• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
7aa72b0010fa20046550d99fdbc7f0ec.gif

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
He should do it and fracture the GOP. Although it'd be super depressing that the US would leave a 2 party system to become a 3 party system with one centrist party and two far right parties

Nov 18, 2020
Come on, Trump! Get all the TRUE PATRIOTS to break from the CORRUPT GOP WHO LET BIDEN STEAL THE ELECTION!

Don't let TRAITORS like MIKE PENCE and MITCH MCCONNELL lead your party!

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
He should do it and fracture the GOP. Although it'd be super depressing that the US would leave a 2 party system to become a 3 party system with one centrist party and two far right parties

The US wouldn't suddenly become a parliamentary democracy if Trump forms a new party. The Democrats would go more to the left and still be the dominant party while the other two fight over a smaller share of the pie. Eventually one will eat the other though and we'll be back to two parties. This has happened before in US history.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Conservative Right American Zionist Independence party.

The CRAZIES will win the nation.

And Trump will lead them all.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
I'd love to see it, but I have serious doubts he'll be able to find the funding for it.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
By definition he won, and the Republican party obtained a perfect trifecta, at least at first. If no Patriot Party or whatever member gets elected, at all, it's just pathetic.

True, but since then he has done nothing but lose, over and over and over again. And boy was it pathetic.

So I don't see why he wouldn't continue on, especially since his supporters don't seem to mind throwing money at a giant pile of flaming garbage.

The option I'd prefer is Trump finding an island somewhere and making his own country, that he could then be President of. That is the real dream.

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
While this would secure a lot of Dem victories in various seats across districts and states it would also help reinforce the fractured nation.

The GOP will always have some crazies. A party full of worse crazies that believe their voices are being heard and continually engaged? That will get messy.

No this isn't a "let's forgive them and be friends" post, but just think that this wouldn't be as totally positive as you'd initially think.

I'm down for GOP losing many more elections across the spectrum, but damn if I don't want to see the Trump cult continue with a continued dedicated political party fuelled by bitterness.

Nov 18, 2020
The US wouldn't suddenly become a parliamentary democracy if Trump forms a new party. The Democrats would go more to the left and still be the dominant party while the other two fight over a smaller share of the pie. Eventually one will eat the other though and we'll be back to two parties. This has happened before in US history.

Yep. We'd be like this:

image.png

It would be literally impossible for Republicans to ever win another Presidency unless they merge again.

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
I understand the reason many might be excited by this, my concern would be that instead of splitting voters between the GOP and Trumps party would be that Trumps would just end up absorbing the GOP. Basically moving the entire party further right in an attempt to remain relevant.

DigiDom

Oct 30, 2017
This would take several general elections, and by that time the Democrats would have been in power for a decade or more.
At the pace they seem to be able to manipulate their base with newsmax and oann I would be surprised if this isn't all settled by the next election. The right have a very well oiled propaganda machine.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This would be the ultimate example of the "reaping and sowing tweet" for the GOP. Really hope this happens.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty bad when having a cultist Party is one of the best things that could realistically happen

DekuBleep

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like this news will make it easier for the Rs to find enough votes to convict Donald in the senate and then bar him from holding future office.

Nov 18, 2020
I understand the reason many might be excited by this, my concern would be that instead of splitting voters between the GOP and Trumps party would be that Trumps would just end up absorbing the GOP. Basically moving the entire party further right in an attempt to remain relevant.

Nah, because corporate money will stay with the more moderate and business-friendly GOP. You might get MyPillow and some other crazy QAnons to fund the Patriot Party, but special interests like Big Oil and Big Banks will fight tooth and nail to keep the existing structure intact. Maybe they'll succeed, but the GOP will go down swinging.

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
While this would secure a lot of Dem victories in various seats across districts and states it would also help reinforce the fractured nation.

The GOP will always have some crazies. A party full of worse crazies that believe their voices are being heard and continually engaged? That will get messy.

No this isn't a "let's forgive them and be friends" post, but just think that this wouldn't be as totally positive as you'd initially think.

I'm down for GOP losing many more elections across the spectrum, but damn if I don't want to see the Trump cult continue with a continued dedicated political party fuelled by bitterness.

I think what happens is that eventually the 'Patriot Party' just wins, and therefore the GOP will coalesce around them and become one. If they are a serious threat, don't think for a second they will just continue to allow the destruction of their party - they would rather adopt the radical Trump platform and let them have the reigns instead. It's not like they didn't already do 4 years of just that.

So I agree, it isn't a great thing either.

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I wonder if trump has been legitimately trying to get impeached so he doesn't have to run again, but he doesn't want to look like a loser so he tries to save face nonstop by never giving up. This rumor is basically begging Republicans to go along with Democrats in the senate to ensure he can't run again.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
This would end two ways. 1) The GOP buries him and it never gets off the ground or 2) it gets off the ground and the GOP is forced to merge back with Trump in the drivers seat.

Basically if the GOP doesn't bury him they are committing to him running again in 2024. Mitch knows this.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
This would be the greatest news in the last twelve years, but I doubt it. Who would fund it? It would limp out of the gate and die. Trump won't want to be a part of something that won't win.
Donald Trump embarking on an obviously and inevitably doomed business venture? Preposterous!

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Donald Trump embarking on an obviously and inevitably doomed business venture? Preposterous!
He always maintained a paper-thin illusion of success, despite his bankruptcies and failures. There's no hiding the incredible, unbelievable failure that a Patriot Party would bring. I'm not saying it won't *form*, necessarily, I'm saying he'd get the fuck out real quick and blame the commies.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Why bother? 90% of the GOP is in the trump cult already. The Republican party is effectively dead.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
At the pace they seem to be able to manipulate their base with newsmax and oann I would be surprised if this isn't all settled by the next election. The right have a very well oiled propaganda machine.

Having it all settled by the next election wouldn't be possible. Unless you think the GOP would immediately dissolve and not run a 24 candidate.

Also, a MAGA party needs more than "their base" to win any general election. Even if you could get 100% of Trumpers to abandon the GOP and vote MAGA down a ballot, it wouldn't be anywhere near enough to win a plurality of voters. They need the other people that vote GOP too.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
i absolutely promise you that he will not be doing this. lol. because it takes effort, there's no benefit and he currently owns the republican party.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
What's with alt-right assholes and making double P parties?

Trump with his Patriot Party, and here in Canada, we got Maxime Bernier with his People's Party. PP all around.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this doesn't convince the GOP senate to convict and ban from public office...
i think this is why they are gonna convict him. they dont want him dangling this threat to them for the next 4 years. if trump has no shot at seeking public office anymore he won't be able to gain much support.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
President Trump has talked in recent days with associates about forming a new political party, according to people familiar with the matter, an effort to exert continued influence after he leaves the White House.

Where can I donate, this would be great!!!!

nJi26My.gif

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
This would be the greatest news in the last twelve years, but I doubt it. Who would fund it? It would limp out of the gate and die. Trump won't want to be a part of something that won't win.
He won't even need that, his goal would be to beat the Republican party in every election but not win outright, so he gets to lord his percentage points and stay right where he wants to