the women paid $12 million but I could foresee Michael Cole listlessly appearing to say how they're a 'disappointment' and all of them are 'suspended indefinitely.' Becky Lynch honestly would be one of the ones to speak up on live TV since she acts like she's been looking for the exit for quite awhile.

I would expect the WWE universe to boo and shout him down the next time Vince McMahon appears on TV but they sing along to his theme song and make bowing motions.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The face when Vince paid more money for sex than for WCW

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
MOD EDIT: Content deleted

Edit - I wasn't aware that this is considered doxxing. My apologies.

But those of y'all on this board who still watch and support this company really give a damn what Vince does. It's gross.

Last edited by a moderator:

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
So that wrestler who was released in 2005 was

But those of y'all on this board who still watch and support this company really give a damn what Vince does. It's gross.

Y'all need to quit trying to figure out who it was. They're a victim of abuse, plain and simple. That's all you need to know.

Vince McMahon can burn in hell

Last edited:

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
This article gets way too specific with one of the victims, not cool at all.

Of course, this all effing sucks. Vince is going to come out and get another pop tonight on Smackdown. It's all so incredibly gross.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I will never understand how people still support this shitty company, there is way better competition so there is no excuse at this point.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the Rock or Cena will continue associating themselves with WWE

Probably as this story goes through mainstream media, they'll get asked about it but I don't see them dissociating themselves. The Rock maybe. John Cena doesn't seem like he would (he's rumored to have equally underhanded things that he did so he wouldn't dare anything).

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Probably as this story goes through mainstream media, they'll get asked about it but I don't see them dissociating themselves. The Rock maybe. John Cena doesn't seem like he would (he's rumored to have equally underhanded things that he did so he wouldn't dare anything).

This sounds made up. What are the rumors?

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
This sounds made up. What are the rumors?

Basically, the relationship with him and Mickie James and everything surrounding her first release with the company (who knows how much of that is John Cena's fault though so that can't really be held against him or even against Mickie James). Not to mention that John Cena had the ear of Vince McMahon for a lot of his feuds and prevented wrestlers from getting further than they wanted career wise. I don't think John Cena would speak out because McMahon knows his secrets.