• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

awake4ages

Neo•Geo Saver
Oct 27, 2017
5b23bb33d1b89.image.jpg

I have just enough whisky in me to think this is the funniest shit I've ever seen LMFAO

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
The Democrats would be free to go harder left if this happens as well. They wouldn't have to appeal to center right voters nearly as much to stay in power.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see this fracturing the GOP so much as just formally rebranding it the Trump party. The "Patriot Party" is a laugh though, coming from the guy who dodged the draft, routinely pissed on the Constitution, mocked war heroes, destroyed trust in our institutions and most recently instigated an insurrection.

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
On the one hand this would obviously spoil the GOPs institutional advantage, on the other hand this could well be a monkey's paw that a few too many people might be complacent about.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be funny until that party wins the presidency

well, that or the republicans caucus with them like other parties did when hitler was coming to power. but theoretically if it gave dems control of the house and senate until 2026 and the presidency until at least 2028, then there would be a lot of good done that would force republicans to actually figure out policy to run on, or they would fade out of existence as we know them.

we're seeing the end of the sixth party system. and what that really means is that the old generation is dying off and the new one is coming to power. and you have a more young/liberal/diverse democratic base and an increasingly white/young-and-radicalized/old republican base pushing us in the direction of a new party system.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
Cool beans. Guess it's a good thing we have FPP elections now. What a weird time to be alive.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I am sure most people may not be aware, but there is an existing Patriot party that is basically MAGA already

They typically associate with a Lion in red and white stripes, sometimes called Lion Guard.

Amazon.com: PringCor President Donald Trump MAGA LION 3x5 Ft FLAG Red White Blue Patriot Party : Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry

Buy PringCor President Donald Trump MAGA LION 3x5 Ft FLAG Red White Blue Patriot Party: T-Shirts - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

often associated with this image:
7EAePn0.jpg

First seen in 2016 on a twitter account, @LionsofTrump https://twitter.com/lionsoftrump?lang=en and later co-opted by a fringe white supremacist group, that trump ended up retweeting.

Last edited:

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Could this not just be a pressure tactic to warn the GOP against discarding him?
Pretty sure that him starting a third-party would only give them more reason to convict and vote for him to be unable to pursue office during the midterms or 2024.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017

5:00=5:52 is what likely would happen if MAGA became a viable third party

Gorilla = Democrats
Tiger = Republicans
Leopard= Patriot Party

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible that the Republican party couldn't survive this?

As in, Trump starts a new party and the Republicans just give up and join it, and now it's down to the Democrats and the Patriot party? Is there anything or anyone in the Republican party that could prevent them from just bending over to Trump considering they've shown for four years they're willing to do it? Would Linsdey Graham be the first to cross the aisle and join the new party, along with Cruz, Rubio, Gaetz and a bunch of others?

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
As an SJW soyboy lib snowflake I'd be so triggered and totally owned if Trump created his own Based GOP party, please Trump I'm begging you, don't do this!

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Trump's supporters will tell him not to do it, and he won't do it.

When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Businesses won't rally behind Trumps new party following January 6th but he'll siphon votes from the GOP.

Shoe

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who has seen the influence of ukip on the conservative party... be careful what you wish for
Just a comment - not sure if this would be a net positive or negative in the long run either - but the United Stares will always remain a two party system without massive reform (ranked choice voting in every state would be a start, but it would need to be just the beginning). So it is different than UK in that way.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Dont know how to feel about this. Sure, this will fracture the GOP, at least in the short term, but the radicalization will continue to fester and be a real danger.

Lmo2017

Oct 25, 2017
To the east of Parts Unknown...
2015 redux where everyone was delighted Trump got the GOP nom. No thanks.

This, no more chances. I don't want a bunch of psychos even more emboldened by having their own party without some lawful evil in charge to keep them from burning it all down.

But if it gets the Reps off their ass and puts Trump in jail, he can move ahead just long enough to trap himself.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
If I were Trump and wanted to do everything I can to convince GOP Senators to convict me, I would say I'm going to do this.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Is it possible that the Republican party couldn't survive this?

As in, Trump starts a new party and the Republicans just give up and join it, and now it's down to the Democrats and the Patriot party? Is there anything or anyone in the Republican party that could prevent them from just bending over to Trump considering they've shown for four years they're willing to do it? Would Linsdey Graham be the first to cross the aisle and join the new party, along with Cruz, Rubio, Gaetz and a bunch of others?

mitch_mcconnell.jpg

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
All Republicans would just join/caucus with the MAGA Party, and we'd be right back to where we are now.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
The closest I can come to understanding it is that folks here have a far stronger sense of conservative's loyalty to the Republican party than I do.
What's the downside?

Unless there is a convincing case that Democrats and independents are going to flee en mass to it.