• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
LMAO

tenor.gif

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
So realistically, how much jail time could Weisselberg actually look at for this?

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
Michael Cohen touches on their payment schemes in his book. These ar 15 felony counts, with grand larceny 2nd degree carrying up to a 15 year sentence. The trump org is screwed folks. I think a lot of folks feel discouraged like accountability never happens, but I really encourage you to look into these charges, how the Trump org operates, and all the schemes they have been accused of being a part of. This is the first of many more indictments to come. It will be interesting to watch this play out, I personally don't think listening to snap judgement from non-experts on what is happening here is very wise.

He ran his company like the mob, there is plenty for prosecutors to find and more than enough loyal trump mobsters like Cohen who got snubbed and are ready to get their revenge. If our justice system has a modicum of legitimacy left this is going to get worse and worse for the trump org. I share people's apprehension to get too excited, but yeah, signs point to a company that will soon be 6 feet underground and it could drag everyone under with it.

Last edited:

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
so obviously no one in the trump organisation watched The Wire. Stringer laid it down years ago. Idiots.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Michael Cohen touches on their payment schemes in his book. These ar 15 felony counts, with grand larceny 2nd degree carrying up to a 15 year sentence. The trump org is screwed folks. I think a lot of folks feel discouraged like accountability never happens, but I really encourage you to look into these charges, how the Trump org operates, and all the schemes they have been accused of being a part of. This is the first of many more indictments to come. It will be interesting to watch this play out, I personally don't think listening to snap judgement from non-experts on what is happening here is very wise.
This would be a Capone style takedown basically? All of Trumps assets(properties and vehicles, not to mention cash) are in the company. Company has always run on a heavy level of forward buy just like a Ponzi along with asset inflation. Freeze that for a year, throw in the 900 million owes and Trump not only loses everything but pocket cash that won't last long with his lifestyle but he also has nasty foreign debtors at his door

Bryo4321

Nov 20, 2017
This would be a Capone style takedown basically? All of Trumps assets(properties and vehicles, not to mention cash) are in the company. Company has always run on a heavy level of forward buy just like a Ponzi along with asset inflation. Freeze that for a year, throw in the 900 million owes and Trump not only loses everything but pocket cash that won't last long with his lifestyle but he also has nasty foreign debtors at his door
Yup, I've seen a lot of legal experts like Glenn Kirschner imply that this seems to be the strategy. I hope they are right, and I will be watching it very closely. And I think it's worth keeping in mind that the Jan 6 select committee has only just been announced. Who knows what they mind find, but I personally don't doubt for a second Donald Trump is directly involved. These doofuses were reckless because they thought they had it in the bag, and I think the presidency is what was protecting him and his company. I think he knew what would happen if he lost, and there is reporting that seems to substantiate this.

Last edited:

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
It's about time. I also wonder if they're also going to charge Trump for instigating violence by constantly pushing his big lie about the election being "stolen."

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DOJ is silent, but there are federal tax crimes here. Are they just going to ignore them?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It's about time. I also wonder if they're also going to charge Trump for instigating violence by constantly pushing his big lie about the election being "stolen."
This is both easier to try and can take away his resources. Which is huge because no bank will work with him now, without the Trump Org he has nothing

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Since I never expected Trump to face actual jail time, I'm willing to settle for him to live in a fucking trash can.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
This is both easier to try and can take away his resources. Which is huge because no bank will work with him now, without the Trump Org he has nothing

Since I never expected Trump to face actual jail time, I'm willing to settle for him to live in a fucking trash can.
That would be the best outcome, as being broke, penniless & losing all his buildings due to charges, lawsuits & owed loans would be a lot worse for Trump than being in prison.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Yup, I've seen a lot of legal experts like Glenn Kirschner imply that this seems to be the strategy. I hope they are right, and I will be watching it very closely. And I think it's worth keeping in mind that the Jan 6 select committee has only just been announced. Who knows what they mind find, but I personally don't doubt for a second Donald Trump is directly involved. These doofuses were reckless because they thought they had it in the bag, and I think the presidency is what was protecting him and his company. I think he knew what would happen if he lost, and there is reporting that seems to substantiate this.
That was one of the reasons why he was trying so hard to stay as president, why he kept talking about wanting to have a 3rd term & praising dictators like Kim Jong Un, Vladimir Putin & Xi Jinping; To protect his ass, his assets & his money.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, why did these people not burn evidence and such or is it keep records so you can make a deal to sell a bigger fish if ever caught?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So, why did these people not burn evidence and such or is it keep records so you can make a deal to sell a bigger fish if ever caught?
Because you can't prove collusion without paperwork and a lot of this stuff can be figured out from required federal and state paperwork, the irs is just too understaffed to target the big fish normally

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
What happen to the trump stuff about over valuing property?

Oct 25, 2017
It's a longterm criminal enterprise. Generational, even. Yet they're still very dumb criminals. I'm sure there's an equation one could do to divide criminality over time and intelligence.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Keep in mind that having no records at all is really bad, so you need false records. But the false records fall apart if you don't have the real records to build those false records from. Fraud is very hard when you're trying to present a legitimate front.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's a longterm criminal enterprise. Generational, even. Yet they're still very dumb criminals. I'm sure there's an equation one could do to divide criminality over time and intelligence.
Keep in mind that having no records at all is really bad, so you need false records. But the false records fall apart if you don't have the real records to build those false records from. Fraud is very hard when you're trying to present a legitimate front.

Yeah, that makes sense but considering the magnifying glass is on them, did they just think, we're fucked, oh well. I guess there is always a trail they can't escape from in financials.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017

In this instance I think it's because of how the parties concerned want these as records for their purposes. People want to know how much the Trump Org owes them, and the Trump Org wants to be able to show when they don't owe a penny more. If you have arguments between two parties on how much money is owed, even if how that money is owed is rather less than legal, then you have the files to back it up.

And then just hope the people you don't want seeing them, never see them