• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What are you most excited for?

• The more powerful model

Votes: 4,343 67.8%
  • The more handheld model

Votes: 599 9.4%
  • Both!

Votes: 711 11.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 751 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen Nintendo introduce a $199 piece of software without hardware... Can't imagine what the would put out for that type of money without some sort of device... LaboVR + software maybe, still expensive.
Yea I've never seen a 200$ collectors edition game either from nintendo or most 3rd parties even

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
I've never seen Nintendo introduce a $199 piece of software without hardware... Can't imagine what the would put out for that type of money without some sort of device... LaboVR + software maybe, still expensive.

The PS4 also got two new SKU with a price above 100$ (quality of the picture in the tweet is very bad), so it really might be some crazy collector's edition for a third party game.

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Twin pack Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee Pokeball Plus. Comes with a VR cardboard.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah could be, all the platforms seem to have a $199 mysterious sku, though those could also be systems with a game bundle too, since those platforms are in their final years.
eh if there's one listed for each system it's probably going to be the same thing. If it was hardware there would be a good chance of different software bundle options with PS or XB.

z0m3le

Oct 25, 2017
eh if there's one listed for each system it's probably going to be the same thing. If it was hardware there would be a good chance of different software bundle options with PS or XB.
Did anyone see PS4 and XB1's # for that SKU? Switch is 202351, if they are all similar, that would mean they are for the same product likely, but if only ps4 and xb1 match up, it could be very different products. I do think it could just be the doom eternal ce, but because of these rumors, we are going to question mysterious skus in this price range.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
The other thing is that $199 SKU is listed as "Availble SKU" while the rest have "available" spelled correctly.

That could mean it was entered at a different time or in a different system (or by a different person) than the others. Which might suggest it's different in some way (AKA a hardware SKU or bundle).

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I played some 3DS yesterday and I feel so ready for a Switch mini. I love my Switch but it's just too massive, heavy, and difficult to carry around compared to something like the 3DS.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
Oh man. Smash ultimate isn't getting great reviews for VR mode.
Is it possible to be a collecters edition game SKU like Death Stranding?
Doom? But when we the last time a 3rd party ever released a super expensive collectors edition on a nintendo console? They have a history of skipping CEs... I don't think we even got a 1st party game bundle that didn't include a console, rival that in cost

Man it's hard to justify any game sku for $200

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
What multiplatform game would have the audacity to ask for a $200 CE?

Probably a new Assassin's Creed.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
The other thing is that $199 SKU is listed as "Availble SKU" while the rest have "available" spelled correctly.

That could mean it was entered at a different time or in a different system (or by a different person) than the others. Which might suggest it's different in some way (AKA a hardware SKU or bundle).
That's a pretty good catch.

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal

Onix555

Apr 23, 2019
UK
Wait what? Could this mean Exynos with RDNA tech? This could be interesting for ARM based SoCs

Since Nvidia stopped making mobile SOCs, these will probably be the most advanced and powerful GPUs available for mobile devices. Although theres not much competition since all of the other mobile GPUs (Mali, PVR, Mediatek) arent particulary great.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
II feel like this is more because Samsung might be making a Exynos-powered Windows laptop

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
Did anyone see this? Some designer imagined a newer switch...
y0mz3wpgbv131.jpg

theres more colors and stuff
https:///industrial-designer-envisions-how-an-upgraded-nintendo-switch-could-look-like/

Smash Kirby

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2017
y0mz3wpgbv131.jpg

https:///industrial-designer-envisions-how-an-upgraded-nintendo-switch-could-look-like/
It looks too Apple and not really Nintendo. It is also missing the USB 3 port for the Dock, It seems to be really Sterile.

NappingRat

Jul 2, 2018
Please no circle pad thumb analog things... ( :-$ ). Also, the mockup's website is pretty out there in terms of specs. AMD?? 🤦

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
y0mz3wpgbv131.jpg

I like it and think this is the sorta design the super switch should go with if they are marketing it as the premium model

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
y0mz3wpgbv131.jpg

Oh, man... I'd buy that day one. I *really* hope this new Switch lite or whatever is something along these lines. I'm drooling over that dpad!

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
y0mz3wpgbv131.jpg

The sticks look like shit. Also they're both at the top, which is the worst way to set sticks.
Headphone jack at the bottom? I don't think I can hate this more

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
That looks awesome and I'd absolutely "downgrade" to a more pocketable Switch with a real d-pad.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
y0mz3wpgbv131.jpg

That could work as a Switch mini (though I'm not a fan of circle pads) but that's certainly not going to be anything like the upgraded Switch, since that will still be a hybrid with detachable controls.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
The design may look good but its easy to design something when you don't have to worry about how all the internals fit together. Designing handhelds is probably like a game of tetris, getting all the pieces to fit together is the hard part.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
So are we pretty much guaranteed no new switch model (in any form) by the time Mario Maker 2 launches?

Anyone had luck buying a used Switch?

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Frankly, I'm having a bit of difficulty believing they'd remove 3D rumble given that it'd make certain games like some party games in Mario Party unplayable. But I don't know Nintendo's history of making their old games unplayable with hardware updates, maybe I'm wrong and they've fucked over old software with new hardware before, but I doubt it.

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018
I have no idea why but a zero bezel screen coupled with big 'ol controls hanging off the side just looks weird to me. I much prefer bezles around the screen.

ozfunghi

Oct 25, 2017
That looks more like a Sony product than a Nintendo product. Dpad and sticks very close to the edge.

Not a big fan tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.