• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 2, 2017
This is, legitimately, basically the tip of the iceberg in terms of scummy Vince McMahon stories. I do not say that to downplay this story, but to suggest what vile shit he's gotten covered up along the way. If you want the real stomach-churning stuff, go look up the Ring Boy scandal.

What's new is big media attention on his gross bullshit for the first real time since the steroid trial.

is it possible for them to do this?

Like, just straight vote him out? No. Vince has like 80% of the voting power.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
Sadly, even with the board investigating it, I don't see anything happening. I can see Vince McMahon kick the can down the road about his "retirement" to appease the board but I can see Vince pulling a move to replace the board the more they investigate. Not sure if even Johnny Ace would get in trouble or let go. The only thing they don't like is getting caught, not anything that leads to change. Let's not forget Vince's confrontational tone with reporters trying to dig up anything about him (Bob Costas, "I resent your tone" press conference, etc).

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
"It was reported that 'Vince McMahon passed an employee over to Laurenitis like a toy'", wow.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
This is, legitimately, basically the tip of the iceberg in terms of scummy Vince McMahon stories. I do not say that to downplay this story, but to suggest what vile shit he's gotten covered up along the way. If you want the real stomach-churning stuff, go look up the Ring Boy scandal.

What's new is big media attention on his gross bullshit for the first real time since the steroid trial.

Like, just straight vote him out? No. Vince has like 80% of the voting power.
Oh yeah, I've always thought about what kind of vile shit that this company has hidden in its closet that nobody wants to speak out. We've heard appalling things about WWE in the 2000's, but just think how much more of a shithole that place was in the 80's and 90's when it was a private company.

Spikemouth

Nov 30, 2018
We've seen Nick Khan slowly knocking off the McMahon family and taking over more and more of the company. And let's say Nick Khan ends up taking over the company while Vince and John step down.

But what if… Hear me out… what if Nick Khan ends up being a good thing for WWE? With AEW putting so much pressure on WWE, maybe there's a small amount of hope that Nick Khan takes WWE out of the PG era and into an Attitude 2.0 type era to compete with AEW?

Honestly it's completely doubtful that this happens. But I've questioned if someone other than the McMahon family being in charge could lead to a brighter future for the company and the fans.

And if the company did go up for sale, I highly doubt Tony Khan would be allowed to buy it. I would think that Fox would try to get someone to compete against Tony Khan and Warner.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A popular rumor I'm seeing on Twitter is that HHH leaked this in a GoT-esque revenge scheme….
well they fucked him over and got rid of most of people he hired and trusted. there are rumors that they are also getting rid of stephanie so why would he remain loyal to fucking vince? at this point vince seems to be the one holding the company back. all the people he has surrounded himself with are a bunch of yes men that aren't really contributing shit. the product is the worst its been for a really long time and they are losing viewers every year.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
We've seen Nick Khan slowly knocking off the McMahon family and taking over more and more of the company. And let's say Nick Khan ends up taking over the company while Vince and John step down.

But what if… Hear me out… what if Nick Khan ends up being a good thing for WWE? With AEW putting so much pressure on WWE, maybe there's a small amount of hope that Nick Khan takes WWE out of the PG era and into an Attitude 2.0 type era to compete with AEW?

Honestly it's completely doubtful that this happens. But I've questioned if someone other than the McMahon family being in charge could lead to a brighter future for the company and the fans.

And if the company did go up for sale, I highly doubt Tony Khan would be allowed to buy it. I would think that Fox would try to get someone to compete against Tony Khan and Warner.
I'm fine with the program being PG, tbh. Just needs a way better creative. Long-term storylines, pushing the talent the fans latch onto. That sort of thing. Attitude era is a relic of it's time.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
i mean, this is the man that paid off Stone Cold's wife to not go public about the abuse she suffered because of Stone Cold... among a million other things!!

People still worship stone cold here and it's gross. Vince is legit one of the worst people that ever lived. That sounds like hyperbole until you go through that guy's past. What a terrible shitty person and a terrible fucking company.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco

There is an irony that the only people that would probably be willing to buy WWE, have probably convinced themselves that Vince McMahon is the only one that can run a successful wrestling company.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
well they fucked him over and got rid of most of people he hired and trusted. there are rumors that they are also getting rid of stephanie so why would he remain loyal to fucking vince? at this point vince seems to be the one holding the company back. all the people he has surrounded himself with are a bunch of yes men that aren't really contributing shit. the product is the worst its been for a really long time and they are losing viewers every year.

I don't disagree at all with any of that…just saw that on Twitter and found it widely fascinating…

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017

Y'all, and listen to me very carefully, the attitude era fucking sucked. It was held up by it's more digestible hardcore stuff than ECW and the charisma of it's multitude of workers. You think stories/Raw's feel redundant now, you'd be shocked to watch old Raw's. I was without internet a few years back so I'd pass the time watching old shows. There was a month where every Raw was ended with The Rock in the main event with DX interfering.

I don't care if it's PG as there's been some tremendous stuff during PG era. What I care about is good storylines that pay off and wrestlers being able to be more their character and less the character the script says. More than anything, I want good wrestling weekly. WWE needs to provide these things, not blood and swearing.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK

Khan isn't gonna do anything like that because WWEs entire deal for raw and Smackdown is aimed around it being a PG show and trying to maximise profits through merch, sponsorship deals etc.

