• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Cut from the same horrible garish cloth

Also, they're quite literally friends.

Yep, they are like the same person in a lot of warped ways. McMahon is like Trump if Trump had, like, a real work ethic or something

You do know his wife was part of Trumps Cabinet? You also know that she helped bankroll January 6?

Yeah, I'm aware (at least of being part of his cabinet, didn't know about the Jan 6 stuff, but surprised), but not sure what that has to do with what I said?

Oct 29, 2017
Yep, they are like the same person in a lot of warped ways. McMahon is like Trump if Trump had, like, a real work ethic or something

Yeah, I'm aware (at least of being part of his cabinet, didn't know about the Jan 6 stuff, but surprised), but not sure what that has to do with what I said?
You're good. I just wanted to mention what type of people the McMahon's are.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
There's also the story that Vince threatened to fire Torrie Wilson's then boyfriend Billy Kidman if she wouldn't make out with Vince on an episode of Smackdown.

To hear more gross shit that WWE has done with their women, go look up Serena Deeb and Athena's/Ember Moon's interview about the shit they went through over there.

Also remember that Vince fired Dawn Marie for daring to get pregnant.

It's a disgusting company.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
To hear more gross shit that WWE has done with their women, go look up Serena Deeb and Athena's/Ember Moon's interview about the shit they went through over there.

Also remember that Vince fired Dawn Marie for daring to get pregnant.

It's a disgusting company.
I remember the angle where Vince made Trish Stratus get on all fours and bark like a dog. Really heinous shit.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
She "took a leave of absence to focus on her family" that no one knew was coming except people immediately close to her. Then they fired an executive that reported directly to her and hired a new person that does some of what Steph used to do.
And then an anonymous "WWE source" trashed Stephanie to Business Insider after she left, which was very eyebrow raising. Stuff like that doesn't happen without Vince's consent

Sep 2, 2018
Is anybody really surprised by this? Vince and the WWE are a treasure chest of scandal and have been for almost 40 years. Pro wrestling is filled with monsters throughout it's history, so it's just part of fabric at this point. If he gets charged it won't change anything

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Fightful is talking about it and SRS is saying that this is the biggest threat to Vince's power in 25 years, since the Steroid Trial. He said he'd be surprised if Laurenitis is still here after this.

I'm amazed Johnny Ace got brought back in considering how little pople thought of him. Was always a weird one!
New Darkside episode in a few years?

They signed an agreement with the fed to access their archives and are changing their format going forward to be less "controversial" (though that was only announced it the past few weeks). They're not touching Vince at all.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
McMahon is a lot like Trump, I feel. It seems somehow, someway he can weather just about any storm and manage to come out on the other end. Maybe this will be the thing that finally sinks him, but I doubt. I feel like the best case scenario will just be him finally selling the company, making him richer than he is now, and then just fading into the ether until he dies
He's only gotten away with it for so long because in general the mainstream media/public doesn't give a shit about wrestling.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
They signed an agreement with the fed to access their archives and are changing their format going forward to be less "controversial" (though that was only announced it the past few weeks). They're not touching Vince at all.

Not so sure about that. Think the news was that Vice is partnering with WWE to do a series on the old territory days, but it sounded like it was instead of, or at least distinct from Dark Side of the Ring. Hopefully this news puts a wrinkle in those plans and they do a "Many Scandals of Vince McMahon season"

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
John Laurinaitis likes to give the "budget cut" excuse when releasing a talent.

Will John Laurinaitis give himself a "budget cut"?

Last edited:

PeterThePanda

Jun 10, 2020
Spain
The biggest trick the devil pulled was to use the fact that he is the devil to get Stone Cold over.

McMahon is an inmovable object. I will be 60 and he will keep running the show through holograms and TV screens while being on a sterilized tube, Mr. House style.