Khan isn't a wrestling mark, he is a business man who was brought in to streamline the company, reduce bloat and maximise their revenue streams, potentially for a sale down the line to a network.

Jul 2, 2021
Vince McMahon is a piece of shit. Ever since I heard the story about Jimmy Snuka I hated Vince. And the horrible stories kept coming.
Fuck this guy.

Oct 31, 2017
Y'all, and listen to me very carefully, the attitude era fucking sucked. It was held up by it's more digestible hardcore stuff than ECW and the charisma of it's multitude of workers. You think stories/Raw's feel redundant now, you'd be shocked to watch old Raw's.

I rewatched the Attitude Era a few years ago.

It was fantastic. That's the short version anyway. I could go into some storyline issues for major stories, but all in all, it was a hell of a time with some of the most entertaining promos I've seen and some of the most memorable payoffs. And Survivor Series 1998 is one of the most well-written PPVs they ever put out.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I rewatched the Attitude Era a few years ago.

It was fantastic. That's the short version anyway. I could go into some storyline issues for major stories, but all in all, it was a hell of a time with some of the most entertaining promos I've seen.

That's part of the "charismatic workers". Storylines, the weekly minutiae, matches with wrestlers that clearly just weren't any good. You can look at the PPVs or big matches/storylines and say it's awesome, but watching the weekly product from start to finish was terrible.

Edit: Foley cut an all-time great, if not THE all-time great promo for ECW. I wouldn't call that product fantastic on its best day.

Oct 31, 2017
That's part of the "charismatic workers". Storylines, the weekly minutiae, matches with wrestlers that clearly just weren't any good. You can look at the PPVs or big matches/storylines and say it's awesome, but watching the weekly product from start to finish was terrible.

Edit: Foley cut an all-time great, if not THE all-time great promo for ECW. I wouldn't call that product fantastic on its best day.

I watched the weekly product. It was great and actually felt spontaneous and exciting. WWE has been overproduced for a while.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I watched the weekly product. It was great and actually felt spontaneous and exciting. WWE has been overproduced for a while.

What year/months did you watch? Did you think the storylines were good? Were the matches good? What do you mean "spontaneous"? Less scripted? That's not an "attitude era only" type thing.

Of course if you're comparing it to the overproduce product of today it's going to look like a godsend. Hell, the last year of WCW probably looks amazing under that lens.

Edit: You know, I'm not gonna respond anymore to this. It's muddying the point of thread.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The conspiracy theories being thrown out are great.

Latest one was highlighting that over the last few years they have been cutting talent like mad for "budget cuts" and it's probably to cover up the hush Money payment losses.

I don't think those.wete because of this but it's a nice narrative.

Oct 31, 2017
What year/months did you watch? Did you think the storylines were good? Were the matches good? What do you mean "spontaneous"? Less scripted? That's not an attitude era staple.

Of course if you're comparing it to the overproduce product of today it's going to look like a godsend. Hell, the last year of WCW probably looks amazing under that lens.

Wrestlemania 1998 - Wrestlemania 2001

Yes.

Yes.

It felt spontaneous. Yes, it's a staple of the Attitude Era. It certainly wasn't a staple of 1995 Raw, which mostly featured videos, some promos, and a few matches. Whether it was the guitar outros going to and coming out of commercials, being able to go to a match to promo to match quickly, having a promo start unannounced and without having a big graphic of "Wrestler X responds... next," a whole host of things made it feel like an energetic romp

Also, I'm responding to you in particular because you're certainly not alone in your views, but sometimes I feel like people who say this are under the impression that people who talk positively about the Attitude Era haven't watched it in a while and they have to open our eyes to the truth. Many of us who like it have watched much of it in recent years, made easier with the Network.

Edit: You know, I'm not gonna respond anymore to this. It's muddying the point of thread.

Not a problem.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
I am 100% absolutely not surprised about this. I'd love it if this means the beginning of the end of Vince McMahon's reign but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Wonder if Laurinaitis is going to publicly take the fall or whatever for good ol' Vinny Mac to remain in place.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
If this is what it takes to get this piece of human garbage out of the WWE and into a retirement/jail where we never hear from him again, good.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
WokpEEIyM7fDN3M5uDceFwdCjVcEiXmh9HWR5_2Ecuw.jpg

Almost there

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Makes me think Stephanie knew this was coming and bolted. Vince didn't like that.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Hahaha, literally the least surprising thing I have heard all day. If I read the headline without knowing who did it, first person to come up to my mind would be Vincent Kennedy McMahon. What an absolute shithead.

Also, Bryan and Brie, you need to have talk with the daddy. I hope the mommy bella divorces him.
If this is what it takes to get this piece of human garbage out of the WWE and into a retirement/jail where we never hear from him again, good.
This is quite big scandal, Comcast cannot ignore something in this scale. Both Vinny and Johnny are gone for sure.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
This guy & his numerous real life scandals are one of the reasons why I stopped watching WWE a long time ago. Him & his right-wing wrestlers can have it.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Hahaha, literally the least surprising thing I have heard all day. If I read the headline without knowing who did it, first person to come up to my mind would be Vincent Kennedy McMahon. What an absolute shithead.

Also, Bryan and Brie, you need to have talk with the daddy. I hope the mommy bella divorces him.

This is quite big scandal, Comcast cannot ignore something in this scale. Both Vinny and Johnny are gone for sure.

Momma Bella isn't doing anything. If she can be fine with her two twin daughters fucking her husband, then she won't care.