Laurinaitis gonna get the boot though , thats for sure.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Did Vince sexually assault her or was it consensual?
The dynamics of the relationship are not good either way but I don't know that the woman has used the term sexual assault. The part about her being passed off to another executive does not sound consensual, and she was quoted as being scared. WWE's lawyer says it was consensual which is of course the line they will take.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
The dynamics of the relationship are not good either way but I don't know that the woman has used the term sexual assault. The part about her being passed off to another executive does not sound consensual, and she was quoted as being scared. WWE's lawyer says it was consensual which is of course the line they will take.
What do you mean? if it was consensual then how would the dynamics not be good?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
A superior (the actual head of the company at that) dating a person in the company is never a good idea. There are extreme power dynamics at play, especially for someone like her who apparently was struggling to look after a parent and so would be extremely reliant on her salary to provide for her family.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
The power dynamics. He's a billionaire with a lot of influence, and he was her boss, and would could possibly take steps to sink her entire career if he wanted to with the influence he has.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
Though given everything with the WWE that's come out over the years, their HR is probably non-existent.
Yeah, there definitely seems to be a sick culture there though I think the goal for most HR departments is to protect the interests of the company first before really caring about employees. I know someone who used to work in their office in CT and he told me it was a ridiculously demanding job with no work-life balance and no communication between departments, he lasted all of six months, he thought it would be a dream job to say "I work for the WWE" but I guess it was a meat grinder.

I definitely believe this woman had no real recourse, who could she have gone to if it's the CEO who's doing it? She is basically forced to bring this to the general public for anything to actually be done

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
She technically wasn't quoted. It's all a second hand account of what she said. The woman can't speak about it due to the NDA.

BobLablow

Apr 18, 2018

As others have said, the power dynamic of an owner/boss with an employee.

But also her salary was doubled after the relationship started, at the same time as wrestlers were being let go due to "budget issues".

Steps aside as CEO, Stephanie McMahon named interim CEO
OP
OP
Serene

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Effective immediately, Vince McMahon has stepped aside as WWE CEO and Chairman. Stephanie McMahon will be interim CEO and Chairwoman.

corporate.wwe.com

WWE® & Board of Directors Joint Release

WWE® & Board of Directors Joint Release

> WWE (NYSE: WWE) and the Board of Directors today announced that a Special Committee of the Board is conducting an investigation into alleged misconduct by its Chairman and CEO Vincent McMahon and John Laurinaitis, head of talent relations, and that, effective immediately, McMahon has voluntarily stepped back from his responsibilities as CEO and Chairman of the Board until the conclusion of the investigation. McMahon will retain his role and responsibilities related to WWE's creative content during this period and remains committed to cooperating with the review underway. The Special Committee has appointed Stephanie McMahon to serve as interim CEO and interim Chairwoman.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Nick Khan lost? (I know Stephania was chosen because she is both a McMahon and being incredibly linked and experienced to the company making it an easy transition in times of incredible doubt, her being a woman is also a plus considering the issue why Vince is under investigation).

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
So they're investigating themselves (aka nothing will happen) and Vince remains in control of all creative during the "investigation."

Just a trash company through and through.

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So they're investigating themselves (aka nothing will happen) and Vince remains in control of all creative during the "investigation."

Just a trash company through and through.

http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-eu.s3.amazonaws.com%2F898e9008-fbdc-11e8-aebf-99e208d3e521

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
This solves nothing. Still a fucking garbage company, just with a different McMahon in charge temporarily.

And of course he's going to use this opportunity to draw in more viewers. What a fucking monster. I hope the people who still watch and support this company on Era are pleased with themselves.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
My god there is a great show or movie in all this. Wait there is already lol. God I'd love to be a fly on the wall.

Stephanie with the shortest leave of absence.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
This solves nothing. Still a fucking garbage company, just with a different McMahon in charge temporarily.

And of course he's going to use this opportunity to draw in more viewers. What a fucking monster. I hope the people who still watch and support this company on Era are pleased with themselves.

You're 100% right.

I don't understand how people don't understand nothing is going to change. When someone has no shame, they cannot be held accountable. "I got caught. so what? and?.... Oh I'm not quitting my job." This applies to anyone who doesn't have shame. Those type of people just get mad at being caught and mad at the people who call them out.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
CNBC reports that he's going to be "in character" and that Steph being installed is a power play